EQ Trainer Update (v3.6)

... A place to ask for help on any topic whether it be starting out to player killing to IT issues.
Thuvia

EQ Trainer Update (v3.6)

Post by Thuvia » Fri Apr 01, 2016 9:24 pm

Since the original forums went down, I've been keeping track of changes to the Equipment Trainer in a thread in the Help section of the WoTMUD Archives forums.

Updates will continue to be tracked at the Archives, http://www.wotmudarchives.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2377

Greetings,

I present for your use and enjoyment a fully accurate EQ trainer. This is the result of many months of work, but I still consider it an ongoing project and plan to add to it in the future.

The concept and layout follows the standards set previously by Paikah's trainer. Thanks go out to the many people who have helped test out weapons and gear in the years since this started.

Features Fully Supported
  • All Levels supported
  • Human and Trolloc Races, with Trolloc OB-boost
  • Ride OB-boost and DB-malus (disabled for Trolloc characters)
  • OB-boost from weapon Hardening (Honing affects Damage only)
  • Master Postures
  • Worn/carried weight effects on OB, DB, and PB
  • Option to add extra weight in addition to weight of equipment, up to a maximum total weight determined by Str and Con
  • Max wielded weapon weight as a function of Str
  • Armor weave boost
  • Selectable armor kits
  • Selectable trinket kits
  • Item MVs bonuses
  • Status ailment support
  • Support for Sitting, Resting, Sleeping postures
  • MVs regen calculation and display
  • Damage display - weapons/barehanded, honing, strength, Master, Ride (lances/spears), 2h-bonus for 1.5-handed weapons (Thanks Hress!)
In addition, a wide variety of equipment has been tested and implemented. Some items, however, have not yet been tested, and will have a * by them.

Features Partially Supported
  • Abs is still approximate at this time. Efforts are underway to better understand how Abs works.
Features Coming Soon
  • Regen rates for HPs, SPs
  • Rank 8 bonuses
Work is also being done to finish gathering stats on all items marked with a * in the trainer.

Please let me know if any bugs are found. Other questions, comments, and suggestions are always appreciated.

Link: http://www.wotmudarchives.org/tools/etrainer.html

Thank you, and enjoy.

Thuvia
Last edited by Thuvia on Thu Aug 01, 2019 6:10 pm, edited 6 times in total.

Thuvia

Re: EQ Trainer Update (v3.6)

Post by Thuvia » Fri Apr 01, 2016 9:48 pm

Version History
  • v3.6 - Separate selectable kits for Armor and Trinkets, kits updated
  • v3.5 - Added held, back, belt slots for badges (coming soon) and heron scabbards
  • v3.4 - Major eq stats update as a result of 2018 and later changes
  • v3.3 - Added full support for Damage display
  • v3.2 - Added MVs regen display
  • v3.1 - Major weapon stats update as a result of April 6 2016 changes
  • v3.0 - Added support for status ailments, position
  • v2.3 - MVs total from items
  • v2.2 - Encumbrance check
  • v2.1 - Weapon weight vs Str check
  • v2.0 - Most html now generated by js
  • v1.3 - Selectable Equipment sets
  • v1.2 - Code to prevent Humans from selecting 20 or 21 Strength
  • v1.1 - Interface upgrade for added weight
  • v1.0 - Initial public release
Last edited by Thuvia on Thu Aug 01, 2019 6:11 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Eol

Re: EQ Trainer Update (v3.0)

Post by Eol » Sun Apr 03, 2016 3:51 pm

Good stuff. Thanks for your work. Explored that other forum and you've got some gems over there that I had never seen before. The BMI work was very interesting.

Ragyn

Post by Ragyn » Tue Apr 05, 2016 1:05 am

Suggestion, would it be possible to have all the sets come without trinkets and then have another section where you choose parry/dodge/mvs trinkets, like the old equipment trainer?

So you'd choose combo and then you can choose dodge trinkets, instead of now where it automatically forces parry trinkets and you have to change each individual slot.

Thuvia

Post by Thuvia » Tue Apr 05, 2016 1:35 am

I never saw where the old one did that, but it's a good idea. I think someone else may have even suggested it before but I sadly never got around to it.
I'll do dodge, parry, and MVs kits.

=================
While we're on the subject, I've considered adding 2 additional kits, potentially: medium combo (Alamir's gear for example) and defense (the new cloth stuff).

The medium combo is fairly self-explanatory (a bit lower abs, bit higher db/pb). The Defense kit gives a higher overall total defense than either a dodge or parry kit, but doesn't match the respective maxes of either.

=================
I'll get working on the trinket kits first. Thank you again for the suggestion, and please let me know if you have any further thoughts the above topics.

Thuvia

Post by Thuvia » Tue Apr 12, 2016 10:28 pm

Just a quick note here to say that with the new weapons changes, my efforts are currently being devoted to retesting those and updating this.

I plan to update the trainer in batches as I get all affected weapons of a given class retested. After that I'll try to get around to other functional updates as noted in the posts above.

Thuvia

Re: EQ Trainer Update (v3.1)

Post by Thuvia » Sun Apr 17, 2016 4:10 pm

Update (v3.1)

As part of the changes to weapons on April 6 2016, the EQ Trainer has been updated to show the new stats on a number of weapons. Special thanks to Elyse, Kerryk, Taziar, Amarie, and Eol for help in testing.

For items changes, please see the following thread: http://www.wotmudarchives.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2377&start=20#p2620

Also, as mentioned in the linked thread above, a couple weapons have not yet been tested:

a gleaming black longsword
a gleaming blacksword

Please let me know of any errors, bugs, or omissions.
Last edited by Thuvia on Sun May 22, 2016 8:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

arkaza

Post by arkaza » Mon Apr 18, 2016 3:54 pm

A metal banded cudgel

Weight = 14
Ob +71 w 18 str 99%pract
Pb +12 w 18 str 99%pract

Thuvia

Post by Thuvia » Mon Apr 18, 2016 5:35 pm

Arkaza,

Thank you in advance for helping. I'll need a bit more than that, however. If you could please review the instructions on the testing thread, it should outline all the information I need for this.

Thank you for helping!

Thuvia

Post by Thuvia » Sun May 22, 2016 8:39 am

Added stats for:
a metal banded cudgel
-courtesy of Mantorok

Updated stats for:
a s'redit prod
-courtesy of Chavaon

Also added:
a double axe with a long black haft
a simple longsword with a leather-wrapped hilt (untested)
Blight Killer (untested)