Coming Back to the Game

... A place to ask for help on any topic whether it be starting out to player killing to IT issues.
Post Reply
Aedu
Posts: 4
Joined: Sat Jan 08, 2022 3:40 am

Coming Back to the Game

Post by Aedu » Thu Jan 13, 2022 11:16 am

Hello Everyone,

I wanted to inqury about practices since somethings have changed since I've been away from the mud.

I went by what was considered good back in the days for practices but honestly what should an abser practice beyond basics like bash to 99%, weapon to 99%, ride to atleast level 6.

I have survial not sure to what percent right now. I have notice and track and search also to a decent percent.

it seems like I could use my practices to better measures to today's mud standards. I have look on Wiki and been searching but honestly ... I know I used to have attack even though I'm not a rogue for the pure chance I might hit twice in one attack.

thanks for any feedback.

Aedu al'Greyson

Gretchen
Posts: 402
Joined: Thu Mar 26, 2015 1:00 pm

Re: Coming Back to the Game

Post by Gretchen » Thu Jan 13, 2022 12:33 pm

talk to me in game ill help

rahda
Posts: 23
Joined: Sun Nov 29, 2015 6:06 pm

Re: Coming Back to the Game

Post by rahda » Thu Jan 13, 2022 5:01 pm

See Gretchen in game! She'll be better at it than me....

just wanted to say welcome back!

Aedu
Posts: 4
Joined: Sat Jan 08, 2022 3:40 am

Re: Coming Back to the Game

Post by Aedu » Thu Jan 13, 2022 9:52 pm

Thank You Gretchen and radha (hope I spelled that right).

Transitioning to a new job so will mostly be on in the mornings. I will look for you Gretchen. I've been playing on two lowbies right now just exploring trying to find the places I hear over the narrates when Pk is going on. When practicily no-one is on. Learning how to use Adael's wotpackage.

Like I hear CTF all the time on narrates and have found several places with that same name. So, not sure if I'm learning the area everyone keeps mentioning.

I'm glad to be back but I was never good at PK before I would like to learn more so I can get better at it.

Thanks for the welcome. Off to the job now.

Kordin
Posts: 617
Joined: Wed Feb 18, 2015 5:17 pm

Re: Coming Back to the Game

Post by Kordin » Fri Jan 14, 2022 2:23 am

Aedu wrote:
Thu Jan 13, 2022 9:52 pm

Like I hear CTF all the time on narrates and have found several places with that same name. So, not sure if I'm learning the area everyone keeps mentioning.
CTF - Capture The Flag

In-game there are patrols (1 leader with 2 minions) who can be "flipped" once you kill all 3 mobs and scalp the leader. You get 1 Turn Point and after a few seconds a new patrol is spawned. Which mobs spawn depend on who scalps on what character.

There are also a few places that are CTFs like Jehannah, Baerlon and Kandori Fortress. Those require from 2-3 people up to 1-2 full groups, depending on which one it is and opposition, if any. It's a multi-step flip and in cases like Jehannah and Baerlon the shops and rent there are still LS, but all guard mobs and head mobs are on the side that flips is.

That's more or less it :)

Grabel
Posts: 193
Joined: Thu May 21, 2015 8:27 pm

Re: Coming Back to the Game

Post by Grabel » Sat Jan 15, 2022 7:36 am

basic pracs for an abser:
weapon 99%
bash 99%
survival lvl 7
ride lvl 7
89-91 notice

Everything aside from that is extra, but i recommend at least a little search, and track to 86+ if you are a hunter. I would aim to get my notice up by level 20 generally.

Aedu
Posts: 4
Joined: Sat Jan 08, 2022 3:40 am

Re: Coming Back to the Game

Post by Aedu » Sat Jan 15, 2022 8:24 am

Kordin wrote:
Fri Jan 14, 2022 2:23 am

CTF - Capture The Flag

In-game there are patrols (1 leader with 2 minions) who can be "flipped" once you kill all 3 mobs and scalp the leader. You get 1 Turn Point and after a few seconds a new patrol is spawned. Which mobs spawn depend on who scalps on what character.

