CLIENT: Dump of mudlet related things for y'all

The place with help files for new players, weapon and equipment stats and other pertinent information for players of all levels and experience.
GroderickMashin

Re: Dump of mudlet related things for y'all

Post by GroderickMashin » Sun Jul 14, 2019 7:37 am

what does the wotmud master do? :P

Adael

Post by Adael » Sun Jul 14, 2019 10:18 am

Adael wrote:There is a now a file called WoTMUD_master.xml that you can download, which should have everything I've posted on dropbox combined into one.

Included within this new file is an alias, with the following syntax: "update WoTMUD_master"
EDIT: Also included an alias to update your map, it has the following syntax: "update WoTMUD_map"
You can use this command after installing the .xml package to get the .dat mapfile , instead of downloading the map individually. Once it finishes, a "look" should center on your position.

Once you've installed this master package for the first time, in the future typing that command in will download the master file from dropbox, save it on your computer, delete the old package, and install the download as a new package. That way, in the future, if I update things, you only have to type in this one command to get anything new/changed. Ditto for the map.

Some folders come auto-locked, because I don't use them and didn't bother unlocking them before exporting. I can change this in the future if it really bothers people.

Cheers!

Taziar

Post by Taziar » Mon Jul 15, 2019 12:22 am

That.. is very cool :)

Maru

Post by Maru » Sat Aug 17, 2019 2:12 pm

Greetings. I'm a newbie WOTMUD player. Generally I play muds on mudlet. I downloaded all of your files, loaded WotMUD_map.dat(preferences-mapper-load another map file in) then by package manager installed WotMUD_master.xml, and restarted mudlet. My problem is: map can't locate me on it and doesn't follow either. I uninstalled WotMUD_master and installed Mapper_2019-06-15.xml, nothing changed. I don't know it's related or not but my operation system is Sparky Linux(debian based) and version of mudlet is 3.0.0. I tried this on windows devices and it worked but you know I don't like windows and don't want to use it just because of a mapper. By the way I also tried resetqueue and look. I will be very happy and loyal wotmud player if you solve my problem. Thank you.

Rosaria

Post by Rosaria » Sun Aug 18, 2019 9:47 am

Maru wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2019 2:12 pm
Greetings. I'm a newbie WOTMUD player. Generally I play muds on mudlet. I downloaded all of your files, loaded WotMUD_map.dat(preferences-mapper-load another map file in) then by package manager installed WotMUD_master.xml, and restarted mudlet. My problem is: map can't locate me on it and doesn't follow either. I uninstalled WotMUD_master and installed Mapper_2019-06-15.xml, nothing changed. I don't know it's related or not but my operation system is Sparky Linux(debian based) and version of mudlet is 3.0.0. I tried this on windows devices and it worked but you know I don't like windows and don't want to use it just because of a mapper. By the way I also tried resetqueue and look. I will be very happy and loyal wotmud player if you solve my problem. Thank you.
Someone help this guy! :)

Adael

Post by Adael » Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:47 am

Maru wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2019 2:12 pm
Couple things it could be. Did you get a red “No matches found” when you were in rooms after installing the mapper and script?

Maru

Post by Maru » Sun Aug 18, 2019 12:51 pm

Now I checked it and there is nothing like that. I've tried both for mapper and master.

Adael

Post by Adael » Sun Aug 18, 2019 6:54 pm

Maru wrote:
Sun Aug 18, 2019 12:51 pm
Now I checked it and there is nothing like that. I've tried both for mapper and master.
Sounds like the color trigger for catching the room name isn’t working right. Happens sometimes when importing those triggers on Macs, might be the same for Linux for some reason.

Check if the Catch name trigger has the background color set to black, and the foreground to cyan (ANSI 6 iirc).

Maru

Post by Maru » Sun Aug 18, 2019 7:51 pm

It works! I don't know how to thank you! I really appreciate it. Now I can play wotmud on linux. Thank you so much :D

Maru

Post by Maru » Mon Aug 19, 2019 5:27 pm

Is it possible to resize the map window? I have a little netbook and the map window covers the text. Unless I set very little font size, I can't see all the text.