Affable Broker Potions

... A place to ask for help on any topic whether it be starting out to player killing to IT issues.
Tiani

Affable Broker Potions

Post by Tiani » Tue Dec 31, 2019 12:23 pm

Two questions:

A. Why do you not use the affable broker to exchange for potions other than refresh?

B. What would make you most likely to get your potions from the affable broker?

Derick

Re: Affable Broker Potions

Post by Derick » Tue Dec 31, 2019 1:50 pm

Reason number 1: I don't know how, haven't bothered to learn yet.

Terri

Post by Terri » Tue Dec 31, 2019 5:39 pm

Yellow are most valuable/most necessary. I think having other potions is a plus, not a requirement.

I dont know what the mats are atm but value?

Reyne

Post by Reyne » Thu Jan 02, 2020 12:40 pm

It honestly just doesn't occur to me, but looking over the wiki it does seem useful. Just to make sure I've got it right:

- 5 yellow vials for sid or gchain
- 4 strength teas or 4 cure fear vials for red robe or earthen mantle
- Fireworks for a gold ring

Then obviously I can buy stuff in Lugard so there's a coin -> potion line of exchange. Which seems easier than hitting that dang lithe 20 times. Hrm.

If I recall correctly, obsidian chain is 250, shimmering gold chain is 150. Same with red robe and mantle. Kind of a price variance, no?

Weir

Post by Weir » Thu Jan 02, 2020 2:28 pm

Yellows have a life or death sort of association, either for running or chasing down. Reds feel bad when the cure fear status fails (or it just feels pointless carrying a bunch in prolonged PK), and a lot of people can't use str teas.

I'd happily exchange rings for fireworks, but there are never any in stock.

iria

Post by iria » Thu Jan 02, 2020 2:50 pm

Yeah cure fear being broken is really annoying and makes red vials somewhat obsolete. I still buy them and syrups whenever I have a red robe/mantle on me, but gleamers aren't that prevalent these days after their cost was upped(should maybe down the token cost a bit on them to like 2 or 3) so syrups aren't that crucial anymore except for the occasional swirl from fade mobs. Red vials are still useful, but if you're fighting fades who practice high fear it does seem pointless to quaff, since you'll just get feared a couple rounds later. Think there was one Pk session where I quaffed 4 red(had just gotten some from the broker) in the span of like 3-5 minutes. Hopefully it can be fixed somehow, looking at you Itesh!

Tiani

Post by Tiani » Thu Jan 02, 2020 4:52 pm

Reyne wrote:
Thu Jan 02, 2020 12:40 pm
It honestly just doesn't occur to me, but looking over the wiki it does seem useful. Just to make sure I've got it right:

- 5 yellow vials for sid or gchain
- 4 strength teas or 4 cure fear vials for red robe or earthen mantle
- Fireworks for a gold ring

Then obviously I can buy stuff in Lugard so there's a coin -> potion line of exchange. Which seems easier than hitting that dang lithe 20 times. Hrm.

If I recall correctly, obsidian chain is 250, shimmering gold chain is 150. Same with red robe and mantle. Kind of a price variance, no?
Yes, you can also get 4 syrups and 4 draughts for the red robe or earthen mantle.

As to the price difference, yes, indeed, there is a difference. The same difference exists between red robes and earthen mantles. I don't know how many are still available, but if there is demand for them, I can work on stocking mantles as they are the less expensive option for the 4-potion pouches. I do try to put up gchains as much as possible for the vials, so that the less expensive option is also available. If I know who is interested, I am happy to send a tell to individuals online who will definitely head down to get them before announcing more generally to everyone.

There is now a delay between the time an item is put up and when it can be purchased. The delay is variable based on how much of a line there is, but no one has told me that it has taken a very long time for them to purchase items after I have put them up.

Paigey

Post by Paigey » Thu Jan 02, 2020 7:19 pm

I sometimes wonder if people know some sort of rent/linkless option that allows them to get around the rent item cap. I just don't have the energy to make it my base half the time.

Asandra

Post by Asandra » Fri Jan 03, 2020 4:34 am

Paigey wrote:
Thu Jan 02, 2020 7:19 pm
I sometimes wonder if people know some sort of rent/linkless option that allows them to get around the rent item cap. I just don't have the energy to make it my base half the time.
There's the deft herbalist that transforms 5 vials into a pouch of vials and visa versa (same for other potions).
This cuts down on the rent-item load.

I always rent in clanrent unless there's some emergency. Granted, TV is easier to get to than most places, but still I think going to one's base should not be that hard? Not quite sure what alt/clan you're talking about, but perhaps there's some fast-travel option (coach, ship, ways, etc) you haven't explored yet?

Also - if you can make Cairhien, you can rent-store 30 items there, which should let you rent pretty much with everything you ever need :lol:

Fermin

Post by Fermin » Sat Jan 04, 2020 1:58 pm

you can just drop link, I've never lost items to that and do it fairly often. Of course no rent items disappear but that would happen with sleep well and wake.