Script Wishlist

... A place to ask for help on any topic whether it be starting out to player killing to IT issues.
jasmin

Re: Script Wishlist

Post by jasmin » Tue Jul 19, 2016 2:56 am

I actually think if you are going to have a timer for zone pops you should have it accurate.
Most of the zones I've found in the game pop on specific cycles. (Some.. didn't seem to).
So by all means I would say create the functionality for this to be approximate - but if it can be fine tuned...

I hate trying to do an smob run and getting back to my smob to find in the 20min we've been away someone's already come and killed it.

What I want is a visible tick timer that shows time running out in a bar form, corrects itself (either from zone emotes and combat rounds and tics and regen, or maayyybbe if there is some way for a platform to recognise when commands freeze/lag and account for this).

Was considering paying a developer to try and build it. All of the elements already exist I just don't understand the code.

Scizzor

Post by Scizzor » Tue Jul 19, 2016 1:04 pm

So I went ahead and put into place the trigger for DO. And so far, it's been perfectly accurate. I think it's exactly 50 minutes that it pops. And when those 50 minutes are up, it throws a message on my machine saying that it's popped.

I also put in a little count-down timer, so when I check "smobtimer" it shows me the time left for each smob that I've added. The only exact one I have so far is DO, but there are several others that I'm narrowing in on.

If you have access to a dev team, and they have access to the code, that's great. But short of ripping a smob, sitting in the room till repop, starting timer, then ripping again, and then stopping timer when he pops, i don't know any other way.

Alison

Post by Alison » Tue Jul 19, 2016 2:40 pm

Firimei and i sat kl for 3 hours one day. 2 times at about 46 mins repoped and the third time it took 1 hr 15 mins to repop. There is something that we are missing . Someone else know of a variable that is missing? Clearing all mobs vs not clearing all.

Taziar

Post by Taziar » Tue Jul 19, 2016 4:40 pm

What also needs to be "tested" is if zone pop times are always set to null at reboot... this way a script could take server uptime and calculate next repops automatically. Anyone gathering zone pop times please add to the wiki for all to use :)

Taziar