Script Wishlist

... A place to ask for help on any topic whether it be starting out to player killing to IT issues.
Alison

Script Wishlist

Post by Alison » Tue May 17, 2016 6:57 am

Hi everyone.

I am currently learning more about cmud, sql and arrays. What tickles my interest is to see what others wished exists as far as scripts goes.

Lets make a list of what kind of zmud, cmud, any program type scripts you would like. There is no boundaries to what you think is viable here.

1. One that has puzzled me is the time one that someone asked about a few weeks back.

2. Artificial intelligence script of mods for mobiles. One is hearing a lot about googles ai these days. Would be nice to have that.

3. Twitter feedback from command line. I managed to open twitter feed from command line, but not post. Any ideas on this will be great.

Let your imaginations flow.

Taziar

Re: Script Wishlist

Post by Taziar » Tue May 17, 2016 9:00 am

Taking the WoTmud imms Twitter feed, placing it in text file... From there I can have a script check the file for new writes every 5 mins or so and then echo any like it was a global to the client. Been wanting to do that for a while but have not figured out the query part.

Alison

Post by Alison » Tue May 17, 2016 12:46 pm

How about setting it up as 2d array and sql query the database as apposed to using notepad. As I understand it using notepad can be used as a script tool but is wonky when it comes to search queries. Per example searching your logs for a specific name or thing.

Taziar

Post by Taziar » Tue May 17, 2016 3:20 pm

Only reason I am thinking text file is because I know how to get zMUD to read a text file and can figure out how to make things work from there. I don't know much outside of zMUD, all my intro programming classes were a couple years ago... But point me in the right direction and give me some time and I can learn just about anything ;)

Tolveor

Post by Tolveor » Tue Jun 14, 2016 5:16 pm

I would like to have a timer on smob repops. I have some ideas on how to do it, and messing around with the alarm function now.

The way i imagine it would work is that a countdown timer will trigger on smob death set to 40 min for example. I doesn't have to be an accurate minute count for the zone repop, just a high probability that the smob have repopped when the timer runs out. Of course, if you run through the zone and check for repop and kill it again, the timer would have to reset. Do this enough times and you get a pretty accurate minute count i should think.

I need to figure out if the alarm function is useable, then i'm off to capture some smob death messages to make triggers from.

Any experience you guys have with those kind of things would be great to hear. I do not care for the examples in the cmud turtorial at all.

Valjean

Post by Valjean » Wed Jun 15, 2016 7:29 pm

You could just make it so that when a specific deathcry from a specific smob happens, then it starts a countdown...
So...

#trigger {A deranged ogier is dead! R.I.P.} {#alarm DOOgier (+500) {#SAY Deranged Ogier most likely has Repopped}

or (more simple)

#trigger {deranged ogier is dead!} {#alarm +500 {#SAY DO POP}

Something like that work, thought it's sorta basic. It requires a trigger for each smob in each zone. But you sorta need that anyways since each zone has a unique pop timer.

Time is in seconds btw. so, 900 would be 15 minutes. 300 would be 5 minutes.

Does that make sense?
Last edited by Valjean on Fri Jun 17, 2016 1:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Paigey

Post by Paigey » Wed Jun 15, 2016 10:56 pm

How hard would it be to make a tick timer for Wintin?

Tolveor

Post by Tolveor » Thu Jun 16, 2016 6:29 am

Thanks Valjean, thats actually exactly what im looking for

Alison

Post by Alison » Sat Jun 18, 2016 1:47 am

Would be great if you posted the pop times so that others can benefit from it as well.

Tolveor

Post by Tolveor » Mon Jun 20, 2016 6:17 pm

Pop times is going to be some time to gather the data i think. and even then i dont think it will be exact. I've gotten the script to do what i wanted though. Now, something to capture #say in a list akin to the commhistory script would be great