warding vs evil

... A place to ask for help on any topic whether it be starting out to player killing to IT issues.
briana

warding vs evil

Post by briana » Tue Feb 09, 2016 2:48 pm

what exactly does it do? if anything? does it have some secret use or have we just not discovered it? I think it'd be cool if it made ds mobs less likely to aggro. That'd be super cool.

ardwyn

Re: warding vs evil

Post by ardwyn » Tue Feb 09, 2016 5:43 pm

As far as I know it removes the appearance of being cross-race. So color and *'s don't show up.

Amarie

Post by Amarie » Tue Feb 09, 2016 6:03 pm

It makes DS mobs less likely to aggro. My testing was limited, not enough to really determine any kind of accurate percentage but from what I remember it seemed to be possibly about a 40-50% chance of them not aggroing. I don't believe I tested whether it affects all mobs of the shadow, including things like darkhounds, so I am unsure if it works on anything other than trolloc mobs.

Basically mobs will glare at you when they would usually attack. The same mob can glare again multiple times in a row without you leaving room. My highest achieved was 3 in a row, which is half a tic.

Memory messes with it with particular mob types. The ones that remember you and say 'You, soandso! You will die before your time!' will not be affected by the weave once they have attacked you once.

It has no effect on assisting, so the more mobs there are, the less useful it is. For example, if there are 3 mobs in room and 1st one attacks, other 2 will auto assist without the weave getting a chance to work on them. If the 1st 1 or 2 glare and those below attack, the ones that glared will assist next round. This also means that it is not useful for hitting players at mobs, as the mobs will still assist the player regardless of your WvE status.

As I said, my testing was limited, and done mostly out of curiosity, so that is about all the info I have on it. There may be other effects involving appearance to crossrace, but I wasn't exactly about to walk up to a fade and ask them how I looked! :D

Divina

Post by Divina » Wed Feb 10, 2016 1:30 am

ardwyn wrote:As far as I know it removes the appearance of being cross-race. So color and *'s don't show up.
Umm yeah, No.

There are other uses though I doubt anyone practices it but me.

ardwyn

Post by ardwyn » Wed Feb 10, 2016 5:16 am

Divina wrote:
Umm yeah, No.

Well then, my memory fails me again! Havn't used it in 10 years so not really a surprise..

Taziar

Post by Taziar » Wed Feb 10, 2016 2:13 pm

Divina wrote:
ardwyn wrote:As far as I know it removes the appearance of being cross-race. So color and *'s don't show up.
Umm yeah, No.

So very FOFY of you... old school, I can dig.

Eol

Post by Eol » Thu Feb 11, 2016 11:38 pm

Terha uses it - makes me wonder what my I'm missing :)

Alison

Post by Alison » Fri Feb 12, 2016 12:24 am

Combined with warding vs damage it makes a pretty two colored aura around you...

You know if you want to hippy vibe yourself while people stare at you for 3 ticks..

Then your aura fades and you feel normal again man (hippy voice.)

In all honesty. It is not good for pk as most times ds will know that *Ali* and Ali is most likely the same person that is going to throw a fireball at their faces. I agree with amarie though. The gain in mobs not seeing you is neglible at most and really not worth the sps spend on it.

But now that Divina sedai has hinted at another use...must test that other use...

Mantorok

Post by Mantorok » Fri Feb 12, 2016 7:37 pm

I always heard it kept shadoweyes from following you. Harumph! Weave wiki just says enemies though.

Amarie

Post by Amarie » Fri Feb 19, 2016 1:28 am

Mantorok wrote:I always heard it kept shadoweyes from following you. Harumph! Weave wiki just says enemies though.
Shadoweyes still follow you when you have warding vs evil on.