Returning noobie with some questions (stats/sides)

... A place to ask for help on any topic whether it be starting out to player killing to IT issues.
meem

Returning noobie with some questions (stats/sides)

Post by meem » Mon Sep 28, 2015 1:56 am

Just coming back to the game after quite some time away (much thanks to the guy who made a post on r/fantasy). Anyway, I realized that I have no idea what characters if any I have left (I know quite a few deleted due to being under 30 and I'm not sure any are left at all), so time to start statting again, yay! The question is what counts as good these days. My first run I got a 16/x/x/19/18 Seanchan hunter. If it was just 17 STR it would have been one of the better I've statted and played it easily, but I know 16 used to be considered mega subpar. Would this guy be useful at all or is 17 STR pretty hard cap for doing well these days?

Also I saw that you can get prestatted chars these days. Are those any good/worth playing? Only lightside and I'm a SS at heart, but if it's easier to start as LS, I'll do it to get back into the game. Does SS/LS pk even happen anymore? I know it was somewhat dying 3-4 years ago when I last played already. Would it be easier/better to just roll either DS or LS and get into the north pk since I'm going to have to completely relearn zones anyway?

Zudai

Re: Returning noobie with some questions (stats/sides)

Post by Zudai » Mon Sep 28, 2015 2:35 am

Hey man! That was me who posted on that :P. Anyways, 17 19 18 would be a good rogue. I would look for minimal 17 12 12 18 18 in a rogue on ss. I also have a hunter for you on ls if you want to play him, already statted! he is 18 18 17. Warriors i would try a minimal of 18 str 18 con. Nice to see you coming back to the game!

Mantorok

Post by Mantorok » Mon Sep 28, 2015 2:35 am

If you want to start on LS, I have a freshly statted 18 18 17 hunter you can have.

The prerolled chars are like, 18 18 warrior, 17 17 17 hunter/rogue or something similar. Not great, but bare minimum. Also if you DO have any old chars, they might qualify for rerolls. At 200, 300, 400, etc you get 20 free rerolls. If the homeland of the char is bad, you can sometimes get a chit to turn in for a homeland change of your choice.

16 strength is a bit low for a hunter, but if you stick to 1h weapons with shields you can manage it. If you need any help on LS or SS, just forum mail me and I'll get on whichever side ya need.

There is still plenty of LS/SS and DS/LS pk, but probably a bit more of the DS/LS variety lately.

Joolis

Post by Joolis » Wed Sep 30, 2015 5:18 pm

So easy to stat a 19 19 warrior, I wouldn't settle for less

chavaon

Post by chavaon » Wed Sep 30, 2015 6:29 pm

if you can remember any names and still have the same email, you should be able to recover any over 30. SS statting is pretty easy comparitively, so I'd keep going a bit. There were 4 SS in EF when I went to bed last night, there was 1 SE Caemy when I logged off to eat an hour ago, now it's a small sample size because I've only been on about 2hrs in 2 weeks, but there's been pk somewhere every time I've popped on. I even joined in for about 2-3 minutes, then died zerk :P

I can't find the post, but I seem to remember the rules on traded characters were relaxed so you can still clan one?
If that's right...I really don't play my SS hunters much, and while I couldn't part with my first and my abser is just an abser, I do have one uber-statted SS hunter who deserves to be played. If you want him, all i ask is that if you quit you give him away rather than leave him to rot, I hate seeing chars I gave away inactive, I could leave them inactive myself! :lol:

He's Str:19 Int:14 Wil:12 Dex:18 Con:19., 397hp@51, message me if you want

malbek

Post by malbek » Thu Oct 01, 2015 1:41 am

If you're an SS at heart, go with your heart.

It's relatively easy to get a nice (17+ x x 19 17+) SS hunter from Seandar.

There is always LS/SS PK, just go to EF and you'll find it right away.