Clan Pracs

... A place to ask for help on any topic whether it be starting out to player killing to IT issues.
Reyne

Clan Pracs

Post by Reyne » Tue Jul 02, 2019 3:40 pm

From now on, any change to a clan's prac bonus will have to be paid for through the treasurer, for a sum of 20,000 gold crowns per change.

As it is, players are switching willy-nilly, usually to something that is not quite as rpish as what this feature was intended for. Ergo, it will now take some effort to get your clan prac changed.
Are there some guidelines or rules that we should be following with regards to these? Obviously I'd still want to remain RPish but given the 20k price are we allowed to do things like pick weaves a little more freely than we would have been able to before or maybe pick a non-weave skill if we are a channeler clan - for example Browns getting Search or Notice?

Just wanted to clarify beforehand!

Raeza

Re: Clan Pracs

Post by Raeza » Tue Jul 02, 2019 3:55 pm

Some Ajahs already have Hunter skills, so I would guess that would be allowed. (I assume warrior and rogue pracs would be off the table for fcs.)

Alison

Post by Alison » Thu Jul 04, 2019 5:20 am

There is a few weaves I have never tried due to the cost of having gate in my list of wanted weaves.

I know some weaves are ajah specific, but i would pay to try those weaves out for like a period of time. (Eg a trial period)

And/or can we petition to have reduced cost on gate weave? As Aes sedai i think bookish the weave should be easy to get and maintain. It was discovered and suddenly almost everyone could use it( bar those that was weak in the power). As it stands i think only a few don't use it due to its costs to have.

On second thought this probably is coded and would not happen in my lifetime.

Elysia

Post by Elysia » Fri Jul 05, 2019 8:16 am

Frankly, the only improvement Gate needs that the gatecodes reset on prac reset, not every death.

As for what you can choose, talk to your imm. We haven't made a list of what goes and what doesn't and tend to make decisions as they come up.

Kitiara

Post by Kitiara » Sun Jul 07, 2019 1:19 pm

Elysia wrote:Frankly, the only improvement Gate needs that the gatecodes reset on prac reset, not every death.
This would be glorious