CLIENT: Dump of mudlet related things for y'all

The place with help files for new players, weapon and equipment stats and other pertinent information for players of all levels and experience.
Adael

CLIENT: Dump of mudlet related things for y'all

Post by Adael » Wed Jan 03, 2018 4:10 pm

[original post starter] As promised oh so long ago to some people, I have finally dumped (almost...more on that shortly) everything I have related to mudlet in one location. Credit first where it's due, most of this came from Saal's website (he and Groderick were responsible for most of it I believe) which can still be found in a previous thread (http://forums.wotmud.info/viewtopic.php?f=76&t=6256), albeit with dated and no longer working files. I took all this from there way back when, and have since tinkered and expanded/deleted from it (so if you browse his website, you may or may not find most things from there here). Anyways, link to the materials first, explanations of what's there after.

[CURRENT STATUS 2020-08-16]
All of my files are hosted at https://github.com/weisluke/WoTMUD
There are subfolders for various items should you wish to download/install things individually, but there is one installer package which manages downloading/installing things via commands sent to mudlet that I would recommend using instead. The instructions in the README should be straightforward enough, but I'll somewhat copy the gist of it here.

For new users, click on the name wotpack_installer.mpackage
There should be a button to download the file (if there is a button to view raw, right click and save as instead)
Save the file somewhere easy to find on your computer
Open mudlet, select Package Manager from the top toolbar, click install, navigate to wherever you saved the file on your computer, and open it. If it's successful, a help message should pop up.

This wotpack_installer package will handle the download and installation of all other files on the site. Courtesy to Keim for this idea.

"wotpack update" will download and install an updated version of the wotpack_installer.mpackage (useful for it to internally have an up-to-date list of all other files on the site, assuming I remember to update this base file if new things are added :P)
"wotpack help" should display a help message with some information (this help message will also show up when the package is downloaded/updated)
"wotpack install all" will install every script/trigger/alias/key from the site.
"wotpack uninstall all" will remove them.
"wotpack install mapper" will install the mapper scripts/triggers/aliases/keys.
"wotpack uninstall mapper" would remove them all.
"wotpack install mapper scripts" would update just the mapper scripts (not the most useful, as you want the entire mapper to be up to date, but that's the syntax for only downloading/installing a particular subpart. Ditto for "wotpack install mapper aliases", or for a different file "wotpack install doors aliases" to get the aliases for handling door variables)

You can type "map update" if you have downloaded the mapper files, in order to download the latest version of the map. You should get messages regarding the start and finish of a download. How long that takes will depend on internet speed.
You can type "map help" for some common map commands, and some more in-depth ones.

"wotpack view files" should provide a list of all available files for downloading (it's not formatted pretty, sorry, maybe that will change in the future).

Short explanations of what all those files entail:

AltTimer – shows a time stamp when you disconnect, and a message after 5/15 minutes saying you can log on.

Autostand triggers – what the name suggest. Locked by default, I don’t use it. Double click the trigger folder to unlock it.

Communications - Contains communications scripts/triggers/aliases. I did not write this, so I am less informed about any issues that may arise with it. You can change the colors of narrates/chats/says/etc by editing the appropriate foreground (fg) in the triggers.

Containers aliases – aliases to set containers/lights?/flasks? And maybe a few other things.

Delete Lines – contains random lines some people may want deleted to reduce mud spam (unzerking messages, blight worm screams, Falme gate ogier yells, etc). Disabled by default, as I don’t use it.

Master mob aliases, Door aliases, Targetting aliases - essentially these are used the same. you can setmob, setdoor, tgt xxx. Once something has been specified, there's aliases to open/close/lock door, order mob flee/bash/rescue, kill target/h.target, charge target, etc. most of the syntax should be able to be figured out from the pattern box (example: p to kill target, o to kill h.target, q to bash target, omr to order mob rescue adael or omr xxx to order mob rescue xxx). Can be more detailed if confused.

Gating – aliases/triggers for Sedai to capture gate codes and store them in a table. Viewcodes xxx, gate xxx

HP/SP/MV Colors – highlights hps/mvs/enemy hps/sps in the main mud input line. SPs disabled by default as I don’t use it, double click the folder to unlock. You can change the fg color highlight for everything to whatever your preference is if you don't like my scheme (scroll through healthy/scr/hurt/wound/etc and you should see where the highlight option changes from green to orange)

Melee Colors – highlights for dmg, bashing, dodging, parrying, people dying, landing/failing stabs/charge, and a whole variety of things. Edit colors at your own desire. probably one of the bigger things to get used to if you use it. suddenly everything is colorful when fighting . melee hits, things involving bashes, and people starting/landing charges/stabs, getting feared/psned, failing rescues, etc all have highlights attached to them. Again, feel free to browse through, read what is setting off the trigger, and change the color of things or delete them as you want.

