cMUD/zMUD License Issue

... A place to ask for help on any topic whether it be starting out to player killing to IT issues.
deimos

cMUD/zMUD License Issue

Post by deimos » Sun Jul 03, 2022 9:10 pm

So, got a new laptop and trying to play again. Downloaded both zMUD and cMUD throughout all this but it seems that my "license is invalid." I copied the license from my most recent email from zuggsoft (which was 2018) but it's not accepting it and so far no answer from zuggsoft.

Anyone know if there is even any support from zugg anymore? Know how I can restore my license?

Barring that.... I'm gonna need a client... map, aliases, triggers, ya know... the thing...

TIA for any help :)

byrg

Re: cMUD/zMUD License Issue

Post by byrg » Sun Jul 03, 2022 9:23 pm

Did you buy zmud/cmud from them? If so you can just login to their store and request a new key.

Sarinda

Post by Sarinda » Sun Jul 03, 2022 10:09 pm

deimos wrote:
Sun Jul 03, 2022 9:10 pm
So, got a new laptop and trying to play again. Downloaded both zMUD and cMUD throughout all this but it seems that my "license is invalid." I copied the license from my most recent email from zuggsoft (which was 2018) but it's not accepting it and so far no answer from zuggsoft.

Anyone know if there is even any support from zugg anymore? Know how I can restore my license?

Barring that.... I'm gonna need a client... map, aliases, triggers, ya know... the thing...

TIA for any help :)
If you can't get CMUD/zMUD to work for you, you could take the plunge and switch over to Mudlet like so many others. It took a lot of up front work for me to port everything over, but I am so glad I did and the new client works amazingly, especially the map with Adael's WoTMUD scripts.

deimos

Post by deimos » Sun Jul 03, 2022 10:10 pm

byrg wrote:
Sun Jul 03, 2022 9:23 pm
Did you buy zmud/cmud from them? If so you can just login to their store and request a new key.
I've bought zmud like 7 times total over the years. I suppose I'm probably missing something... I'll keep working on figuring out what's going on... I'll chalk it up to being rusty for now :)

byrg

Post by byrg » Sun Jul 03, 2022 11:24 pm

deimos wrote:
Sun Jul 03, 2022 10:10 pm
byrg wrote:
Sun Jul 03, 2022 9:23 pm
I've bought zmud like 7 times total over the years. I suppose I'm probably missing something... I'll keep working on figuring out what's going on... I'll chalk it up to being rusty for now :)
Should be able to login to their store at https://www.zuggsoft.com/store/home.php, then click on order history, and retrieve license key for your most recent order - that's always worked for me through... probably dozens of reinstalls at this point.

Prykor

Post by Prykor » Mon Jul 04, 2022 1:27 am

I'd also recommend giving Mudlet a chance, and the folks on the discord are quite helpful with resolving anything that you may run into.

deimos

Post by deimos » Sat Jul 16, 2022 11:52 am

Sarinda wrote:
Sun Jul 03, 2022 10:09 pm
If you can't get CMUD/zMUD to work for you, you could take the plunge and switch over to Mudlet like so many others. It took a lot of up front work for me to port everything over, but I am so glad I did and the new client works amazingly, especially the map with Adael's WoTMUD scripts.
Thanks, I most likely will check into it.. resistant to change, and such lol...

deimos

Post by deimos » Thu Sep 15, 2022 6:14 am

byrg wrote:
Sun Jul 03, 2022 11:24 pm
Should be able to login to their store at https://www.zuggsoft.com/store/home.php, then click on order history, and retrieve license key for your most recent order - that's always worked for me through... probably dozens of reinstalls at this point.
Yeah, I'm a bit behind... I can log into the Zugg store just fine, but when I click the link in my orders history, it says "An e-mail has been sent with your license key." But, no e-mail comes.

I've contacted support 3 times over the last like 6 months with no answer, so it kinda feels like Zugg has just gone under.

I've downloaded Mudlet and gonna give it a shot, may hit some of ya up for help but it does look very versatile... will just be a matter of adjusting to a new client.

Hagbard

Post by Hagbard » Tue Apr 04, 2023 10:10 am

I had the same problem.

I found that if I visited the Zuggsoft store and accessed my licence key through their account system that it was accepted.

I think that there are some extraneous non-visible characters that end up in the code copied from email somehow.

So copy and paste the code from the website, not from the email.

This worked for me. YMMV.

faul

Post by faul » Thu Apr 06, 2023 10:36 am

deimos wrote:
Thu Sep 15, 2022 6:14 am
byrg wrote:
Sun Jul 03, 2022 11:24 pm
Yeah, I'm a bit behind... I can log into the Zugg store just fine, but when I click the link in my orders history, it says "An e-mail has been sent with your license key." But, no e-mail comes.

I've contacted support 3 times over the last like 6 months with no answer, so it kinda feels like Zugg has just gone under.

I've downloaded Mudlet and gonna give it a shot, may hit some of ya up for help but it does look very versatile... will just be a matter of adjusting to a new client.
Are you using gmail? They were apparently having some sort of issue with that. I emailed support with my purchase details I pulled from logging into the store (from 15 years ago lol) and was provided with a key within like 2 hours. If you email support again, try CCing zuggsoft AT gmail.com as well, that is where the response (and my working key) came from.

I did ask them if there was any plans on either making ZMUD not require registration or if there was something they could do for a more permanent solution -- just not interested in changing clients after like 20 years of ZMUD.