Weapons Collector

... A place to ask for help on any topic whether it be starting out to player killing to IT issues.
Zyonel

Re: Weapons Collector

Post by Zyonel » Sat Jun 01, 2019 1:44 am

What are the TPs for the highest tier? 250?

Ragyn

Post by Ragyn » Tue Aug 27, 2019 3:50 pm

Anyone know if gleamers now fall under the "craftable weapon" category?

Draz

Post by Draz » Tue Aug 27, 2019 9:29 pm

Oh that would be a good sink for gleamers!

Stomper

Post by Stomper » Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:44 am

People still use gleamers? Thought imms basically removed them making them craftable. There a joke of a weapon barring the poison. Aka a normal chars counter to channelers, wolfbrothers, stabbers, gaiden and the like. Specially since there is no easy ways to counter gleamers geeze. Nah they garbage now with cost, way overhyped and cried about beforehand.

iria

Post by iria » Tue Sep 10, 2019 2:22 pm

People carry them for the poison then switch to a useful weapon. They are pretty good channeler weapons, super high PB from memory, somewhat light and have good dmg. Saying people cry about poison is without merit is like saying trollocs crying about spamblinding channelers, sure there is a counter, but I imagine only a few of us who carry more than a couple potions to counter it, now what do you do after you've quaffed your 3 draughts/syrups?

I remember practicing poison once many years ago on Iria, christ the amount of dung I got from trollocs was insane, even the ones who were currently using a gleamer would bitch about it.

Stomper

Post by Stomper » Tue Sep 10, 2019 2:55 pm

Apples to oranges comparing ls to ds imo. Moves wise alone the poison on a trolloc is crippling. Our moves suck, yes carry vials blah blah. Same thing with the potions you just mentioned. I can horse hop for days and run circles around DS on LS and have. It's annoying as fk. Is poison annoying and sometimes intolerable? Absofkinglutely. But is it this massive bane that everyone cries about, nah. Most n pkers worth there beans carry cups, or have a channeler with cure praced. There mediocre weapons at best, paying that amount to craft a secondary weapon is silly. But that's my two cents. Others who can't pk past oh there is a channeler or oh there's a fade and find a way around something that's there problem. I generally only used it as a secondary weapon myself. Tons of times I didn't even use it in 1 on 1's or whatever where I had an advantage because I knew they'd wine and I know how pk ebs and flows. Some people can't comprehend the eb and flow of pk and just smashy and or use any means possible to win, some don't.

Moral of story the cost doesn't reap the reward for a medium blade secondary/channeler weapon.

iria

Post by iria » Tue Sep 10, 2019 3:42 pm

Point is more that yes there is a counter in syrups, but I imagine few people carry more than a 2-3 on them at any time, so for any prolonged pk session poison is going to be a factor, the second you lose your horse as a human anywhere north, your moves are going to suck unless you carry ciders. Same as I imagine most trollocs don't carry more than a 3-4 draughts, so if there is a persistent channeler, you're going to be blind with no counter at some point, only difference is that the channeler has to actually land the weave and not just spam flee around a bit until the whole group is swirled. To me gleamer was always the sickest weapon as a DF and as a DL, pulls 7ish? less pb than a yew staff, your melee dmg is significantly improved, and for any prolonged PK you'll always come away ahead. I haven't used them for a long time because they tend to ruin PK, same as I imagine spam contagioning/blinding channelers ruin PK.

Anyway I think we're saying the same thing, that gleamers are generally dung for PK, and we might differ in agreeing with the new cost. Personally find anything that limits gleamers is a good thing.

Stomper

Post by Stomper » Tue Sep 10, 2019 4:00 pm

I'll very much admit there annoyance. Some people use gleamers better then others. I personally do like them despite my bashing of them. But only as a secondary weapon. I generally tried to poison the channelers/leaders. More strategic use then anything. It's all situational based as is any pk. Who and how many are you fighting? Are they good chasers, etc. I haven't seen them much if at all since the change, other then some stored probably. I don't have the problem with them like most. There a quirk that's thrown in on the very occasional pk. You play accordingly around it, just like anything else. The one thing I do dislike is what you mentioned, is when channelers use them. As I think channelers are the most annoying thing on this game, by far. Poison with the option to deal 100+ damage every few seconds is rough. Nothing will come of this, but I don't think there worthy of there cost at all. I'm not to scared of a troll with a gleamer myself. A dl/df channie etc with one yes.

iria

Post by iria » Tue Sep 10, 2019 7:20 pm

The argument is the same though no? Just carry syrups and the channeler will have wasted sps and time she could've fireballed you? Personally don't mind channelers in PK makes things more dynamic, issue is, as with everything, if there is an excessive amount of them, or if the side with no channelers is already outnumbered. ie 3 with a channeler vs 6 makes it more viable that they will actually fight. Now the other way around, not so much. Same as I don't mind stabbers or rogues too much, but when its 3 stabbers and 1 abser it gets tiresome. Gleamers is a shitty gimmick, just as fades practicing super high fear, especially now that cure fears don't grant you immunity after whoever messed it up, as well as channelers spam chilling everyone. Sure its not in itself going to kill you, but all it does is put a damper on the ebb and flow as you mentioned. 3v3 but with 2 people being feared, they're just going to sit with a patrol and a stalemate happens. 3v3 and everyone is poisoned and low mvs from chasing around, they're just going to sit still and wait poison out so they can regen a bit, everyone being chilled will likely yield the same result. A channeler showing up just means you have to think differently and use the counters to it if numbers are somewhat even, go stedding and sit with trees, go 1s xrd etc.