Color coding items for easy looting - Mudlet package

... A place to ask for help on any topic whether it be starting out to player killing to IT issues.
Galowyn

Color coding items for easy looting - Mudlet package

Post by Galowyn » Thu Dec 09, 2021 1:30 am

I posted this in discord yesterday but realized there are probably a lot of people that don't use discord, new players especially.

This isn't going to be something that is very useful to the vast majority of people here I suspect. You all mostly know what items are useful / worth keeping. But for myself this is something I'm still learning, so to help with that I made a bunch of triggers to color code the rough value and type of certain items. Not everything is added into this, for example the "junk" items I have not bothered to include. Generally this is intended to only highlight things you may actually be interested in.

Veteran players probably would not be interested in anything that highlights blue or green, but I still included these as they can be useful for new players or when at a low level. These will only function for Mudlet but can be easily added using the package manager tool, if you are already using Adael's pack (which I would recommend you do) you will have already done this in the past.

If you would like to try this out or see some screenshots as an example simply head to https://github.com/OsirisWarp/WotMUD. I have provided a basic run down and some examples. Simply download the Item_Quality.mpackage file and add into Mudlet using the package manager.

This is most likely something that you will eventually disable or remove once you know what items you care about / want to focus on getting. But hopefully in the meantime this can help filter though the noise a little when smobing or looking in barrels. If you have any questions or suggestions on things to add or remove please let me know :D