Partisan of Ghealdan

... A place to ask for help on any topic whether it be starting out to player killing to IT issues.
Sarryn

Partisan of Ghealdan

Post by Sarryn » Mon Jun 01, 2020 6:32 pm

Can this get some love finally? I feel like it's the bads. It has solid defense which is great. But overall just lacking in most things. I've used these a ton through my alts over the years. I feel like they've never gotten any love. There ob is pretty garbage. There charge landing and damage is pretty shotty to say the least. There bash can also be very spotty. Why not give this old guy some love?

Kat

Re: Partisan of Ghealdan

Post by Kat » Mon Jun 01, 2020 7:29 pm

Agreed.

I feel like either +5 ob or +1 lb would be all that's needed to actually make it feel like a rare again and give us a reason to use it over the gold war-spear.

Paigey

Post by Paigey » Mon Jun 01, 2020 7:50 pm

The only issue I saw with it was weight. It's 5d8 mounted. Charge is mostly practice/terrain based for landing. OB is comparable...? (Maybe?) to others? Can go through similar rares and argue where it should be.

But none of the comparable weapons ie. Axes, clubs, swords can click people.

How do you put a value on that - I don't know. Classic head scratcher to me is short vs fencing. What's blicking people worth compared to disarm. What dmg/pb/ob do you balance that with.

Kat

Post by Kat » Mon Jun 01, 2020 8:12 pm

I agree the damage is more than fine, and I think well balanced when compared to the other spears. And now that I think about it, the weight is also fine, considering it's a 1h weapon and has the +20 pb over gold spear to help with bash.

If any changes were made at all I'd say just give it a little more ob, but over all I'd say it is probably in a good spot and maybe my initial reaction to upping it was more in relation to the goldspear being too strong in class rather than the pog being too weak.

Sarryn

Post by Sarryn » Mon Jun 01, 2020 10:01 pm

Replace shotty with spotty btw I is the tired, damage is spotty but also shotty to. Elaborate the weight and bash is ok I will admit, though rather spotty. It can bash high end dodge though sometimes with postures etc. The damage is actually pretty solid but I feel like it is rangy, spotty. I know the charge damage is all over the place in my experience. Like you get charged mid batt to prob high crit with a wimpy offensive rare I think that's a joke myself no matter what. It's a solid weapon don't get me wrong. Just never gotten much love, and I feel like it's overdue. The parry is a given though people. Let's take into account how many practices you have to put into this. I am super statted and can't get everything maxed. The shield parry given it's not a 2h spear like gold spear is your reason for the defense. So that really makes that perk fairly moot to me. I think overall it could just use some OB. And or fixing what I've felt like the variable charge/damage is. But i'd totally settle for the ob.

Murphy

Post by Murphy » Mon Jun 01, 2020 10:14 pm

So, remove their downside? Make them bash, charge, have top tier ob, have top tier pb. Keeping in mind more ob is better bash.

The damage is rangy because it's 5d8. If it was 8d5 it would be a far, far better weapon. Do combo masters wielding obnoxious weapons need even more power?

Vaeyl Mazakeen

Post by Vaeyl Mazakeen » Mon Jun 01, 2020 10:28 pm

Just so everyones on the same page as per damage.

a heron-marked longsword (Long Blades) 95ob 30pb 15.0lb 5d8

a partisan bearing the arms of Ghealdan (Spears) 80ob 32pb 13.5lb 4d8(5d8)

Mounted you are getting the same damage as a heron long, that's pretty dang nice.

Sarryn

Post by Sarryn » Mon Jun 01, 2020 10:34 pm

I feel like i'd take a heron long over a pog any day of the week damage wise. But that's just me. Basically just needs some OB love I think. +5 would be cool. As far as masters I've been on record of removing them and all damage related bonus's and replacing with simpler things that effect pk little to none. I'm just wanting my favorite weapon upped for once damit! Leave me aloneeeeee with your facts! But for real, it's a rare. It should be pretty solid to begin with. And it is, just ya know give it some love for the first time in foreversss. Yes you can charge, but with the amount of gd rogues up north and in the game that's needed heh :p

Kryzen

Post by Kryzen » Mon Jun 01, 2020 10:52 pm

It's a very balanced weapon, it will bash almost anything. 5d8 is great damage, the defense is good. Any way you up it makes it beyond incredible.

Vaeyl Mazakeen

Post by Vaeyl Mazakeen » Tue Jun 02, 2020 1:38 am

Sarryn wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 10:34 pm
I feel like i'd take a heron long over a pog any day of the week damage wise. But that's just me. Basically just needs some OB love I think. +5 would be cool. As far as masters I've been on record of removing them and all damage related bonus's and replacing with simpler things that effect pk little to none. I'm just wanting my favorite weapon upped for once damit! Leave me aloneeeeee with your facts! But for real, it's a rare. It should be pretty solid to begin with. And it is, just ya know give it some love for the first time in foreversss. Yes you can charge, but with the amount of gd rogues up north and in the game that's needed heh :p
Yeah as far as damage output goes they're identical mounted, heron overtakes when dism obviously with how the additional diceroll is applied to spears/lances mounted.

They are "rare" in a sense that there aren't so many floating around, though they are craftable which means they have a lot going for them. I can understand wanting to see your favourite weapon getting some love, the issue as I see it would be that, by improving this weapon in any real fashion beyond where its is now, you create a weapon comparable in damage/bash/ob/defense to any other rare choice while simultaneously offering the high damage/low pulse charge ability. By doing that you elevate that particular weapon above any other choice due to its versatility alone.

A compromise I would offer is to down the cost of crafting one from I believe 8 tokens currently, to 5-6 tokens. They're a great weapon but they do have their shortcomings.