can the writtenrealms client take logs?

... A place to ask for help on any topic whether it be starting out to player killing to IT issues.
Callesa

can the writtenrealms client take logs?

Post by Callesa » Mon Oct 25, 2021 6:17 am

Hi, I am returning after a looong time. Mudlet never worked right for me (not even Adael could find out the problem) and now isn't even compatible with my computer anymore. I really like the client on the main page, it is awesome! The only thing missing: can I log in it? I could really do with logs, is there any way to get them out of it, please?

Adael

Re: can the writtenrealms client take logs?

Post by Adael » Mon Oct 25, 2021 11:18 am

It's been long enough that I don't remember what problems you had with mudlet :)
Can always try taking a look again if you want me to. I'd like to think I've grown more knowledgeable with time :P

raal

Post by raal » Mon Oct 25, 2021 7:06 pm

pretty sure the writtenrealms kicks you off if anyone else tries to use it to log on or something

Aloisa

Post by Aloisa » Mon Oct 25, 2021 11:20 pm

raal wrote:
Mon Oct 25, 2021 7:06 pm
pretty sure the writtenrealms kicks you off if anyone else tries to use it to log on or something
If someone else tries to log on using the client you freeze. It's not great

Callesa

Post by Callesa » Tue Oct 26, 2021 11:00 am

Not sure we are talking about the same thing. I am asking whether I can make a log in the client (you know, for posting).

Yes, the writtenrealm client froze on me today. A few times. Not too practical. But unlike Mudlet, it does have a real functioning map :-( I will probably never be able to get map in the mudlet work, no ideal solution here.

Thanks, Adael, I will try again, and try to describe the issues. Is there a major difference between the older and newer mudlet versions? Perhaps the newest mudlet might work better.

Adael

Post by Adael » Tue Oct 26, 2021 12:13 pm

Mudlet does have a quite well functioning map, just a matter of figuring out how to get it working for you.

Definitely update to the latest version of Mudlet, the creators are regularly fixing bugs or adding small new features. Clean install, or try updating within Mudlet itself (should be an option in the top toolbar somewhere).

Check out https://github.com/weisluke/WoTMUD for a full set of installation instructions for my map scripts and map file. Follow the steps in order and let me know if/where things go wrong.