Managing Multiple Chars on Forums?

... A place to ask for help on any topic whether it be starting out to player killing to IT issues.
rei

Managing Multiple Chars on Forums?

Post by rei » Sun Apr 12, 2020 12:08 pm

All you smart people out there,
Is there any type of plugin, script, or black magic, where we can have all of our chars logged into forums at once, and just flip between who we want to be posting or checking mail as, instead of logging in and out 15 different times each day?

This would be beyond incredible.

Octavio

Re: Managing Multiple Chars on Forums?

Post by Octavio » Sun Apr 12, 2020 12:56 pm

I use 1password that keeps my log in information for all my web sites. When I log in here it allows me to just pick a character from the list. However I also have to log out of one character and then log into another. However it's easy because it pops up for me.

I am not sure you would want a picker build into the website because there would be too many opportunities for misuse. An admin, or another person with the right access could see all of your alts.

Jomin

Re: Managing Multiple Chars on Forums?

Post by Jomin » Sun Apr 26, 2020 4:15 pm

There used to be a FireFox addon to allow quick login character changes - but since they got rid of the XUL API I no longer use FF - and PaleMoon, my normal browser nowadays is no longer supported in FreeBSD so I do not even know if it still works. I will upload it to the Public area of my room in the Tower the next time I boot into Linux - then it will appear in: https://spideroak.com/browse/share/Jomi ... 20entrance - go there and retrieve wotmudquickcharswitch @ alex.vidal.xpi (spaces put in there to prevent it being interpreted as an EMail address by your browser!

It is now up there...!