Ouch! That really did HURT!

... tales of great battles, stealthy adversaries and improving your PK skills. Careful though, no whining!
Prykor

Re: Ouch! That really did HURT!

Post by Prykor » Tue Oct 25, 2022 1:58 pm

Morella wrote:
Tue Oct 25, 2022 1:45 pm

For what it’s worth this is a strong indicator someone is using a chase trigger. Sometimes if you spam a dir when someone flees you can replicate it but that’s guesswork in multiexit rooms
with my ~500 ms delay and old man reaction speeds, most who try are are able to do that to me. Ghast's reaction speeds and quickness at typing commands has surprised me on several occasions -- being chased being one of the more common place situations :P

In a general sense, when they are spamming at a choke there is a fairly good chance that they will wait for you to try to force your way through rather than to chase and risk letting you get by for free, but in that case there was a solo troll clearly blocking so it would be safe to assume the fade is going to chase.

Anyhow, still quite the ouch.

Gretchen

Post by Gretchen » Tue Oct 25, 2022 2:23 pm

isabel wrote:
Tue Oct 25, 2022 10:41 am
I think Gretchen is talking about controlled fleeing. The idea is you flee and get caught as expected in a better dline room (hence why she says you have better dlines from the other rooms).

I don't know how all this is with fleelag changes but speaking as someone with one of the slowest links here, it is still far better to control flee than random unless you are in abs with 10 hp :p
unless you flee like 9 times or something in a tic then flee lag is minimal with high will, though it builds up fast after that

isabel

Post by isabel » Wed Oct 26, 2022 7:39 am

It's not a chase trigger indicator unless both players have similar regions. Like for me it's rare that I can walk after a flee.

Also I can only do control fleeing 3ish times before I get bashed (non fc) or flame striked (on an fc) so there's still an element of luck.

Ghast has a really fast link - i remember because he had the assumption that a flee stab is not something you can do nothing about besides leaving ..because with his link it's not.

Kilgore

Post by Kilgore » Wed Oct 26, 2022 11:31 am

isabel wrote:
Wed Oct 26, 2022 7:39 am
Ghast has a really fast link - i remember because he had the assumption that a flee stab is not something you can do nothing about besides leaving ..because with his link it's not.

That's an assumption and he's wrong about it. If it's PONR between the opponent flee and you exiting combat then you cannot do anything about a flee-stab.

There's no element of luck in things you are describing. It is directly related to character management. And unless I miss when you are playing this game, I doubt that your recollections are grounded in facts. The flee problems you are describing belong to trollocs.

Gretchen

Post by Gretchen » Wed Oct 26, 2022 6:57 pm

i have fought flee stabers a lot like 3 o4 at a time trying to stab me if u start spamming when they start fleeing with 99 notice its really really hard for them to land in the tiny tiny window but not impossible

isabel

Post by isabel » Thu Oct 27, 2022 10:52 am

Kilgore wrote:
Wed Oct 26, 2022 11:31 am
I doubt that your recollections are grounded in facts.
Always been impossible to convince someone of a reality they don't have access to - but I am sure you know more about the game than I do. I can only go by what I calculate as I play - for instance here around the 22 second mark you'll see my 2nd or 3rd flee get flame strike because of the delay.

https://youtu.be/31nnhBI0x-I

Kilgore

Post by Kilgore » Thu Oct 27, 2022 11:08 am

isabel wrote:
Thu Oct 27, 2022 10:52 am
Kilgore wrote:
Wed Oct 26, 2022 11:31 am
I doubt that your recollections are grounded in facts.
https://youtu.be/31nnhBI0x-I
You are slow or your link is slow and you don't know when Teveyl entered command. Likely he did it immediately upon entering at the flame strike at 19 seconds, the second flee.

On the following encounter, the third flee, you let your timer run for four pulses before fleeing. If he started flame strike immediately after entering room he would be around 5 pulses into his flame strike before you begin your attempt.

This will come off as rude, but you clearly overthink both of your choices in the moment you reference and cancelled your action. An immediate flee and a flame strike going from Teveyl would not land. When you are talking about fleelag it matters whether or not you have committed to the flee or the attempt to channel.

In both instances you waffled and that's why you took damage. You did not take damage because of fleelag.

isabel

Post by isabel » Thu Oct 27, 2022 12:45 pm

If you pause it at 2:44 you'll maybe get an idea of the delay for my command to go through - is entered before he enters and melees and starts his weave - but his weave finishes first.

Thats the delay I mean which gets added to the (standard) fleelag. Hence works out to 3 flees approximately.

You're basically saying I'm lying and/or delusional and/or a bad/slow player, so I'll leave it at that.

Enjoy the game.

Kilgore

Post by Kilgore » Thu Oct 27, 2022 12:57 pm

No, mostly just suggesting you don't know what you're talking about.

Enjoy the forums.

Stomp

Post by Stomp » Thu Oct 27, 2022 8:22 pm

You too!