Restatting a player

... A place to ask for help on any topic whether it be starting out to player killing to IT issues.
Octavio

Restatting a player

Post by Octavio » Thu Jan 30, 2020 5:16 pm

Looking for some Imm input or ruling here. If a player with a warrant deletes that player from the game and the name disappears and later on restats a new player, with new stats, and even a new kind of player (hunter, etc...) with the same name, do all the old warrants the player had previously transfer over to the newly statted player? Or does the new "birth" create a new player. (crier tasks excluded as they never disappear).

Ragyn

Re: Restatting a player

Post by Ragyn » Thu Jan 30, 2020 6:07 pm

Think generally if it is a new player who has the same name, you just let it slide. Else I believe it carries over. So I think it can basically be up to you as a clan. Say if a known murderer deletes and restats, the warrants etc. would carry over.

Elysia

Post by Elysia » Fri Jan 31, 2020 5:12 pm

First of all: player =/= character. You're making it hella confusing by calling bother characters and player, a player.

Deletion and re-creating was never intended as a clean slate. Neither is deleveling and re-statting.

Sometimes random other individuals will pick a name with a history associated with it. Sometimes it's the same owner/player recreating the same name they had once before.

There is no hard and fast rule that can apply to all circumstances. Chances are, if you pick a name with a history, warrants may re-appear and there is no rule against it. However, perma-warrants have to be earned, so there will always be the recourse of proving you're another person and then getting a pardon.

Octavio

Post by Octavio » Fri Jan 31, 2020 5:37 pm

Elysia, Yea, I screwed up the naming convention. Thanks for sorting through all of that and coming up with an answer.

One clarification, using an example I used on Discord. If you are a channeler and you get a CoL warrant, do you consider that a permanent-warrant as the only way you can remove that is to delete the character. Or play it neutered, which is essentially the same thing.

Mronz

Post by Mronz » Sat Feb 01, 2020 12:55 am

What am I missing, don't most channelers have COL warrents?

*scratches his old head in confusion*

Octavio

Post by Octavio » Sat Feb 01, 2020 8:21 am

It was just an example to complete the thread. A relevant point that came up.

Elysia

Post by Elysia » Sun Feb 02, 2020 7:13 am

It all depends in part on the name created. Well known names are more likely to get re-warranted. E.g. take Petra, if she were to delete. But if someone with an elephantine memory comes along and remembers some obscure person as a channeler, why would they be in the wrong to re-warrant?

If you want to be unknown, create a new name.

Joolis

Post by Joolis » Sun Feb 02, 2020 11:55 am

Never seen someone fret so much over warrants

Octavio

Post by Octavio » Sun Feb 02, 2020 12:01 pm

Joolis wrote:
Sun Feb 02, 2020 11:55 am
Never seen someone fret so much over warrants
Which means what? My concerns, because they are not your concerns, are not valid. My sense of fair play and rule making that should be the same for everyone (which they most certainly are not in this game), are non-valid because you don't share them.

We ask what is wrong with this game and here is a prime example.

Ominas

Post by Ominas » Sun Feb 02, 2020 10:35 pm

Genuinely, with complete respect Octavio, I’d say Joolis has a point. As long as I’ve been here I’ve never seen anyone lose their mind like you do and stress over such things. There’s a lot of you silly people who believe everything’s out to get them now a days though, to be fair to you.

Then again if only these crazy ducks are what’s left, maybe I’m one too and I’m just missing things because I’m crazy.

Carry on. Henceforth I shall join you and we will smite logic in it’s stupid freaking face.