There are also a few places that are CTFs like Jehannah, Baerlon and Kandori Fortress. Those require from 2-3 people up to 1-2 full groups, depending on which one it is and opposition, if any. It's a multi-step flip and in cases like Jehannah and Baerlon the shops and rent there are still LS, but all guard mobs and head mobs are on the side that flips is.

That's more or less it :)
Thanks Kordin!! That makes more sense now. I always listen to narrates to try and learn for areas that I need to try and check out. Even if my lowbies die while exploring. I have started to log so that I can go back over stuff. I never really PK'd when I played before - it was something I wanted to learn. Mostly was a role-player. (ooc) This alt has a backstory and everything - my lowbies don't yet.

Aedu
Posts: 4
Joined: Sat Jan 08, 2022 3:40 am

Re: Coming Back to the Game

Post by Aedu » Sat Jan 15, 2022 8:32 am

Grabel wrote:
Sat Jan 15, 2022 7:36 am
basic pracs for an abser:
weapon 99%
bash 99%
survival lvl 7
ride lvl 7
89-91 notice

Everything aside from that is extra, but i recommend at least a little search, and track to 86+ if you are a hunter. I would aim to get my notice up by level 20 generally.
I may set up a prac reset to make sure I have all that - nice basic information. Doesn't seem like much has changed from when I first played.

I guess my next question would be about axes since that is the weapon I prefer on my main alt. Has anything changed with axes? Which ones are decent? Which one has a decent bash? Has the landing percentage changed? Is it better to have a one-handed axe with a shield? Or do the double handed axes perform better?

Kordin
Posts: 617
Joined: Wed Feb 18, 2015 5:17 pm

Re: Coming Back to the Game

Post by Kordin » Sat Jan 15, 2022 9:09 am

Aedu wrote:
Sat Jan 15, 2022 8:32 am
Grabel wrote:
Sat Jan 15, 2022 7:36 am
basic pracs for an abser:
weapon 99%
bash 99%
survival lvl 7
ride lvl 7
89-91 notice

Everything aside from that is extra, but i recommend at least a little search, and track to 86+ if you are a hunter. I would aim to get my notice up by level 20 generally.
I may set up a prac reset to make sure I have all that - nice basic information. Doesn't seem like much has changed from when I first played.

I guess my next question would be about axes since that is the weapon I prefer on my main alt. Has anything changed with axes? Which ones are decent? Which one has a decent bash? Has the landing percentage changed? Is it better to have a one-handed axe with a shield? Or do the double handed axes perform better?
Bash, charge, etc calculators - https://writtenrealms.com/wot/playground/bash

Current weapon stats after recent wave of changes (v2 are current) - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... edit#gid=0

ABS - you generally want 2h weapon, weapon weight matters for bash
If you're aiming for combo, then 1h and shield in general

Gretchen
Posts: 402
Joined: Thu Mar 26, 2015 1:00 pm

Re: Coming Back to the Game

Post by Gretchen » Sat Jan 15, 2022 11:33 am

Aedu wrote:
Thu Jan 13, 2022 9:52 pm
Thank You Gretchen and radha (hope I spelled that right).

Transitioning to a new job so will mostly be on in the mornings. I will look for you Gretchen. I've been playing on two lowbies right now just exploring trying to find the places I hear over the narrates when Pk is going on. When practicily no-one is on. Learning how to use Adael's wotpackage.

Like I hear CTF all the time on narrates and have found several places with that same name. So, not sure if I'm learning the area everyone keeps mentioning.

I'm glad to be back but I was never good at PK before I would like to learn more so I can get better at it.

Thanks for the welcome. Off to the job now.
so learning zones and stuff just takes a bit of time i can give you a tour of any zone u want and point out common names people use a note worthy spots to remember but the best way to learn is to pk in them dont be shy about jumping on a higher level char and throwing on some abs then pk till u die its the best way to learn and equipment is a lot more common now

Post Reply