Mac Users Wanted to Test Mud Map Viewer

... A place to ask for help on any topic whether it be starting out to player killing to IT issues.
Yves

Mac Users Wanted to Test Mud Map Viewer

Post by Yves » Mon Nov 23, 2015 6:01 pm

Hey folks,

I don't know how many, or even if there are any, Mac users out there... but I'd like to put a call out to those who play on the Mac side and would like a map viewer such as we see in zMud and cMud. I'm currently working on a project that will allow mac users to download cMud map files and use them with their Mac clients. Personally I use TinyFugue, but I'd be happy to work with people using other clients to provide the client-specific integration pieces as well.

(Before anyone asks, yes I've seen Mudlet. I'm not impressed with their Mac incarnation and decided it wasn't a good choice for me.)

In any case, I'm getting very close to being ready for beta testers, so if anyone would like to be involved, please let me know.

Thanks in advance,

Yves

Jomin

Re: Mac Users Wanted to Test Mud Map Viewer

Post by Jomin » Mon Nov 23, 2015 7:59 pm

Yves wrote:(Before anyone asks, yes I've seen Mudlet. I'm not impressed with their Mac incarnation and decided it wasn't a good choice for me.)
Would you mind PM-ing to see if there is anything about Mudlet that can be done to improve your impressions? I am aware that we do have one or two niggles with the Qt5.x libraries on that platform... but I'd hate to not try and see if there is anything that can be done. :(

May I suggest XML as an consideration as an intermediate data container format for map interchange, I'm working in that area of the aforesaid Mudlet at this time and I've been making the bleeding-edge code A) a bit more generic and B) actually allow the user to import a suitable XML file manually rather than limiting the functionality just to automatically working with 5 (just five) I.R.E. Mud Servers that make a crowd-map file "map.xml" available to their players.

Astolfo

Post by Astolfo » Thu Nov 26, 2015 3:02 pm

Thanks for the work you're doing, and I hope it goes well!

ardwyn

Post by ardwyn » Thu Nov 26, 2015 3:55 pm

I'm a Mac-user and I've been trying to figure out something similar myself. Got cmud to run somewhat using Wine but not very good.

Anyway, if you need testing, let me know and I'll help out.

Livae

Post by Livae » Tue Jan 19, 2016 9:26 am

I am getting a MAC this week and would gladly volunteer

Auriona

Post by Auriona » Sat Jan 23, 2016 4:57 pm

Interested .

Joolis

Post by Joolis » Sat Jan 23, 2016 8:07 pm

I can help test, but I've been pretty happy with Mudlet and the available wotmud mapper

Livae

Post by Livae » Sun Jan 24, 2016 12:03 pm

I use Cmud on crossover on my MAC with El Captain os. it runs really well, mind you i have better ram now and processor than my previous pc.

Macros were tricker due to MAC layout, but got some useful essentials down and the map works fine with CMUD wormed xmls scripts and Vyo's map.