CLIENT: Dump of mudlet related things for y'all

The place with help files for new players, weapon and equipment stats and other pertinent information for players of all levels and experience.
Adael

Re: Dump of mudlet related things for y'all

Post by Adael » Fri Feb 05, 2021 7:03 pm

Updated the comms triggers with rats and ravens for those of you who get them. If the roomname reported is unique, you should be able to click on it to center the map on that room.

"wotpack install communications triggers" should grab the newest version.

Let me know if there's any issues, cheers :)

Adael

Post by Adael » Fri Mar 05, 2021 1:12 am

Updated the map with camp zone changes, the new entrance to Ilsae, and some fixed room descriptions.

"map update" should cover you, assuming you're using the wotpack handler. Check the first page or github.com/weisluke/WoTMUD otherwise for more info :)

arston

Post by arston » Fri Mar 05, 2021 2:22 am

is there a way to update it that doesnt also erase any labels we created on the map? I tend to like posting notes on where to find things i want to get to again but when I use map update it erases them

arston

Post by arston » Fri Mar 05, 2021 2:22 am

also thanks Adael!

Adael

Post by Adael » Fri Mar 05, 2021 11:07 am

There isn’t at the moment, to my knowledge :(.
I believe this is something that one of the Mudlet developers is working on at the moment though.

Jomin

Post by Jomin » Sun Mar 14, 2021 11:34 pm

As that Mudlet developer I can tell you that with the recently released Mudlet 4.11.0, erm actaully 4.11.1 now, there are a couple of Lua functions that have made it into the arsenal of it's end-user scripting capabilities:
  • saveJsonMap(...) will export the currently loaded map (in its entirety, i.e. with everything that is contained in the binary map file) as a (sorted) JSON (a structured text format) file.
  • loadJsonMap(...) will import the same type of file replacing the existing map.
This means that you can compare and edit two map files with text comparison tools, e.g. on *nix platforms with things like diff and meld (for comparison and editing respectively) and see the differences. It also means that the file could be stored in a git repository (e.g. https://github.com/weisluke/WoTMUD ) and changes viewed in a human readable form. So, for instance, I think you could export you current map (with your own additional stuff) and try (with meld) to incorporate the changes between that and a copy of Adael's latest that has also been exported into that JSON format...

As such, this is a starting point and probably only going to be helpful for those with a coding background but it should help towards making things easier for collaborative mapping.

Adael

Post by Adael » Fri Mar 19, 2021 11:43 pm

Posted an updated map with the new SS smob zone (viewtopic.php?f=3&t=14118). Cheers!

Adael

Post by Adael » Wed Mar 31, 2021 9:28 pm

Fixed a small bug I'd forgotten about from ages past in the "vote WoTMUD" script/alias. Probably noone has been getting a reminder to vote for the mud when they log on...:(

If you want such a reminder, "wotpack install vote wotmud" should get ya started, and within a day or two you'll get a reminder to vote if it's been more than 24 hours since you logged on via mudlet :)

EDIT: the message will pop up in red on the logon screen like this. You can type what it says, or click on the line and the webpage to the vote link will open.

[ INFO ] - A connection has been established successfully.

(wotmudmapper): Loading map configurations.
(wotmudmapper): Map configurations loaded.
It has been over 24 hours since you voted!
Click here or type "vote WoTMUD" to vote now.

The Wheel Of Time MUD
Mark IV

Updated and Maintained by
Flash, Ingtar, Mournblade, & Zun

Adael

Post by Adael » Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:03 pm

Uploaded an updated map. Reverts camp zone back, fixes some rooms that had their names/descs changed, and added a couple new rooms I encountered. Cheers! :)

Adael

Post by Adael » Tue Apr 20, 2021 7:49 pm

Some minor updates to aliases and scripts for the mapper.

Put in a fix that ~tries~ to reduce the issue where the door commands stop working and you have to "resetqueue". Probably not a complete fix, but it doesn't seem to break anything at least :P. "wotpack install mapper" should get ya up and running with it :)