CLIENT: Dump of mudlet related things for y'all

The place with help files for new players, weapon and equipment stats and other pertinent information for players of all levels and experience.
Adael

Re: Dump of mudlet related things for y'all

Post by Adael » Mon Aug 19, 2019 6:26 pm

Scripts -> Mapper -> Adjust map size/position

There should be percentages at the very bottom for height/width that you can adjust.

Maru

Post by Maru » Mon Aug 19, 2019 10:17 pm

Adael wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 6:26 pm
Scripts -> Mapper -> Adjust map size/position

There should be percentages at the very bottom for height/width that you can adjust.
I've set it. You're awesome. Thank you so much:)

Adael

Post by Adael » Mon Nov 04, 2019 4:54 pm

Few small updates:

Am trying to move from having things located on dropbox to instead being at https://github.com/weisluke/WoTMUD instead. There's a few reasons why, mostly thanks to Keim, that I'll be trying to implement at some point in the (probably distant but who knows) future.
You'll have to "update WoTMUD_master" twice (once to essentially snag the new GitHub link, second to actually download changes) right now, obviously only once though in the future afterwards because the changes include the new link.

Took a few pages out of the generic mudlet mapping script to make some (mostly cosmetic) changes to this mapping script.
Included a help file (type "map help" to see it, and for some help subfolders) to hopefully provide a bit of info. Wouldn't be a bad idea to read through everything (some of the yellow lines are clickable to expand) to familiarize yourself. Can try to make things in it more clear if they're not.
Updating the map has had the command changed to a simple "map update"
Various other commands may have had their syntax slightly changed (ie, now you type "map brief" to have the map script manually hide room descriptions)
Mapper will now show an error if there are exits in a room to unknown places. This is mostly meant to help people avoid DTs, but also to remind myself/others where rooms might be missing on the map that could be added.
You might have to restart mudlet after updating scripts for them to take effect and work properly.
Instead of having to edit a script to adjust the map window size, there's commands to do it. "map help map window" should give more info. As an example though, "map window w 50" will change the width of the map window to 50% of the screen.
Updated some room descriptions, added a couple random rooms, added the area SE WB where the half-troll throws you off the bridge, added KFort (LS version) and inside Malf thanks to Zangief and others.
Updated comms to include SS drawls (as previously it used to look for the crossrace *s)

Adael

Post by Adael » Sat Nov 09, 2019 3:05 pm

Small update:

fixed the ordering of some of the communications triggers so that if a narrate/say/chat appears at the end of a line showing your health/mvs/(enemy), it only displays the person who made the message and what they said.

In other words, if the mud gives a line like: HP:Scratched MVS:Full - the ancient tree: Healthy > xxx narrates yyy
It used to capture the whole line and echo it in the communications prompt. Now, it should only echo: > xxx narrates yyy

Fixed the alias/trigger/script that downloads player numbers from Stark's website and displays them on the who list. Should fix issues people were having with their sides numbers not displaying at all, at the cost of displayed LS/DS numbers being innacurate (to be more precise, they will likely show data from the last time you typed 'who', which may be any number of minutes in the past..so it's no longer necessarily a realtime number. Though you can obviously get around that by typing who, waiting a minute, and typing who again, so that the numbers have time to download)

Removed a trigger I accidentally kept in last time that set various variables for me on mud connection.

EDIT: and fixed the 'map help' alias to display the changed command for the mapper to hide room descriptions right away ('map brief')

Jomin

Post by Jomin » Sun Mar 29, 2020 6:08 pm

Adael wrote:
Sun Aug 18, 2019 6:54 pm
Maru wrote:
Sun Aug 18, 2019 12:51 pm
Now I checked it and there is nothing like that. I've tried both for mapper and master.
Sounds like the color trigger for catching the room name isn’t working right. Happens sometimes when importing those triggers on Macs, might be the same for Linux for some reason.

Check if the Catch name trigger has the background color set to black, and the foreground to cyan (ANSI 6 iirc).
Actually I put the option in to be able to ignore one of the colours - in this case ignoring the background colour makes sense... :ugeek: example

Jomin

Post by Jomin » Tue Apr 07, 2020 1:33 pm

I'm starting to look at using these resources myself but since I have a 43" 4K monitor(TV!) set up above my normal monitor I want to be able to use the dockable/floatable map widget - which means NOT calling the code to put the map in a Geyser container.

Would it be possible to have that as a configurable option - it does require a restart IIRC as it is not possible to remove the mapper in a container once it has been made...

Jomin

Post by Jomin » Wed Apr 08, 2020 1:17 pm

I wasn't aware of the on-line player numbers that are supposed to be available after using the who alias but I am looking at it and finding that it is currently failing - it seems that "SSL handshake failed" errors are happening. I know that the connection to the game server does not use SSL so I wonder whether that is influencing Mudlet's behaviour, investigating further, but if anyone has any hints they'd be welcome... :geek:

Adael

Post by Adael » Wed Apr 08, 2020 2:05 pm

That’s a script that pulls numbers from Stark’s website, not the MUD itself.

In regards to the map, I pulled some stuff from the generic mapper. “map show” should show/hide the map in a geyser container. If you hide it, then restart mudlet, you should be able to use the dockable widget. And the setting should save so you can continue doing so when you start up mudlet again.

keim

Post by keim » Sat May 09, 2020 9:14 pm

implement the fix you bastard

Code: Select all

elseif string.find(matches[2],"Hand of Light") then
	selectCaptureGroup(2)
	fg("light_goldenrod")

Roryn

Post by Roryn » Sun May 10, 2020 12:35 pm

Tried searching but came up empty, is there a combat skill success% tracker for mudlet? Or would someone mind posting one?