North PK

... A place to ask for help on any topic whether it be starting out to player killing to IT issues.
Loomis

Re: North PK

Post by Loomis » Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:47 pm

As for learning zones and PK, I would highly suggest a DS char. Stat a warrior, grab some abs/club(as its a super easy reeq), and head out there. It is much easier to learn northern zones from a trolloc perspective. Just keep an eye on where(trollocs smell horses if people are mounted zone), and you will be fine. I also believe that if you learn to PK on DS, LS will be much easier. DS works much better as a team as far as call outs, regroup points, etc. On LS you really have to be reading the fight and watch everyone else, as they tend to all flee, and then call out once they are safely at a patty or inside. I find on DS that everyone communicates much better and will tell you when they are going to flee, what their hps are, if they are winning, etc... You will die many times, but at least on DS, people are much nicer about helping you reeq and such.

The blocks and regroup rooms are generally the same on either side, with a few exceptions. E.g. winding choke you would want to block the N E S W room if on DS and trying to stop LS from running home; and if on LS trying to prevent a DS getting safe, you'd block 1s of there in the N S W exit room(or 2s I cant remember as I never block from that side).

ecthus

Post by ecthus » Wed Dec 04, 2019 1:08 am

A few quick things for surviving:

1. Especially when you're new, living is more about managing your mvs than managing your hps.
2. When you have to flee, what you're usually trying to do is set up your next flee rather than trying to get immediately to safety.
3. Setting up your next flee is usually about available dlines and the number of exits in the room, rather than the strongest mobs.
4. One of the learning curves is recognizing, by name, the class you're up against. That changes how they can find you, and how you need to run.
5. You're gonna be slow for a while. You can usually assume for now that your enemy is already blocking the choke you want to get through. If you walk into the choke, you're giving them information. If they have to hit you in a random room, they're giving you information that you can use (like if they have blockers somewhere else.)
6. If you run too far it's much harder for your friends to help you.
7. It's important to understand when you died because you did something smart, and when you live even though you did something dumb. If you can't tell the difference then take up Fermin's great offer and post your next 100 deaths!

Ragyn

Post by Ragyn » Wed Dec 04, 2019 4:08 am

Mailed you the notes on dusty,winding,gap and blight I wrote up for someone else.

Velor

Post by Velor » Wed Dec 04, 2019 5:48 am

ecthus wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 1:08 am
If you can't tell the difference then take up Fermin's great offer and post your next 100 deaths!
I'm hoping he'll do an installment plan so I can use the cash to regear each death! :lol: