Mudlet Mapper Testing

... A place to ask for help on any topic whether it be starting out to player killing to IT issues.
Adael

Re: Mudlet Mapper Testing

Post by Adael » Mon Dec 18, 2017 4:14 pm

Oh wonderful! Glad they’re for sure working for other people and not just me :D

Adael

Post by Adael » Fri Dec 22, 2017 12:27 am

Added Fortress of Light to the map courtesy of Viellain, as well as some small out of the way rooms. Also updated some of the scripts, mainly just aesthetics/making things read easier for anyone who ever browses through them (if anyone lol).

I've tentatively been adding The Ways as well. I'm not sure how many random setups there are of safe rooms, though I've only come across 3 separate configurations so far over 5 or so days of reboots. Granted, it's still not easy to use because all the rooms seem to have the same name/desc :P

Link for brevity: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/b5k3mwonr3ap ... P4IUa?dl=0

Jomin

Post by Jomin » Tue Jan 30, 2018 3:17 am

Oh Light, I have missed WoTMUD!

I´ve been coding the Mudlet client so long that I have forgotten some of my weaves... :(

Can I ask where the most complete and up to date Map is at the moment? I do have some ideas about improving the mapper, especially with regard to sharing {creating a room will assign it a GUUID that can not be changed, but can be read from Lua scripts, so that changes between similar maps can be distinguished} but that is a medium to long term idea at the moment.

I also have code/scripts that I originally designed for TinTin++(and patches for that which Scandum did not adopt) and which will be compatible with that client to hash the Room Description so that the hash and the room name can disambiguate all but the rooms that share the same - e.g. Wisdom's houses - it is fast enough to track your location in real time but does make the Variables part of Mudlet a bit sluggish. It is not fully integrated with Groderick´s mapper though so will need some more work, but the idea is that you can tell someone that you are, say at ¨Tower Square¨ {30F7} and they can work out where you are even if they do not have the same map, as long as they have the same Room Description (for one of the Tar Valon fountains)...

Anyhow - I hope to return someday with a finished Mudlet location-tracking module/package - and try and gain what I hope will be a Brown Shawl.

Accepted Jomin
A.k.a. SlySven - a Mudlet Maker

Aragorn

Post by Aragorn » Thu Feb 01, 2018 1:25 pm

Jomin,

Adael's map is probably the best MudLet map atm.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/b5k3mwonr3ap ... P4IUa?dl=0