CLIENT: Dump of mudlet related things for y'all

The place with help files for new players, weapon and equipment stats and other pertinent information for players of all levels and experience.
Adael

Re: Dump of mudlet related things for y'all

Post by Adael » Wed Sep 08, 2021 12:13 am

Added an alias so that you can type into the mudlet command line and open up a search page for the wotmud wiki. Laziness at its finest.

"wotpack update" to get a new version of the installer package, so it knows this new file exists and is available
"wotpack install wotmud wiki search" to download the new alias

"wiki track" (for example) should open up your default web browser to the wotmud wiki search page, with "track" filled in as the search term. You'll still have to manually click the top result to actually go to the track page though (or whatever page corresponds to the term you searched for).

Cheers!

Adael

Post by Adael » Tue Sep 14, 2021 12:58 am

Made a small set of cosmetic updates to the mapper and communications scripts that will hopefully be useful. Spent some time becoming a bit more familiar with the GUI capabilities of Mudlet to make their respective windows more easily movable/resizable. I'd been particularly wanting to do this for a long time with the comms window, since that wasn't something I had written myself, and I always have people asking me how to move it/change the size/change the fontsize. I scrapped the old comms script I'd stolen from the mudlet forums and wrote a simple one myself from an example on the mudlet wiki.

For anyone updating, I'd recommend following these steps:

"wotpack install mapper" and "wotpack install communications" to grab the new files
"map configs reset" and "comms configs reset" to make sure some variables are properly set
You'll have to turn "map brief" back on after that if you've been using it
I would then restart mudlet to clear out some old variables.

Some other useful commands:

You can change the colors of the communications a bit easier from the mudlet command line now.
"comms color narrates red" would make narrates red
"comms color immortals green", "comms color yells blue", etc. etc.

"comms window fontsize 10" would set the fontsize to 10

"map dock" and "comms dock" will toggle whether or not the mapper or comms window dock on the left or right side of the screen if you drag them close enough.

Other updates:

Added some right click options to the mapper to update the name and/or description of a selected room (you should just look at the room before doing this, so that it uses the correct name and description from the mapper triggers)

map updated to include CoL/CoD/CoR along with labels for where the various directions lead
map updated to include Joncask's new location in FM
map updated to include FM barracks, and color coded warrior/rogue/hunter practice rooms in FM
added numerical labels to the nodes in the Ways so that communications about navigation is potentially easier. Thanks to Draz for the suggestion.

"map update" to grab the new map

Feedback, bugs, questions, and comments all welcome. Cheers! :)

Adael

Post by Adael » Wed Sep 15, 2021 7:36 pm

Updated the map with some fixed room names/descriptions.

Updated map scripts so that the ability to right click and edit room names/descriptions actually works now :?

Adael

Post by Adael » Tue Oct 05, 2021 9:14 pm

Updated mapper triggers to account for the fact that hammer of air can make your flees fail to go through.
"wotpack install mapper" or "wotpack install mapper triggers" to grab the latest version

Updated two rooms in the Jangai pass that Elysia posted about in Discord.
Updated a few other room names/descriptions around the map (don't recall 100% which ones off the top of my head :P)
"map update" to grab the latest version

Adael

Post by Adael » Thu Oct 14, 2021 12:23 am

Slightly updated the map scripts behind the scenes. Shouldn't affect functionality, but please let me know if anyone has issues after updating.

I added the ability to set your own colors for room types after a bit of prodding from Lea and Enoch. After updating the mapper scripts, you should be able to "map color road blue", or "map color rent purple", or "map color inside black", etc. to set colors of your own for the map if you don't like mine.
Slight point of possible confusion, but the _type_ of the room (basically a number that I've arbitrarily assigned to some value such as "road", "swamp", "grocer", "bank", etc.) is something embedded into the map file that I upload. The _color_ of a specific room _type_ is now something you can control within my scripts (previous colors were hardcoded).
If anyone comes across a room that they think has the wrong _type_, you can change it yourself with "cre xxx" where xxx is "rent" "grocer" "bank" or some other valid option found in the "colorlegend" display. You are also encouraged to let me know, along with any rooms that don't show up on the map due to name/description changes (or spots I just haven't mapped yet, like some clan rooms).

I've added a room type for "horse" loads as well, thanks to Lea. I'd previously had some rooms marked with a small H in them, but that wasn't always visible depending on the map zoom. Hopefully coloring them works better.

Updated the findroom alias to better account for partial room names. If an exact room name match doesn't give anything, it'll try a partial room name match instead. Courtesy to Lea for making me do this.

EDIT: the zone names (if you choose to have them displayed below the room exits) are now clickable links which will open up the wiki page for that zone. Courtesy to Exodio, I'd had this idea in my head when I first added zone info but never bothered doing it. Now that someone finds it useful...:)

Moved the trigger that makes room names clickable when you type "where" from Misc. Triggers to the map triggers, as it technically uses zone info from the mapper to function right. You can remove that trigger in the Misc. folder (if you have it) after updating the mapper.

I also updated the README at github.com/weisluke/WoTMUD with some images of the installation process to hopefully facilitate making that easier for newbies. Any suggested changes, additions, or further information you'd like to see on there is more than welcome! :D

Adael

Post by Adael » Sat Oct 16, 2021 8:27 pm

Aaand I had to fix how the map scripts saves configurations and user chosen map room colors, as it wasn't quite working as intended. Thanks to Enoch for bringing it to my attention.
That also meant I had to fix how the comms window saves configurations/colors as well to work better.
Both should be all set now though for any updates. "wotpack install mapper" and "wotpack install communications" respectively.

