Mudlet Mapper Testing

... A place to ask for help on any topic whether it be starting out to player killing to IT issues.
Adael

Re: Mudlet Mapper Testing

Post by Adael » Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:17 am

UPDATE:

Edited a few of the mapper functions (nothing that should change functionality to someone not actively mapping an area...I'll try to update the list one post up at some point), and added a map of the mud I've been working on.

This map should include most everything that is:
South of stedding/elbow
South of decaying choke
South of Irinjavar

Exclusions to that (places I haven't gotten to, as I only have one char and can only do so much running around on LS with 99 pick/search + minimal pk and survival skills): Falme, Aiel Waste, Tremalking, IOMM, any SS heavy places (Seandar is back now, ya? So haven't gotten to that yet), blight tunnels, Kobal Keep/H'Krreth, smobs which I'd need a group to get the key for, Mantelar's tomb s of Amador (which I haven't been able to find), any new smobs in ~recently changed areas that I don't know about, and perhaps a few out of the place areas I don't know about. Feel free to send me directions to things you find missing and I can add them/update the map.

At the moment, I've lost approximately 10 levels/kits, and way too much time exploring :P . I'm probably gonna take a break until I have time to devote to leveling Adael back up, and then make a troll to finish mapping n zones. I'm tired of logging on at off hours trying to look around with enough search/pick to actually explore, only to run into DS and die stupidly bc I'm not set up for pk :oops: .

Link to updated files:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/b5k3mwonr3ap ... P4IUa?dl=0

Mariel

Post by Mariel » Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:36 pm

I shall help you XP! Keep it going with the map!

Taziar

Post by Taziar » Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:06 am

You ever see this on the mudlet forums Adael? Convert cMUD map to Mudlet.

https://forums.mudlet.org/scripts-packa ... t2274.html

Firimei Lang

Post by Firimei Lang » Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:22 am

I really wanted to change to mullet, since i use a mac and Cmud through Wine bottler drains the battery some.

Adael

Post by Adael » Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:51 pm

Mariel wrote:I shall help you XP! Keep it going with the map!
Oh please yes lol
Taziar wrote:You ever see this on the mudlet forums Adael? Convert cMUD map to Mudlet.

https://forums.mudlet.org/scripts-packa ... t2274.html
I have (someone else brought it up in the past). I'd have to take time to read through the threads, then look at the script, then understand how cmud stores its data, and how that script takes the relevant data and makes a map for mudlet out of it. Then I'd have to see how/where it stores the description/door/etc data in the room and whether that's compatible with the mapping script or whether I'd have to tweak it. It was too much work for me :P
Firimei Lang wrote:I really wanted to change to mullet, since i use a mac and Cmud through Wine bottler drains the battery some.
What's been stopping you so far?

Firimei Lang

Post by Firimei Lang » Wed Nov 22, 2017 2:26 am

A whole new concept and so forth. Usually people stick with what they know.

Jocelyn

Post by Jocelyn » Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:39 am

How do I add this map and all these scripts to my mudlet client on Apple?

Adael

Post by Adael » Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:44 pm

Download the scripts/triggers/aliases (.xml files) to somewhere on your computer (desktop probably works), along with the map (.dat) .

Open mudlet, go to the package manager (it's in the row of big buttons at the top of the screen), and install the scripts/triggers/aliases from wherever you saved them.

Then go to options (its a little button on the top left), preferences, mapper, load another map file in:, then find the map file from whatever location you saved it to.

You may have to restart mudlet after that to make sure some variables get set properly.

Post again if you have any issues!

Adael

Post by Adael » Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:08 pm

I seem to remember fixing a few minor things with scripts/aliases/triggers (I disremember what it was off the top of my head :? ...likely just aesthetics) randomly over the past few weeks, so updated those files.

Updated the map file as well.
This map should include most everything that is:
South of stedding/elbow
South of decaying choke
South of Irinjavar

Exclusions to that (places I haven't gotten to, as I only have one char and can only do so much running around on LS with 99 pick/search + minimal pk and survival skills): Falme, Aiel Waste, Tremalking, IOMM, any SS heavy places (Seandar is back now, ya? So haven't gotten to that yet), blight tunnels, Kobal Keep/H'Krreth, smobs which I'd need a group to get the key for, Mantelar's tomb s of Amador (which I haven't been able to find), any new smobs in ~recently changed areas that I don't know about, and perhaps a few out of the place areas I don't know about. Feel free to send me directions to things you find missing and I can add them/update the map.
Things I knocked off that todo list: IJ/Maradon/everything up to vial choke, Aiel Waste, Tremalking, IOMM, Jafar, Mantelar's tomb.

So it should now include most everything that is:
South of stedding/elbow
South of vial choke

Exclusions (places I haven't gotten to, as I only have one char and can only do so much running around on LS with 99 pick/search + minimal pk and survival skills): Falme, Seandar, blight tunnels, Kobal Keep/H'Krreth, smobs which I'd need a group to get the key for, any new smobs in ~recently changed areas that I don't know about.
I've been slowly going through checking zones with the maps posted on the wiki, and I believe I've made it through to include all rooms/doors shown on the wiki's maps (plus a few I found myself along the way ;) ). Feel free to send me directions to things you find missing and I can add them/update the map.

Mykael

Post by Mykael » Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:02 am

Thanks Adael! I am using these scripts and maps. Love them!