Seanchan and Warranting

... A place to ask for help on any topic whether it be starting out to player killing to IT issues.
Tagfih

Seanchan and Warranting

Post by Tagfih » Tue Jan 11, 2022 6:18 pm

Hi!

I was on last week or so planning practices out in CCS, not attacking anyone or anything when a Seanchan Lord began narrating about warrants for those online who did not come to swear oaths by a certain time. After practicing and checking stats, I noticed that I had a Seanchan Empire warrant. I thought warrants were only for direct attacks on Seanchan or for things that happened within the borders of the Seanchan Empire based on the Warranting guidelines on this forum.

I know that LS and SS will skirmish and such anyway if they encounter each other but is issuing a warrant under the circumstances above within game rules?

Just looking for clarification not trying to throw anyone under the bus!

Siro

Re: Seanchan and Warranting

Post by Siro » Tue Jan 11, 2022 8:39 pm

Without making any sort of policy decision, this one will probably be looked into. Thanks.

sevas

Post by sevas » Wed Jan 12, 2022 7:39 am

I dunno, I had a SS alt as soon as I hit level 10, I was warranted by every LS clan even though it had never been off of Seandar. Don't see much difference except for sides. Just sayin...

Kitiara

Post by Kitiara » Wed Jan 12, 2022 2:35 pm

I was under the impression that Seanchan, like Tower and *oL, had RP reasons for blanket warrants.

Taziar

Post by Taziar » Wed Jan 12, 2022 3:48 pm

Kitiara wrote:
Wed Jan 12, 2022 2:35 pm
I was under the impression that Seanchan, like Tower and *oL, had RP reasons for blanket warrants.
Makes sense for clans that oppose the Return, but unclanned it does not make any sense to me...

Joachim

Post by Joachim » Wed Jan 12, 2022 4:19 pm

My theory when I was active was the following;

Seanchan are an invading military force. Therefore, receiving blanket warrants on Seanchan and Clanned Seanchan was expected.

Lightside are a peaceful peoples trying to live life as best they can in the dark times they live in. Therefore, blanket warranting Justice Clanned humans was ok as they were part of a military opposing force.

Non-Justice Clanned humans (Forresters, Wisdoms, Gleeman, Illuminators, ect) and Unclanned humans should all be given the chance to swear the oaths IN PERSON. Not via Globals or yells. I liked to think that if I couldn't SEE the other character then there's no reasonable way of me offering them the chance to join the Ever Victorious Army and to serve the Empress, may she live forever.

IF someone attacked me prior to being offered the chance to join the Empire, they were warranted. However, I would give all non-aggressive persons the chance to Accept or Refuse to join in person, in the same room as them before attacking.

The goal of playing a Seanchan wasn't to annoy or ruin other peoples days with random warrants or be attacked out of the shadows but rather to present a strong front and offer to spare and save lives... or cut off their heads if they refused.

Aureus

Post by Aureus » Wed Jan 12, 2022 4:40 pm

We had a pretty robust staff discussion on the topic of blanket warrants and this is where we netted out: viewtopic.php?f=3&p=135179#p135179

It is an update to the prior rules to try to encourage a little more individual RP/interaction between players before warrants get issued. We feel like this helps the world to feel a little more vibrant and Wheel of Time-ish, while not getting away from the core action and danger of the game.

Kitiara

Post by Kitiara » Wed Jan 12, 2022 4:46 pm

I assume this is a going forward situation?

Aureus

Post by Aureus » Wed Jan 12, 2022 4:54 pm

Yes, we're not going to revisit the many blanket warrants already issued (e.g., Tower vs Dragonsworn, CoL vs Tower, etc.). People acted within the rules at the time. I might revisit some of this last batch that were issued over narrs but that's as far as we want to look retroactively.

Edit: Also, keep in mind we aren't trying to reduce the number of warrants issued or give people a way to avoid them entirely. We just want a little RP/interaction around them.