Walled at level 40.

... A place to ask for help on any topic whether it be starting out to player killing to IT issues.
verne

Re: Walled at level 40.

Post by verne » Thu Nov 11, 2021 3:36 pm

Orlin wrote:
Thu Nov 11, 2021 11:02 am

What I wonder if I should put one or 2 prac into: Swim, Search

47-57% is usually a solid number for average stuff if you arent doing a ton of smobbing or exploring, but i would always get more 2 just for basic stuff.

swim is not even worth getting 1 prac, most people after their first experience typing "put all pack" or "drop all" while holding a canoe will die like one time out of 500 hours of gameplay after that. If you do this more then just carry more than one, or use rafts.
Orlin wrote:
Thu Nov 11, 2021 11:02 am

I wouldn't say get anything to 99%. Stop where the prac trainer starts giving you 1% on a skill.

Then go out and play. See what happens. If you get into many fights, you can decide what is working and not and maybe your weapon isn't hitting EVERY time so you go to 99%.
weapon, bash, and if you are playing full dodge then also dodge are the ones you might actually want to get to 99% but when starting out it is likely more important to play with all the different pracs and prioritize figuring out what search/ride/track/pick/dodge/survival you like, and once you have everything put in that you are trying to test then dump the rest into weapon or bash. Once you figure out what you like to sacrifice to get that 99% then go for that

Detritus

Re: Walled at level 40.

Post by Detritus » Sun Nov 28, 2021 2:31 am

Aloisa wrote:
Thu Nov 11, 2021 11:52 am
On an LS warrior or hunter you should just get lvl 7 survival/ride, 89 notice, 99 weapon/bash, 92 track for fast named track (I get this on pretty much all LS alts, others will disagree). Anything after this (shield parry, dodge, search, pick, etc.) depends on your build/goals. I always get a minimum of around 57 search though
As Verne said, cookie cutter people will disagree, i completely disagree with this one apart from the 57ish search.

85% track gives named track.
Every single person in the game should have a couple pracs track.
Level 6(84%) ride for mounted combat abilities.

98 notice will give you 200% more quality of life than 98(level 7) survival or ride.

Level 6 survival reduces moves consumption per room from everything but mountains/blight to 2.
Trollocs prac zero survival(carry food) or level 1(butcher animal) only, they want to get thirsty as often as possible to drink human blood on demand.( i facepalm every time i see a log of trolloc pulling out a skin and drinking 3 times)

Combo pracs dodge to 91/92 for defence while unbashed.
Dodge pracs dodge to 99 and wears full dodge kit to avoid getting bashed.

XP scalps are 10% of a level per scalp, but they're also pretty high return mobs to kill as well. There's some you will learn are super efficient and easy to do whenever you go past.
Muscular men on toman head are 10 mobs(1 full level) of pretty easy mobs but they're in a dismounted door.
2 ogier in caralain are super easy for their return.
Most of the other 35+ scalp mobs are better with a partner unless you're stabbing and they will hit through fairly high defence unless they're blinded. (things that hit through high defence are better to fight as abs)