The Laws of Saldaea - question

... A place to ask for help on any topic whether it be starting out to player killing to IT issues.
Tiani

Re: The Laws of Saldaea - question

Post by Tiani » Mon Nov 18, 2019 8:26 pm

Ashlee wrote:
Mon Nov 18, 2019 7:42 pm
Tiani wrote:
Mon Nov 18, 2019 7:31 pm
There are similar issues with the laws of Shienar as collected in the Laws of the Nations compiled by the White Tower. In fact, while not exact duplicates, on first glance Sheinar and Saldaea's laws appear cut from the same cloth.

viewtopic.php?f=67&t=10827

Shienar's laws are the second one down.
Hi there. Please send me or another Lancer Council member a message if you think there is something amiss with our laws, which were amended to remove issues. If we missed something, Id like to know so we can rectify it. Otherwise, just looks like you’re stirring the pot.
I am not merely pot stirring. I was on my phone and didn't really think more words were necessary, but for your sake I have moved to my computer and will use more words.

As a reasonable person glancing over both the SalCav's and Lancer's laws, I noticed strong similarities. I made the point that they were not duplicates but very similar. If they used your laws as the basis of their own, which is very likely as the SalCav references Fal Dara in their laws, then it is reasonable to suggest that if one set of laws needs to be looked at, then the other one ought also.

Also I was referencing Lancer's laws as mirrored by the Tower. You ought to make sure that they are posting your most recent set of laws.

livendros

Post by livendros » Mon Nov 18, 2019 8:29 pm

I copy and pasted and added some new stuff from our old laws and tried to make sure everything was up to Snuff. I am not a lawyer. I am a courier. My expertise lies and driving cars not reading half-ass legal documents.

Ashlee

Post by Ashlee » Mon Nov 18, 2019 8:44 pm

Tiani wrote:
Mon Nov 18, 2019 8:26 pm
Ashlee wrote:
Mon Nov 18, 2019 7:42 pm
Tiani wrote:
Mon Nov 18, 2019 7:31 pm
There are similar issues with the laws of Shienar as collected in the Laws of the Nations compiled by the White Tower. In fact, while not exact duplicates, on first glance Sheinar and Saldaea's laws appear cut from the same cloth.

viewtopic.php?f=67&t=10827

Shienar's laws are the second one down.
Hi there. Please send me or another Lancer Council member a message if you think there is something amiss with our laws, which were amended to remove issues. If we missed something, Id like to know so we can rectify it. Otherwise, just looks like you’re stirring the pot.
I am not merely pot stirring. I was on my phone and didn't really think more words were necessary, but for your sake I have moved to my computer and will use more words.

As a reasonable person glancing over both the SalCav's and Lancer's laws, I noticed strong similarities. I made the point that they were not duplicates but very similar. If they used your laws as the basis of their own, which is very likely as the SalCav references Fal Dara in their laws, then it is reasonable to suggest that if one set of laws needs to be looked at, then the other one ought also.

Also I was referencing Lancer's laws as mirrored by the Tower. You ought to make sure that they are posting your most recent set of laws.
Hi there. Me again. I bolded the portion of your post to which I was referring, in which you expressly state that there are issues with our laws. I was hoping you would identify the issue remaining in our laws.

Your response seems to be that you were just commenting on the fact that there are similarities in the laws and assumed the issues identified in the Sal Cav laws are in ours. They aren't. But again, please feel free to mail me or other council members if there are genuine issues with our laws. I would be happy to review them.

Anor

Post by Anor » Mon Nov 18, 2019 9:42 pm

Ahh, so after the first posting of those rules was removed by Elysia for breaking warranting rules, it was snuck in again later and no one caught it. Good to know.

livendros

Post by livendros » Mon Nov 18, 2019 9:47 pm

Anor wrote:
Mon Nov 18, 2019 9:42 pm
Ahh, so after the first posting of those rules was removed by Elysia for breaking warranting rules, it was snuck in again later and no one caught it. Good to know.
Doubtful. Quit trying to start problems just to do it.

Adael

Post by Adael » Mon Nov 18, 2019 10:07 pm

To be fair, laws posted on Tower boards =/= actual up to date laws necessarily (in reference to complaints about Shienar’s) :p

It does look like there’s some probably not correct things in Saldaea’s post though 🤷🏼‍♂️

Meren

Post by Meren » Tue Nov 19, 2019 1:00 pm

v. Items left around Fal Dara/Maradon – The items left around Fal Dara/Maradon after battle are intended for those who aid in the fighting against the Shadow and are not meant to be picked up by scavengers and used for their own gain. Taking such items without aiding Saldaea or the Borderlands in battle in some manner will be considered an act of theft against Saldaea. This includes any items found at the Maradon Square barrel, Malkier Gate, the barrel just north of the Crossing, the building where the postmaster resides, or other key locations around Fal Dara/Maradon.
does not fall within
7.(a) You may not attempt to make a rule for any area outside of your nation's control, which borders are marked by border stones.
7(b) You may not make a rule that refers to actions outside of your nation's borders.

Tanak

Post by Tanak » Tue Nov 19, 2019 1:17 pm

Violence against the White Tower and its armies outside of Saldaea will result in banishments from Saldaea for the aggressors against the White Tower.
This also does not fall within
7.(a) You may not attempt to make a rule for any area outside of your nation's control, which borders are marked by border stones.
7(b) You may not make a rule that refers to actions outside of your nation's borders.

julianna

Post by julianna » Tue Nov 19, 2019 1:34 pm

I thought you could banish people for just about anything, but warrants had to be based on actions taken/comitted in the clan’s territory. I mean, all Tower members are blanket warranted by Seanchan and that’s how the whole Compie-Defenders-WG war used to run. But maybe that understanding fell by the wayside with the new warranting rules?

Octavio

Post by Octavio » Tue Nov 19, 2019 1:44 pm

Thiefbane blanket warrant all Seanchan just for logging on, for one. I would say the warranting situation is, and has been for awhile, screwed up. CoL blanket warrants Seanchan channelers, just for logging on. The who list is one of the biggest issues with the warranting system.