Optimized Practice Weave Trainer?

The place with help files for new players, weapon and equipment stats and other pertinent information for players of all levels and experience.
Adael

Re: Optimized Practice Weave Trainer?

Post by Adael » Mon Dec 13, 2021 6:08 pm

Your desired spell setups may take 2 more spell pracs with 18 int, but the 18 int may help you out with, say, rogue pracs and hunter pracs more. Definitely have to consider it within the context of other mud applications.

Adael

Post by Adael » Mon Dec 13, 2021 6:11 pm

averi wrote:
Mon Dec 13, 2021 6:05 pm
Kitiara wrote:
Mon Dec 13, 2021 5:59 pm
So... this is actionable in that... when I rank 8 I was planning to up my int to 18... but based on this... I am actually hurting myself weave wise?

This feels wrong, but if its how it works...I guess I am really glad this new trainer exists.
it's very subjective based on the weaves you practice and at what %s etc. Ranking up will not always be a negative obviously, just in this particular circumstance it played out that way, just a bit. I will admit it does seem a bit odd.
The ranking is actually a boost for sure (saves 1 prac), it's the int bump she's considering that would be (funnily enough) detrimental.

Kitiara

Post by Kitiara » Mon Dec 13, 2021 6:16 pm

Adael wrote:
Mon Dec 13, 2021 6:11 pm
averi wrote:
Kitiara wrote:
Mon Dec 13, 2021 5:59 pm
So... this is actionable in that... when I rank 8 I was planning to up my int to 18... but based on this... I am actually hurting myself weave wise?

This feels wrong, but if its how it works...I guess I am really glad this new trainer exists.
it's very subjective based on the weaves you practice and at what %s etc. Ranking up will not always be a negative obviously, just in this particular circumstance it played out that way, just a bit. I will admit it does seem a bit odd.
The ranking is actually a boost for sure (saves 1 prac), it's the int bump she's considering that would be (funnily enough) detrimental.
Exactly, the plan was when I rank to 8 I would increase my INT from 17 -> 18... but I am now seriously debating boosting STR from 15 -> 16.

Anyway, glad I was playing around to figure this out... great tool Averi! (also im not ranking anytime soon, so not like this is an immediate thing, I was just bored while working and started poking around)

averi

Post by averi » Mon Dec 13, 2021 6:24 pm

Kitiara wrote:
Mon Dec 13, 2021 6:16 pm
Adael wrote:
Mon Dec 13, 2021 6:11 pm
averi wrote:

Exactly, the plan was when I rank to 8 I would increase my INT from 17 -> 18... but I am now seriously debating boosting STR from 15 -> 16.

Anyway, glad I was playing around to figure this out... great tool Averi! (also im not ranking anytime soon, so not like this is an immediate thing, I was just bored while working and started poking around)
That's good insight. Figure out what weave build you plan to use most, and if the extra INT is not helpful in that build, then I would not do it either. Go for the strength. EDIT: also take into consideration what adael mentioned regarding hunter / rogue pracs too, just in case. I'm not as familiar with that stuff.

jafra

Post by jafra » Sun Jan 02, 2022 12:19 pm

Updated UI a bit. Improved underlying algorithm efficiency and fixed a couple bugs that could happen on rare occasion.

verne

Post by verne » Mon Jan 31, 2022 10:36 pm

this looks awesome, do you still have to type out each command in that order? or is there a spot you can paste the full list somewhere to have it send all the commands to actually prac it?

Asandra

Post by Asandra » Tue Feb 01, 2022 6:15 am

:o
Rank bonuses have been removed, and the White Tower is effectively blocked from this tool. This change was made because of the White Tower's unjust policies and aggressions towards the Dragonsworn.
The tool should still work fine for other clans who do not receive a weave practice rank bonus.
That's... disappointing.

jafra

Post by jafra » Tue Feb 01, 2022 9:26 am

@ Verne the idea is to copy the commands from the tool and paste them into your mud client. I'm using Mudlet and it lets me paste the entire blob in one go. It would be very tedious to have to type it out manually but could be done. The order of the practices is very important, so I recommend the copy/paste method so no mistakes are made.

Warning: Since the rank bonuses have been removed it means that the tool will provide incorrect calculations (and probably very unoptimized practices) if a White Tower clan member tries to use it.

@Asandra I know! But I could not in good conscious provide a tool to strengthen the Aes Sedai with their current oppressive policies. I may reconsider my stance if ever there is "significant further progress" in how the White Tower treats innocent, valiant men who fight for the light. In general I like your lot, but your laws are unjust and flawed.

Fyra

Post by Fyra » Tue Feb 01, 2022 11:18 am

This is an OOC general tool to be used by PLAYERS of the game, not necessarily characters of the game. Using IC dislike for a clan's policies to change an OOC tool used by players all just RPing their clans policies just to screw them over seems a bit lame to me, to be honest.

Alexis

Post by Alexis » Tue Feb 01, 2022 12:04 pm

Fyra wrote:
Tue Feb 01, 2022 11:18 am
This is an OOC general tool to be used by PLAYERS of the game, not necessarily characters of the game. Using IC dislike for a clan's policies to change an OOC tool used by players all just RPing their clans policies just to screw them over seems a bit lame to me, to be honest.
This is about how I feel about it too.

It’s still a great tool with an excellent premise and functionality, so thanks for making it and sharing. Using it for my MC alt and it’s slick. I’m mature enough to not sweat it when drama comes up with my games. But if you wanted conflict and to seek avenues for RP in response to perceived aggressions, let’s meet in game and get our politicking on. Otherwise it’s just meh. Sedai have gotten along just fine without 5-6 extra practices.