Looking for Mudlet scripts

... A place to ask for help on any topic whether it be starting out to player killing to IT issues.
Etain

Looking for Mudlet scripts

Post by Etain » Fri Feb 05, 2016 10:43 pm

Does anyone know where to find, or would anyone be willing to make, an accurate tick timer and a targeting script for Mudlet? I find myself in need of both, as my reaction times are too slow for simply typing out what I need to do. I've looked, and I did find Saal's targeting script, but I'm not entire clear on how it works, and I can't find a tick timer at all.

Thanks in advance!

Edit: Forgot to say that I need a tick timer that measures half-ticks as well.

GroderickMashin

Re: Looking for Mudlet scripts

Post by GroderickMashin » Sat Feb 06, 2016 8:51 am

I never made a tick timer and as far as I am concerned I was the only one that bothered to do some mudlet scripts (including the unpolished mapper).

Jomin

Post by Jomin » Sat Feb 06, 2016 1:31 pm

I an starting to get around to thinking about possibly logging in soon - still some stuff on the Mudlet 3.0.0 release needed but I'm getting itchy fingers to start to actually use what I and others are coding... probably going to stat a new player and build a missing map for the Newbie area.

I finally got a set of triggers together that can capture the Room Name/Description/Exits and use the hashed Description to start to work out where I am in real-time given being in a known room but it is still in the prototype stage. I think I will need to develop a system to export and import partial maps so that they can be combined - possibly on a per area basis - but it will need a good amount of thinking and fiddling about under the hood... :geek:

Etain

Post by Etain » Sat Feb 06, 2016 7:06 pm

My apologies, Groderick. Saal's website does in fact credit you as the author of the targeting script.