Shocklance stats

... A place to ask for help on any topic whether it be starting out to player killing to IT issues.
Adael

Re: Shocklance stats

Post by Adael » Thu Apr 11, 2019 8:46 am

Just to throw out some numbers, as a nonmaster in combo, currently it has roughly a 15% chance of bashing someone with 100db. Upping the weight to 10 ups that chance to roughly 45%. And still a 0% chance to bash anyone above 130db.
Upping the ob by 5 and not changing the weight really doesn't affect the bash. If you don't bump the weight up, perhaps bump it down instead to give a small increase to def.

If you wanted to change the dmg, perhaps changing it from 5d7 to 6d6 would work. About the same range, but smaller standard deviation so more consistent. It would then be 7d6 while riding instead of 6d7 I assume (so same range, but higher avg).

Ragyn

Post by Ragyn » Thu Apr 11, 2019 11:09 am

Neveyan wrote:Changing stats wont really make much difference to the fact its sitting idle in peoples rent I think...
My hope would be that if it was made into a good weapon for nonchannelers as well that we'd see more people using them. I don't doubt that the people who like to keep a storage would likely not play them, but it might result in people who want to use a shocklance to trade for them and in that way put some of them back into circulation.

Atienne

Post by Atienne » Thu Apr 11, 2019 12:31 pm

Delion wrote:Shocklance 6d7 riding, 85ob 95 pb, can charge

Obsidian 5d6, 88 ob 97 pb

Wouldn't really call it a worse channie weapon

Upping it to 6d7 base would make it 7d7 riding, which seems a tad much.
It's a rare that cannot bash. 7-49 is what? Like almost maul damage and with almost fencing blade OB? More than makes up for lack of attack and the fact it cannot bash. Personally, I think 6d7 base / 7d7 riding, with 93 OB and 95 PB while keeping the weight the same would be appropriate. If you're not going to up the damage and OB, the weight should be upped considerably. Maybe 12.5 pounds, around pale steel sword territory. As it is now, you can barely bash an abser with it. Changing the weight and OB as such would allow you to bash combo users and MAYBE land on dodgers at a low percentage.

Fact of the matter is that shocklances are still more rare than paramerion swords. You will always be able to just make a paramerion sword. You will not always be able to just make a shocklance. It is a weapon from the Age of Legends and it should have stats that suggest as much.
Eol wrote:Neither here nor there, but I do recall a shocklance occasionally being used as part of a two weapon combination by certain fades. This makes me semi skeptical about large scale increases in the damage department. Making changes that increase the overall functionality of the weapon seem preferable to changes that highlight only specific aspects of the weapon which potentially allow two weapon characters like a fade to move between both weapons exploiting the best parts of each one...
Two weapon setups cost tons of practices, even for fades. You have to sacrifice something if you want to practice two weapons, whether it's wanting to use attack, fade skills, or the ability to use a shield. Regardless, I don't think you would be able to min-max your pracs and stats with this kind of set up. Which setup are you exactly talking about anyway? I cannot remember any fades using a shocklance and another weapon. Last fade I remember seeing with a shocklance was Troika and he was just using fear + charge.
Rig wrote:I wouldn't bring race and class discussion into the argument as it makes no sense. Fact of the matter is that besides the dmg it's pretty meh. 10 more ob would be great. Or 5 ob and 5 lbs.
This is a very good point too. I think that those changes would be pretty fair. Personally, I would like to see more, but then you call into question whether the JP needs to be upped, and then people will start complaining that it's almost as powerful as Malf or Justice, etc. Response to that is Malf is an abs weapon, and Justice should be made into an abs weapon as well.
Last edited by Atienne on Thu Apr 11, 2019 1:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rig

Post by Rig » Thu Apr 11, 2019 1:01 pm

Sorry for making silver plated viable :lol:

Ragyn

Post by Ragyn » Thu Apr 11, 2019 1:15 pm

@atienne Jade Partisan is already a great weapon, high ob, high dmg, high pb, great charge and enough weight behind it to be able to sit combo users somewhat reliably. I think giving shocklance same weight as the Jade Partisan would make the shocklance an equally great weapon, with a tic less damage - which makes sense rare vs unique -. Personally don't think shockers need both OB and weight, should be one of the two. More OB is needed if the idea is to keep it as a really light weapon that is mainly focused on charge, or more Weight is needed if you want it to make it viable for the regular combo player who would like to bash.

Atienne

Post by Atienne » Thu Apr 11, 2019 1:21 pm

Ragyn wrote:@atienne Jade Partisan is already a great weapon, high ob, high dmg, high pb, great charge and enough weight behind it to be able to sit combo users somewhat reliably. I think giving shocklance same weight as the Jade Partisan would make the shocklance an equally great weapon, with a tic less damage - which makes sense rare vs unique -. Personally don't think shockers need both OB and weight, should be one of the two. More OB is needed if the idea is to keep it as a really light weapon that is mainly focused on charge, or more Weight is needed if you want it to make it viable for the regular combo player who would like to bash.
That makes sense. I think that's what I meant when I say if you don't up the damage, I forgot to say "and the ob". My basic idea is to either make it into a paramerion that can charge, or to make it actually be able to bash things. This sounds a lot like what you and some others are suggesting.

Ragyn

Post by Ragyn » Thu Apr 11, 2019 1:29 pm

aye exactly.

Rhys

Post by Rhys » Thu Apr 11, 2019 2:10 pm

Atienne wrote:
Ragyn wrote:@atienne Jade Partisan is already a great weapon, high ob, high dmg, high pb, great charge and enough weight behind it to be able to sit combo users somewhat reliably. I think giving shocklance same weight as the Jade Partisan would make the shocklance an equally great weapon, with a tic less damage - which makes sense rare vs unique -. Personally don't think shockers need both OB and weight, should be one of the two. More OB is needed if the idea is to keep it as a really light weapon that is mainly focused on charge, or more Weight is needed if you want it to make it viable for the regular combo player who would like to bash.
That makes sense. I think that's what I meant when I say if you don't up the damage, I forgot to say "and the ob". My basic idea is to either make it into a paramerion that can charge, or to make it actually be able to bash things. This sounds a lot like what you and some others are suggesting.
+1

I think it needs either OB, weight, or damage (my vote would be for damage)

Elysia

Post by Elysia » Thu Apr 11, 2019 3:02 pm

Not that I'm going to mess with weapons, but wasn't shocklance weight downed at some point? And if I remember this correctly, perhaps looking at the old stats, if I happen to have them saved might help.

Merrick

Post by Merrick » Thu Apr 11, 2019 3:25 pm

Obnoxious combo weapon with added stab deterrent. Definitely need to see more of those in play.