The WoTMud Wiki Homeland guide

... A place to ask for help on any topic whether it be starting out to player killing to IT issues.
Mantorok

The WoTMud Wiki Homeland guide

Post by Mantorok » Tue Feb 09, 2016 12:43 am

http://wotmud.wikia.com/wiki/Homeland

I thought it'd be good to have that link up there handy for any new players or people looking to make a specific type of character. But...

Can we work together to improve this? As in, any homelands that seem to roll str/con or specific to higher dex etc?

It has a bit of info, but mostly just the stat caps, not necessarily what rolls what stats more often. And some of the homelands are blank. Thuvia does a lot of work, but I would never ask one person to gather that much stat data alone. :P

Taziar

Re: The WoTMud Wiki Homeland guide

Post by Taziar » Tue Feb 09, 2016 2:43 pm

Are you thinking something along the lines of Janers old stat database?
What do we need to do to gather this info, process it, and then make it available?

Mantorok

Post by Mantorok » Tue Feb 09, 2016 2:53 pm

I was talking with Thuvia about it a little today. For the trolloc stocks, we have a basic rundown of what to expect along with the stat caps. We need that data for the LS/SS homelands. What I mean is how Two Rivers seems to have a bonus to str/con, or Wolf trolloc gives you the higher dex more often, etc. That and some of the homelands are blank on the wiki. I've been trying to add em a bit, but I just don't have enough data to say the caps I am seeing are certain.

A lot of the databases people linked me to when I have been asking for the old data has only a handful of homelands, and usually being the more commonly used ones like Borderlands, etc.

Taziar

Post by Taziar » Tue Feb 09, 2016 4:00 pm

Are there scripts already for the different clients to easily record stat results? If we standerize the output across clients and make it easy for people to upload it somewhere...

I volunteer to help if you want to head up the project Manty.

Mantorok

Post by Mantorok » Tue Feb 09, 2016 4:06 pm

Thuvia might have one, if nobody else has the script already. I've been keeping track with word files.

ardwyn

Post by ardwyn » Tue Feb 09, 2016 5:25 pm

There is a stat-pool available here: http://rascul.github.io/wotmad-stats/

No client script for upload available there though. It also has some incorrect uploads in there..

Mantorok

Post by Mantorok » Tue Feb 09, 2016 5:27 pm

That's what I mean, the only ones with lots of stats are the ones people already use all the time like the Borderlands etc.

ardwyn

Post by ardwyn » Tue Feb 09, 2016 5:42 pm

Agreed, figured you knew about that one. Just wanted to put it out there that there's no need to create an entirely new database...

I'd be happy to stat some of the lesser known variations to help out with the general knowledge.

Mantorok

Post by Mantorok » Tue Feb 09, 2016 6:10 pm

I was going through specifically and getting some numbers for the blank spots on the homeland wiki page, and found out Amadicia was giving me playable warriors as often as Two Rivers.

Tear is still mostly junk though.

Edakim

Post by Edakim » Tue Feb 09, 2016 9:13 pm

I would be happy to help stat hundreds/thousands of characters from crappy and/or rarely used homelands if that is helpful to anyone.

Just point me at a stat database, auto-reporting scripts that work, and a list of things we want to learn about!