Room highlights – highlights tracks to be brown (or red if bloody), plus adds markers for directions (^^, >>, vv, <<, uu, dd) to the ends of lines. Also capitalizes tracks involving trolls/fades. Highlights aggros in rooms (you might have to double check to unlock that section as I don't use it myself). ditto for the horse highlights section. Highlights hiddens in room, weary merchants, and ponds/streams/fountains/etc in rooms.

other triggers: weather highlights, following highlights, random lord/lady and clan highlights, idle trigger, other highlights that should be named to be self explanatory.

status triggers: random flee/brave/wimpy triggers in there that are turned off 'cause I don't use them. maybe I'll take a look at them and see what they were for sometime. highlights for status affects and food/drink related things.

weaves triggers: highlights weave colors.

[TODOLIST FOR THE FUTURE]
Make (a possibly briefer) map help display on script update, in case I change or add important commands. Cons to this: people might hate me for the spam :P. The mapper is probably one of the more important things that new people use I would imagine though, so having as much info auto-display at times for it as possible isn't necessarily bad in my mind.

Write up lots of help files. This takes time and better writing skills than I may have however...
Last edited by Adael on Sun Aug 16, 2020 3:52 pm, edited 11 times in total.

Mykael

Re: Dump of mudlet related things for y'all

Post by Mykael » Wed Jan 03, 2018 5:25 pm

Thanks Adael. This is truly awesome.

Reyne

Post by Reyne » Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:47 pm

Oh wow, awesome. I was just thinking of switching to Mudlet because my current client keeps giving me troubles and that sealed the deal. Thanks!

Rajin

Post by Rajin » Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:47 am

Thanks, this is great stuff.

Rajin

Post by Rajin » Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:43 pm

The door scripts don't seem to be working.
Any idea why the door variable isn't available?
Also, is it possible to have door auto-opened when moving around? This is something I had setup in Cmud before.

o HP:Healthy MV:Fresh >
od
First door not set!
'setdoor xxx' to set first door.
setdoor gate
[ LUA ] - object:<Set Door> function:<Alias20>
<[string "Alias: Set Door"]:2: attempt to index global 'door' (a string value)>
od
First door not set!

Adael

Post by Adael » Sun Jan 07, 2018 1:58 pm

Rajin wrote:The door scripts don't seem to be working.
Also, is it possible to have door auto-opened when moving around? This is something I had setup in Cmud before.

od
First door not set!
setdoor gate
od
First door not set!
Hmmm, unfortunately I don't know why it's not working for you.
And I suppose you could write something up to auto open doors, but that depends on what conditions you want. When you enter a room? When you run into a closed one? etc

GroderickMashin

Post by GroderickMashin » Mon Jan 08, 2018 3:19 am

very well done. I feel proud

GroderickMashin

Post by GroderickMashin » Mon Jan 08, 2018 3:23 am

od
First door not set!
setdoor gate
od
First door not set!
If you use "door" as a list, try to initiate the door global variable to nil.

Else, try to make a LOCAL variable with a different name because propably the variable door is already used somewhere else

Rajin

Post by Rajin » Mon Jan 08, 2018 3:37 pm

Adael wrote:

od
First door not set!
setdoor gate
od
First door not set!
Hmmm, unfortunately I don't know why it's not working for you.
And I suppose you could write something up to auto open doors, but that depends on what conditions you want. When you enter a room? When you run into a closed one? etc

I got it working.
What I was really wanting is to have doors automatically opened for me when moving. Looking up if there's a door in the direction I want to go, and if so, try to open it before going that way.

So, instead of mapping Numpad-4 to 'w', I added this instead.

Code: Select all

if wotmudmapper.currentID then
  for k, v in pairs({ "west"}) do
    local dir = string.sub(v, 1, 1)
    if getRoomUserData(wotmudmapper.currentID, dir) ~= "" then

send("open " .. getRoomUserData(wotmudmapper.currentID, dir))
    end
  end
end
send('w')

Adael

Post by Adael » Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:47 pm

Mmm gotcha, makes sense. Roughly how I would've written the same thing.

On a separate note, the .dat map file has been updated to include a couple more smobs, a few more doors, and the areas around Stronghold/Dark Fortress.