Stab Thread

... tales of great battles, stealthy adversaries and improving your PK skills. Careful though, no whining!
dager

Re: Stab Thread

Post by dager » Fri May 14, 2021 2:39 am

Defending keep, they're trying to trap me in 2 different doors(Fyves is 1w of this stab, which i went around and scanned from above multiple times). Apparently I'm supposed to know that yoddeling in my room a bunch while he has a group spamming inside doors is him saying ominas is linkdead and not him trying to bait me into a door yet again(which he's done multiple times with similar actions, i dont learn).
Also apparently "returned" my gear lugard fade (where there was a gold ring, 2 necks and some useless junk) to feel better about themselves.

c
bac h.light
A Pile of Decaying Skeletons
[ obvious exits: E S ]
South: A Tairen bloodstock stallion stands here, tail swaying with the breeze.
A brown sack has been left here.
A Kno'mon trolloc tracks you with his reddened eyes, snorting with battle lust.
A towering bull-headed abomination bellows orders at the horde.

* S HP:Wounded MV:Strong > [hide ]
You attempt to hide yourself.

* S HP:Wounded MV:Strong > Backstab who?

* S HP:Wounded MV:Strong > s
c
bac h.light
The Courtyard
[ obvious exits: N E S W ]
A lantern has been left here.
A Tairen bloodstock stallion stands here, tail swaying with the breeze.
*Relena* has arrived from the south.

* S HP:Wounded MV:Strong > [hide ]
You attempt to hide yourself.
*Relena* tries to lead a bloodstock stallion.
A bloodstock stallion has an indifferent look.

You silently approach your victim...

=
*Relena* tries to lead a bloodstock stallion.
A bloodstock stallion has an indifferent look.

*Relena* makes a strange sound as you place a dagger of green jade in her back!
*Relena* winces in pain.
*Relena* panics, and attempts to flee!
*Relena* leaves south.

o S HP:Wounded MV:Strong > '
'
'

*Draz* has arrived from the south, riding a warhorse.
*Yaan* has arrived from the south, riding a warhorse.
*Relena* has arrived from the south.

* S HP:Wounded MV:Strong > [k light]
*Draz* moves swiftly to protect *Relena*.
You tickle *Draz*'s body with your PIERCE.

* S HP:Wounded MV:Strong - Draz: Beaten > [k light]
You do the best you can!

* S HP:Wounded MV:Strong - Draz: Beaten > [k light]
You do the best you can!

* S HP:Wounded MV:Strong - Draz: Beaten >
*Yaan* tries to SLASH you, but you deflect the blow.

* S HP:Wounded MV:Strong - Draz: Beaten > change mood wimpy
You PIERCE *Draz*'s left leg.
Mood changed to: Wimpy

f
* S HP:Wounded MV:Strong - Draz: Beaten > e

*Yaan* tries to SLASH you, but you parry successfully.
*Draz* SMITES your right arm extremely hard.
You barely PIERCE *Draz*'s right leg.
*Relena* tries to STRIKE you, but you deflect the blow.

You panic and attempt to flee!z: Beaten >

Draz

Post by Draz » Fri May 14, 2021 3:08 am

Ominas was quite clear when he asked for a message to be passed to you that it was what people hadn't taken, unsure if more was taken after he dropped it.

There was no need or requirement for us to have returned on a completely legit kill.

Given Ominas was high hps and the state of stab at this time I find it incredibly unlikely that you stabbed him hurt to dead.

Doors was after over 10minutes of various bouncing, yodelling, and yelling without you so much as acknowledging in any way other than trying to run stab after stab.

You're fun to pk against, made some very good calls, and generally didn't firetruck up there, but you killed someone who was LD and ignored every chortlesnorfling effort that was made to tell you they were. Don't kid yourself that the situation is anything other than that.

