Weave Fail Script for Zmud

... A place to ask for help on any topic whether it be starting out to player killing to IT issues.
Taziar

Weave Fail Script for Zmud

Post by Taziar » Wed Jan 20, 2016 12:19 pm

Im working on a weave fail script similar to clumsy log for stabs, bashes, and charges where it keeps the percentage of fails and successes. Question I have is what weaves do people think should be included in this? I could try and write it for every weave but figure that only the major combat related ones would be interesting to keep record of.

Here is a list of the ones I am planning to have:
blind
call lightning
chill
contagion
earthquake
fear
fireball
flame strike
hammer of air
hurricane
ice spikes

Any others need to be added to this list?

Edit: Removed poison and slow...
Last edited by Taziar on Sat Jan 23, 2016 3:45 am, edited 2 times in total.

Jiera

Re: Weave Fail Script for Zmud

Post by Jiera » Wed Jan 20, 2016 4:37 pm

As for weaves, I have no idea what would be interesting to most people. For me, I think I'd be most interested in stats for how often the HoA bash procs and if/how that proc is affected by how well one knows the weave. Maybe once I complete Tower Accepted requirements, I'll conduct a new study. :D (Assuming Thuvia hasn't already.)

Thuvia

Post by Thuvia » Wed Jan 20, 2016 7:11 pm

Varina and I did a study of this way back, testing for weather effects as well. I'll see if I still have my notes. It was never finished but remains an interesting case.

Taziar

Post by Taziar » Wed Jan 20, 2016 7:54 pm

The original idea I had is more for personal entertainment than testing. I just like seeing how many bashes/stabs/charges I have failed over time so I wanted to do the same for some weaves. Thinking I will have "Ouch, you couldn't maintain the flows!" message count the same as the "You lose control of *" for fail rates. Was just wondering if anyone had any thoughts on weaves to include.

Good idea to keep track of how often HoA bashes over time as well.

Taziar Medakan

Taziar

Post by Taziar » Mon Jan 25, 2016 4:11 am

Script is posted in House of Medakan thread under Zmud section @ wotmudarchives.org forums.
UPDATED

Any and all feed back on this or any other script I post is greatly appreciated.

:)

Taziar Medakan