CLIENT: Dump of mudlet related things for y'all

The place with help files for new players, weapon and equipment stats and other pertinent information for players of all levels and experience.
Ashlee

Re: Dump of mudlet related things for y'all

Post by Ashlee » Thu Jun 20, 2019 4:59 pm

granit wrote:doing gods work out here.
+1

keim

Post by keim » Fri Jun 21, 2019 12:01 am

stealing all my ideas!

Terinor

Post by Terinor » Sat Jun 22, 2019 6:33 pm

Wowowowow

Elyse

Post by Elyse » Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:09 pm

Any reason the "catch name" trigger in the mapper might bug out? Everything was working beautifully, and I quit and reloaded, and suddenly there was a big "bug" icon over that trigger and my map wouldn't work. I played around with it but couldn't get it to work properly. Best I could do was get it to keep saying "no match found!"

Elyse

Post by Elyse » Tue Jun 25, 2019 12:00 am

I think I got it working again. Updated the client, reinstalled the map, and I was able to get the map to follow me again. Doesn't like my rank 8 rooms anymore, but that's hardly an issue.

Groderick

Post by Groderick » Tue Jun 25, 2019 6:58 am

The catch name iirc was made with a color trigger (unless Adael changed it at some point)
Have you changed the colors that you display the room names and/or descriptions?

Adael

Post by Adael » Tue Jun 25, 2019 10:12 am

It is a color trigger, and sometimes when that package is imported it loses what colors it needs to trigger on for some reason. Nothing difficult to fix, just need to go in and re-add them.

Adael

Post by Adael » Tue Jun 25, 2019 10:13 am

Elyse wrote:I think I got it working again. Updated the client, reinstalled the map, and I was able to get the map to follow me again. Doesn't like my rank 8 rooms anymore, but that's hardly an issue.
Glad you got it working :)
You or me can add those rooms to the map again easy enough.

Groderick

Post by Groderick » Thu Jun 27, 2019 7:24 pm

Adael wrote:It is a color trigger, and sometimes when that package is imported it loses what colors it needs to trigger on for some reason. Nothing difficult to fix, just need to go in and re-add them.
I don't know, sometimes people may change the colors of their client, it was one of the two most common problems that people faced when they were sending me tells on how to fix the problem. (with the other being brief movement)

Adael

Post by Adael » Mon Jul 01, 2019 6:32 pm

So long as the mapper script is highest on the list, it should process using the default cyan (assuming you have color complete on) before taking into account user made changes.

On a separate note, added a script/alias that will remind you to vote if it's been longer than 24 hours since you last did. It'll probably take a day before it starts giving a message (as it won't have a time to compare to at the start), but you can type "vote WoTMUD" to open the topmudsites voting page.