MUDLet Map

... A place to ask for help on any topic whether it be starting out to player killing to IT issues.
Viola

Re: MUDLet Map

Post by Viola » Mon Sep 18, 2017 3:58 pm

Just checked now with a char walking in Caemlyn, doubt it was changed since the making of the map...
Do I need to cancel older Mudlet packages that are installed?
and the map window is showing but with no map and saying "No map or no valid position"...

Katherine

Post by Katherine » Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:06 pm

Viola wrote:Just checked now with a char walking in Caemlyn, doubt it was changed since the making of the map...
Do I need to cancel older Mudlet packages that are installed?
and the map window is showing but with no map and saying "No map or no valid position"...
Sounds like the .DAT file still has not been imported through the mudlet preferences.

julianna

Post by julianna » Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:40 pm

Is there a way to edit a Mudlet map without individually mapping each room in-game? I.e. is there some sort of option to right click on a room and edit it's description/room name/exits etc.? I know in cmud and zmud, you could edit a map in offline mode. Just curious!

julianna

Post by julianna » Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:57 pm

Related question...can you use this mapper to edit an already made map? Or do you need to, in essence, start from scratch? Sorry for dumb questions, I am not at all technologically savvy.

Jomin

Post by Jomin » Tue Jan 30, 2018 6:03 am

There are various Mudlet specific lua based additional functions to all sorts of things to the map data for an existing map. If you have a map loaded but it is showing "No map or no valid position" then Mudlet does not have an idea of which room the player is in - use the lua centerview(#) function, where # is a positive integer room number to position the map centred on that room. When you save the game it will also save the map data (with a datetime stamped name) in the <userHomeDir>/.config/mudlet/profile/<profileName>/maps/ sub-directory where the profile (character's) data is save. The same also happens with the saveMap() if no filename is given as an argument.

BTW if the "run lua code" Alias is present (it is installed by default) you can run a Mudlet (or indeed any other lua) command in the command line box by starting with the word "lua", e.g.:

Code: Select all

lua centerview(1000)
There is some "right click to edit room details" functionality by default (it acts on the current player room [in the 2D map] - the one with the red highlight - by default, but some of the commands will act on one or more selected rooms; note that the information area at the top of the 2D map turns orange to match the selection colour if one or more rooms are selected) but someone with modest skills could extend the functions with additional Scripts as functions, I think... they will probably want to check out the Mudlet Lua API in the Wiki.

Mariel

Post by Mariel » Sat Sep 22, 2018 11:24 pm

Adael I need you to update your map.

Adael

Post by Adael » Sun Sep 23, 2018 6:58 am

Mariel wrote:Adael I need you to update your map.
See http://forums.wotmud.info/viewtopic.php?f=76&t=6494