Zmud lagging out

... A place to ask for help on any topic whether it be starting out to player killing to IT issues.
Mantorok

Zmud lagging out

Post by Mantorok » Thu Mar 10, 2016 6:00 pm

I've noticed this lately that Zmud will sometimes hit a lag spike of its own, and not based around my personal net connection. The screen freezes like it would during a normal MUD lag spike, but it's only on my end. I can close the window and look at options etc just fine, and if I close it and reopen the program it connects just fine. Anyone had similar issues and know fixes?

Racquel

Re: Zmud lagging out

Post by Racquel » Thu Mar 10, 2016 6:34 pm

I've had similar issues before as well. Happens infrequently, but it's annoying when it does. No idea why though.

Mantorok

Post by Mantorok » Thu Mar 10, 2016 6:45 pm

So far it's only happened when I am doing unimportant stuff, but if it got me killed in PK I'd be rather annoyed. :P

Mantorok

Post by Mantorok » Sun Mar 20, 2016 3:26 am

ANYONE able to come up with a solution? It just legit got me killed in pk, so it got upgraded from a minor annoyance to a genuine problem. Been doing it a few times today, only way to fix it is to close the program and reconnect.

Mirosla

Post by Mirosla » Sun Mar 20, 2016 7:55 am

I mobripped a few times in one day due to the zmudlag so I've been treading carefully. Unfortunately doing so is also slowly brainwashing me to not play it low (pk or even exping) across my alts. Sadness! I've thought about disabling scripts then slowly enabling them over time if the problem goes away. Though I've used them all for years, maybe one is the culprit?

Mantorok

Post by Mantorok » Sun Mar 20, 2016 2:25 pm

I am gonna do a reinstall of it today to see if that fixes it.

Alison

Post by Alison » Mon Mar 21, 2016 2:06 am

Hey guys.

Its not the base programs that is lagging zmud. One of your triggers or variables is interfereing with the normal operation of the program
I suggest you try it without all your triggers, just a normal session. Play like that for a bit. if you hit a spike like you are takling, then your
base program is faulty. But in my experience, it is the variables, triggers that snag it. Remember that one small variable is like a bug
that can interfere with it.

Also alway remember to run zmud with admin rights.

Mantorok

Post by Mantorok » Mon Mar 21, 2016 7:37 pm

I set it to always run as admin, so we'll see if that helps.