WinTin / TinTin

... A place to ask for help on any topic whether it be starting out to player killing to IT issues.
Sanguine

WinTin / TinTin

Post by Sanguine » Tue Mar 23, 2021 10:17 am

Are there any players still using TinTin as their primary client? I'm interested in trying it out, but would love it if someone had a setup of scripts already in use that Includes try and tinker with. Or more importantly, a map set up! No one responded on Discord so I'm reaching out here. CMUD has been laggy for me (even with scripts turned off) enough that it frustrates me in PK and I'm looking for an alternative. Tried Mudlet briefly, but wanting to try TinTin.

Talia

Re: WinTin / TinTin

Post by Talia » Tue Jun 22, 2021 9:01 pm

In case you decided TinTin wasn't for you. I use TinyFugue and have had pretty good luck with it. I'd be happy to help you get it setup. It's text only as I recall TinTin was, so you'll get a very similar retro look and feel to your mudding experience.

Talia

Thore

Post by Thore » Thu Jun 24, 2021 9:57 am

Talia wrote:
Tue Jun 22, 2021 9:01 pm
In case you decided TinTin wasn't for you. I use TinyFugue and have had pretty good luck with it. I'd be happy to help you get it setup. It's text only as I recall TinTin was, so you'll get a very similar retro look and feel to your mudding experience.

Talia
Thanks. I may still pursue TinTin, but I have heard good things about TinyFugue as well. I'll let you know; haven't been on all that much anyway.

Rajis

Post by Rajis » Mon Oct 11, 2021 2:00 pm

I'm using tintin in case you are still interested, it's been a bit of a journey for me, but I think I've got most of the kinks worked out. I'd be happy to share my config with you, and my about 40% complete map file (a work in progress)

Kilgore

Post by Kilgore » Tue Oct 12, 2021 10:59 am

I use wintin 95.