Restarting a clanned Novice.

... A place to ask for help on any topic whether it be starting out to player killing to IT issues.
Xorzir

Restarting a clanned Novice.

Post by Xorzir » Thu Feb 10, 2022 7:56 pm

Hello there!

I'm looking for suggestions about restarting on a Novice that has been clanned for a long time and I have no clue how to reboot her.

Basically, I had a melt down and quit everything for quite some time and have decided to come back and embrace a character I gave up on. If anyone has any hints or suggestions as to how to reintegrate into the White Tower I'm really lost for answers. Any RP suggestions as to how to explain my absence, learning the layout of the Tower again, things like that.

Thanks,
X

Aloisa

Re: Restarting a clanned Novice.

Post by Aloisa » Thu Feb 10, 2022 8:10 pm

Your absence is fine and won't be commented on. Lots of people take lots of breaks.

Tower has a new layout, it's essentially a spiral staircase with spokes off of it. Can take some getting used to but once you know it it's very easy.

Novices still get quests from Sheriam. If you have quest points, you can mail the immortals and ask for an audit so you know which quests you have done. You can also do chores for quest points (randomly awarded), the two chores available are washing dishes and shelving books in the library.

Novices can now defend themselves if attacked, and can also leave Tar Valon in the company of an Aes Sedai. For skilled and experienced players, the expectation is that you will advance to Accepted rather quickly. I'd do the novice quests and try out the pranks to have some fun and enjoy the process a bit, but no one expects you to be a novice for months and months.

In terms of integrating, best bet is to talk to other initiates. There are active novices now and many Accepted. Try to make friends and do stuff together, it makes it a lot of fun to have other people going through the process with you.

Sarinda

Re: Restarting a clanned Novice.

Post by Sarinda » Thu Feb 10, 2022 8:24 pm

I just returned last month after a very, very extensive break (gone since about 2013) and I have had an incredibly fun time as an Accepted. I attribute a great deal of this to the vibrant, collaborative, and fun community among the novices and Accepted. Contact me or any of the other novices or Accepted in game and one of us can invite you to a Discord channel. I think you'll have a great time. :)