Draz

Post by Draz » Fri May 14, 2021 3:15 am

And yes you did have bad timing walking in on 7 of us Lugard, it wasn't set as a trap.

dager

Post by dager » Fri May 14, 2021 4:04 am

i didnt walk in on you in lugard, i walked into zone and scanned you from outside of room and a person instantly ran past to north gate and one went to east and west, i didnt check south gate until later. Perhaps for the "good of the game" i should have stood still so that Ominas could instantly realise that i should be left alive standing still "LD".

You came into keep with 4 and stood in rockpen then expect me to not think it's your usual trap?(think back on how long you've spent baiting me into rockpen in the past) People did not come into rockpen later, i scanned them there when first saw any smells keep.

I had some newbie log on and abuse me and say I'd never stab someone if he was trying to kill me(he was trying to kill me less than 10 seconds before stabbed him) and asking if i was going to return gear and then said my gear was "returned" at lugard fade. That's the first i knew anything about it.

Draz

Post by Draz » Fri May 14, 2021 4:44 am

Frankly everything about this has left a sour taste and I think you're just trying to defend your kill of someone who was LD.

I left the others rockpen while finding you again and again and not engaging, bouncing, yodelling, and yelling having asked multiple people to get messages onto DS to you. Rockpen is a good trap - in pk where people are actively moving around. Not when someone isn't so much as engaging on you and keeps bouncing in your room as you continue to hide and run stabs.

Angkar

Post by Angkar » Fri May 14, 2021 4:46 am

dager wrote:
Fri May 14, 2021 4:04 am
i didnt walk in on you in lugard
You did. Zone sense is one of the most powerful bonuses in the game.

All they need to do is spam where for safety, artifice and guile are no counter to it.

dager

Post by dager » Fri May 14, 2021 5:06 am

Draz wrote:
Fri May 14, 2021 4:44 am
Frankly everything about this has left a sour taste and I think you're just trying to defend your kill of someone who was LD.

I left the others rockpen while finding you again and again and not engaging, bouncing, yodelling, and yelling having asked multiple people to get messages onto DS to you. Rockpen is a good trap - in pk where people are actively moving around. Not when someone isn't so much as engaging on you and keeps bouncing in your room as you continue to hide and run stabs.
Yes, i had a very sour taste, reap what you sow.
Rock pen is a fuckin terrible trap and shouldnt exist.
Angkar wrote:
Fri May 14, 2021 4:46 am
You did. Zone sense is one of the most powerful bonuses in the game.

All they need to do is spam where for safety, artifice and guile are no counter to it.
Perhaps i should have specified 3 non gaidin instantly ran gates without engaging anything.
You keep avoiding pk, smobing your qps and tps and ominas can keep calling people fuckin pathetic, I'll continue not feeling bad if kill any of you.

If there was any polite manners involved maybe you'd get something returned or achieve something.
(I dont call bringing a group into a spamable door you regularly kill people in and screaming abuse at me anything remotely close to manners)

Draz

Post by Draz » Fri May 14, 2021 5:24 am

I didn't scream abuse at you; nor did I spit on you despite solidly considering it for the first time in years after eventually, finally, after chortlesnorfling forever, giving up that you would respond in any way about what was clearly an OOC message

Assholes like you and attitudes like this are what really fucks this game sideways.

I pk every day - in this specific case you came after a tower smob group who went smobbing as there was no pk.
Yep no way that was going to go badly. You are well aware of zone sense.

Yes right - so killing someone LD and being an asshole about it - and honestly I suspect doctoring logs to hide it is at all in the same ballpark.

Draz

Post by Draz » Fri May 14, 2021 5:31 am

*sigh* sorry for what I said about a doctored log
I haven't seen people using jade and my experience with stab is that everyone is stabbing for dung - completely possible that you stabbed him dead with your scratched jade dagger.

Angkar

Post by Angkar » Fri May 14, 2021 6:05 am

Draz wrote:
Fri May 14, 2021 5:31 am
scratched jade dagger.
Has no affect on stab damage. I used blunt dirks plenty of times, no noticeable difference in a large amount of stabs.