Crafting and Guilding

... A place to ask for help on any topic whether it be starting out to player killing to IT issues.
Orlin

Crafting and Guilding

Post by Orlin » Wed Nov 03, 2021 9:08 am

When I started out here, I read a lot on the forums and the wiki about crafting and guilding. I know this game is more about pk than anything, but I also know that learning one's way around generally helps survival rates so my game strategy was to wear high end, highly available stuff. Or, IOTW, to wear the best my character could buy in a shop and then join guilds and upgrade items until i eventually would be able to craft swords, armor, chainmail etc. for myself. Nothing requiring craft tokens just better than the shops usually have. Thanks to the generosity of others, I have gotten some much higher quality stuff and have appreciated it. Eventually though, I know I will donate it to someone else :)

I figured by joining guilds and finding items my map knowledge would be improved, and it has. It has been a lot of fun learning the basic crafts then making weapons etc.

However, the item I craft, when there are more than one available, appears to be random. I asked in game and on discord, and the responses were that it is random, but I wanted to ask one more question and put it in the forums so others might fill me in on other nuances.

Is it truly random, or is it weighted? For example, the chainmail choices are:

a chain coif
a light hauberk of oiled chainmail
a tunic of finely-crafted chain
a pair of oiled chainmail sleeves
a pair of riveted chainmail sleeves
a set of oiled chainmail leggings
a set of riveted chainmail leggings

is it a 1/7 chance I will get riveted sleeves or is it weighted somehow so that it is more likely I get a coif than anything else for example?

At 17 crown an item, a pauper needs to know? :)

Elysia

Re: Crafting and Guilding

Post by Elysia » Wed Nov 03, 2021 2:32 pm

There are two versions of these, one in Far Madding I have the mobol of, so I looked that up offline:

For the abs one:
2/7th chance of shining breastplate
1/7th chance of full metal helmet and visor, thick metal boots, heavy gauntlets, ebony steel vambraces, ebony steel greaves.

For the combo one:
1/5th chance of tunic of finely crafted chain, riveted sleeves, riveted leggings,a pair of leather gauntlets covered by chainmail, and a light hauberk of chainmail.

Asandra

Post by Asandra » Wed Nov 03, 2021 5:19 pm

Another option, but a bit more costly, is the Lugard Bazaar.

You can only buy things other players have put in, but I think the riveted chainmail is often (maybe always) in stock.
Here you pay more, but you get exactly what you want - if it is in stock.

Ylsa

Post by Ylsa » Tue Nov 16, 2021 4:00 pm

Yes, it may seem pricier, but you get the comfort of getting what you want and fast, so that you can return to battle or anything faster.

The solution to "if it is in stock" is very easy. Most equipment pieces are more than sufficiently in stock. But if you plan to buy something more, tell us! Tell us there is demand, and the Kandori Merchant's Guild will be excited to supply! :-)

Aloisa

Post by Aloisa » Tue Nov 16, 2021 5:17 pm

Ylsa wrote:
Tue Nov 16, 2021 4:00 pm
Yes, it may seem pricier, but you get the comfort of getting what you want and fast, so that you can return to battle or anything faster.

The solution to "if it is in stock" is very easy. Most equipment pieces are more than sufficiently in stock. But if you plan to buy something more, tell us! Tell us there is demand, and the Kandori Merchant's Guild will be excited to supply! :-)
Strength teas and vials at the broker

Ylsa

Post by Ylsa » Tue Nov 16, 2021 8:00 pm

Aloisa wrote:
Tue Nov 16, 2021 5:17 pm
Ylsa wrote:

I gave him at least five of each in the last week. They do sell quickly indeed, I will do my best :-)

arston

Post by arston » Wed Nov 17, 2021 7:21 pm

Ylsa wrote:
Tue Nov 16, 2021 8:00 pm
Aloisa wrote:
Tue Nov 16, 2021 5:17 pm
Ylsa wrote:

I gave him at least five of each in the last week. They do sell quickly indeed, I will do my best :-)
this is true, be nice to the wisdoms so they play more! we cant keep up :lol:

Adella

Post by Adella » Wed Nov 17, 2021 7:41 pm

Be careful. If you put up too many vials in a short period of time you'll be going against the principal of the broker mob and may face immortal wrath.

Shinobi

Post by Shinobi » Wed Nov 17, 2021 11:54 pm

Adella wrote:
Wed Nov 17, 2021 7:41 pm
Be careful. If you put up too many vials in a short period of time you'll be going against the principal of the broker mob and may face immortal wrath.
A good drug dealer doesn't buy their own stash! They smoke it!

Elysia

Post by Elysia » Thu Nov 18, 2021 3:06 am

Adella wrote:
Wed Nov 17, 2021 7:41 pm
I told someone that last week, yeah. Putting up about 70 out of 72 pouches and drowning out a bunch of clans' people chances of using it as a source of qps is not exactly playing nice with others. Especially during a time it takes 6 weeks for something to sell. I've been recommending that if people have bulk, they put it up in small batches and wait for it to sell, which would allow other people to squeeze in their sales as well.