The Laws of Saldaea - question

... A place to ask for help on any topic whether it be starting out to player killing to IT issues.
Octavio

Re: The Laws of Saldaea - question

Post by Octavio » Tue Nov 19, 2019 5:36 pm

Let's not lose track of the OP. Laws were created that far exceed the boundaries of the game. Recend the laws and rewrite them so they conform with gameplay. Unless you disagree with this thought. Then explain why.

julianna

Post by julianna » Tue Nov 19, 2019 5:47 pm

Octavio wrote:
Tue Nov 19, 2019 5:36 pm
Let's not lose track of the OP. Laws were created that far exceed the boundaries of the game. Recend the laws and rewrite them so they conform with gameplay. Unless you disagree with this thought. Then explain why.
But they don’t, do they? Elysia said you can banish for anything. I haven't gone over the laws with a fine-toothed comb, but if the punishment is banishment, it doesn’t matter id the events take place outside Maradon. Only if the punishment is warranting is there a bar under the warranting rules.

Ragyn

Post by Ragyn » Tue Nov 19, 2019 5:59 pm

Octavio wrote:
Tue Nov 19, 2019 5:36 pm
You're the one who brought up the blanket warrants etc. so I'm just trying to explain to you how they seem to work now, since you seemed to find it unfair that seanchan were blanket warranted and vise versa. As the post above me said, if it says banishment, that seems to be fine from upstairs, if it says warrant, then no.

Octavio

Post by Octavio » Tue Nov 19, 2019 6:01 pm

How do you enforce banishment? Also, how do you justify the overreach on taking items in Far Dara when it's almost on the other side of the world from you?

Ominas

Post by Ominas » Tue Nov 19, 2019 6:35 pm

If you come into the area you’re banished from then you are killed or a warrant is placed on your head for breaking the banishment. That fits within game role play.

I believe that Salcav and Lancers have one of the oldest treaties in the game. If it’s something they have worked out between themselves then it also fits role play.

And come on Ragyn. Really? Do the logical thing and appeal a warrant?! Imms are in on it man! Don’t you know this!? You’re talking crazy. Obvious sarcasm.

Seriously guys this is all super easy to understand. Think before you let your feelings get involved? I don’t know what else to tell you

Edit: Before you all continue to bring up game rules I would suggest doing the logical thing and realizing that obviously this has all been ok’d. As long as it passes through the imm side that’s all that matters
Last edited by Ominas on Tue Nov 19, 2019 6:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Octavio

Post by Octavio » Tue Nov 19, 2019 6:42 pm

Ominas wrote:
Tue Nov 19, 2019 6:35 pm
As long as it passes through the imm side that’s all that matters
Hell, that's my problem all along. I honestly thought that players had input into this game and that the Imms were there to help arbitrate and not back one side or another.

Ominas

Post by Ominas » Tue Nov 19, 2019 6:50 pm

They do. You don’t like it. Change it yourself. All you’re doing here, Octavio, is senselessly complaining.

That last line pretty much highlights (what I thought was an obvious joke) that you seem to genuinely believe Imms are out to get you or players. No one has picked any side or backed any group. You may need to take a step back and do some thinking. Or whatever it is you do.

Good luck to you man, that was so silly I don’t know what else to say to you.

Fyra

Post by Fyra » Tue Nov 19, 2019 6:52 pm

This is all helpful to know. Now if any oL attacks me anywhere in the world, they'll be banished from the borderlands.

edit: I mean, I assume this is new, because they're all over the borderlands now and they attack Aes Sedai all them time.

Fyra

Post by Fyra » Tue Nov 19, 2019 7:00 pm

I appreciate all that the imms do, and always think they have the best for the game in mind when they make decisions. That being said, I think they're wrong on this one. I don't think the Lancers should be able to ban an entire group from northern pk just because they follow their RP of hunting channellers outside of borderland jurisdiction.

Reyne

Post by Reyne » Wed Nov 20, 2019 2:09 pm

vii. Allies of Saldaea – All borderland nations are considered Allies and any actions against a borderland nation or its soldiers will be construed as an act against Saldaea and appropriate measures taken as per these laws. The Nation of Tar Valon and its armies, Aes Sedai, Gaidin and Valon Guard, are considered Allies and any actions against them will be considered a threat to the safety of the Borderlands and appropriate measures taken.
I'm not really quite sure this means "if you attack Tower, we'll warrant you." Seems like 'appropriate measures' leaves it open for banishing people or other such measures, which isn't in violation of any game rules insofar as warranting. *shrug* my 2 coppers.
Octavio wrote:
Tue Nov 19, 2019 1:51 pm
Seanchan are an invading army, but blanket warrants are nothing but lazy. Warrant and attacking Seanchan when they attack...not just for being on the who list. Warrants should not be able to be given unless the person being warranted are actually in the zone of control of the person giving the warrant. There is a thought.
I actually don't disagree with this. I *generally* like to try and wait until I've actually *seen* someone (in the same room) before warranting. I saw a SS applicant today on the who list and didn't warrant them. However, it's less a function of lazy so much as we have few ways of marking people other than by warrants. The issue, from Tower's perspective anyway, was that a lot of applicants would use their in-between status to launch surprise attacks. Which maybe is fine for say Mandarb a'Shar who are supposed to be sneaky types, but it is weird when a incog warrior in the same room as you decides "OK, well, DS are gone time to smash this unsuspecting Accepted." I'm not sure if that's the only reason for allowing blanket warranting, but it's one at least.

In general there's the issue of warrants being "criminal warrants" but here we are using them on enemy armies/soldiers - because we only have the one blunt instrument and there isn't a lot of room for nuance.
lol yea. I was warranted on a rogue level 14 in the last two months because I had a leatherleaf staff and I MUST be a channeler. It's a power trip, plain and simple.
You should appeal it with the Red Ajah.