Adael

Post by Adael » Mon Nov 01, 2021 12:05 am

Slightly altered the way the mapper handles door commands to hopefully work better when you are fleeing and trying to use door commands as dlines. Also wrapped stuff into a proper function because past Adael was a bad coder :lol:
"wotpack install mapper" as usual for the new version.

PLEASE NOTE: AUTOFLEES WILL STILL NOT WORK 100% WITH DLINING DOOR COMMANDS (looking at you Draz :P). I have potential ideas on how to fix that, but I'd have to do more testing than I want to tonight. Baby steps :)

Added a "map save json" command to save a json version of your map (so you can view the map file with a text editor). It should give the location on your computer where the file is being saved.
I have now also saved a "JSON_WoTMUD_map.zip" file (had to zip it because it was above the 25MB filesize limit) to my github. Interested users can save their own json map, download mine and unzip it, and then do a comparison between the two to see what I've changed. This should hopefully more easily facilitate people being able to add their own labels and stuff to the map without having to worry about them being overwritten.

Note: I have not done any testing myself as to how easy this is, but in theory you should just be able to compare the two files, read over the text that's different between the two, and decide which parts you want to keep.

That being said, while I am extremely minimalist in my map, I am always open to potentially adding more info to it if people give me ideas :).

Cheers!

EDIT: I also updated my map with the new rooms/updated rooms for the jump exits in Seandar, Mayene, Tear, and Maradon. Both the map that you'd get with "map update" and the JSON you can manually download and compare should have those updated rooms.

Adael

Post by Adael » Tue Nov 02, 2021 9:43 pm

Fixed a pesky bug Nunzio informed me of, where if the map lost track of where you were in the dark or blind, it would begin searching through all possible rooms on the map and narrowing down possibilities based on your movements. This caused VERY noticeable lag as it was looping through rooms. I've removed that feature, so if the mapper loses where you are in the dark or blind, it will stay lost until you enter a room you can see.

Apologies for anyone this has affected. I would REALLY recommend updating your map scripts to fix the issue.

I additionally fixed two minor mistakes where doors weren't displaying properly if the map was used in offline mode, and where "look" commands were messing up the door direction commands.

Updated my map to include a couple more jump exits that were added. JSON map uploaded as well for anyone interested.

EDIT: Added one more minor update to the map scripts on 2021-11-03 03:28 UTC, due to a (very minor) issue where a function was sometimes being called with a nil room ID. Thanks to @craigrs84#4294 from Discord for letting me know about it! :)

Adael

Post by Adael » Mon Nov 08, 2021 8:35 pm

Fixed a bug in the map door commands where movements weren't being processed 100% correctly, resulting in blank door names being inserted. Apologies to Draz, and anyone else who this has affected and resulted in your death :(

As always, if you ever encounter what you think is a bug with the mapper, or have questions about how something is working, please feel free to forum mail or discord PM me a log. Preferably of the entire session, including the "resetqueue" command output (as I've now changed it to display a bit more).

Re-added in the mapper's ability to find you in the dark/blind if it has lost where you are, by narrowing down movement processing from all the rooms in the map. From what I can tell, I've successfully done this without creating the horrid lag it had before. Please report any issues to me.

Added a new room or two to the map.

"wotpack install mapper" to pull the new version.

EDIT 2021-11-09T03:49 UTC - made a minor typo that I needed to fix for the map to narrow down rooms correctly.

Adael

Post by Adael » Thu Nov 11, 2021 6:40 pm

I've uploaded a new toy for people to play around with :)

You'll have to follow these steps to get it:

1) "wotpack update" to pull a new version of the package handler (so that it knows new files are available). This will set your font to Comic Sans. That's meant to only occur for first time installations of the wotpack_installer.mpackage, and should not happen again in the future (although please let me know if it does).

2) "wotpack install practice trainer" to install the practice trainer I've made. Many many thanks to Ickmund and Thuvia for all the research and work they put into their trainers, which provided 95% of the legwork for how this one functions.

3) You can then type "ptrainer" to bring up the practice trainer window. It should support humans/seanchan/trollocs/dreadlords/fades/graymen, and warriors/rogues/hunters/channelers (where allowed).
I -think- the practice percentages, number of pracs needed, and levels required, should be accurate for everything, but there's always the chance I've made a typo or messed something up. Please let me know if you see any discrepancies.

4) Please take a moment to read the 4 lines of help info in the practice trainer window :P. You can increment/decrement/change pracs, stats, and character info through some button clicks or mouse scrolls. The trainer will also pull your character info from the stat command.

5) You can save and load practice profiles. Please read the 1 liner of help info for that in the practice window itself :P

6) You can type "prac hunter" "prac warrior" "prac rogue" and the number of "prac xxx" commands necessary for the skills in the window will be sent to the MUD. Bit spammy, but I don't like hiding commands that are going to be sent. Can change that if people end up not liking it.

As always, let me know if you have questions/complaints/comments, or find issues. Cheers! :)

EDIT: I will note, I don't support residuals. That may come at some point in the future, TBD

EDIT2: few minor bugfixes to the trainer. If you have 21 str as a trolloc and change race, the str bumps down to 19. If you have ride or swim pracced and swap race to trolloc, those pracs go to 0. You cannot save a practice setup if no filename is provided, or if the number of levels required is greater than 51.