Uber fun

... tales of great battles, stealthy adversaries and improving your PK skills. Careful though, no whining!
blokhed

Uber fun

Post by blokhed » Tue Feb 14, 2017 7:24 pm

DS sucks.

Elokar

Re: Uber fun

Post by Elokar » Tue Feb 14, 2017 8:31 pm

Agreed. We might as well all play the same side and just smob together now.

Brocas

Post by Brocas » Tue Feb 14, 2017 8:43 pm

So what happened? Death and destruction to all? This thread reminds me of vaguebook

Rig

Post by Rig » Tue Feb 14, 2017 8:47 pm

Elokar wrote:Agreed. We might as well all play the same side and just smob together now.
Smobbing fkin sucks. Let's RP.

blokhed

Post by blokhed » Tue Feb 14, 2017 9:53 pm

Eh, Log on, only 1 person out of 7 answering on DS, I go raid rack Malk, get 1 LSer out to PK, within a tic another LSer shows up so I flee about a bit to mobs in maybe 2 tics time, then run beat to Camp. Then another LSer shows up. Flee out of camp but get caught up west df choke and die. A few calls of help to get some group PK started but DS just afking or something.

I'm no heavy PKer and my 3-5 minutes playing/mudding was utterly wasted. Hell it wasn't even drunk-worthy PK, this actually sobered my multiple pints up. So I left and played a different game.

Just so its explained.

Maegon

Post by Maegon » Tue Feb 14, 2017 10:26 pm

Happens on LS sometimes too. Hopefully real pk picks up again soon.

Sarryn

Post by Sarryn » Wed Feb 15, 2017 1:01 am

Hah I hear ya blokhed. I logged on the other day with my spiffy new heron. I had just repracced to, yay excited! I think let's go get some pk started! I find Loomis n ent blight. He sits there and gets destroyed to crit me scratched. Doesn't flee once in this time. So yeah obvious sign of bait. He runs gap into MT. A trap! How exciting I think. And I walk in and find evisc and puny of course waiting. I expected lykan so I'll give small praise for that surprise. Safe to say I died quick and easy.

Why do I share this you ask?! Not because I'm bitter or mad. It's because I proved to myself that this game holds little to no fun for me anymore. I knew I would die and lose my pretty little text and omgozerz tav status. But I would make someone's day doing so. And with that I came to peace with myself. Why continually do something that's not fun for you anymore? I learned a lot about myself in this little escapade. I play out of boredom, and it doesn't give me enjoyment.

So enlightened I gave my girlfriend (and family etc) the best gift she could ask for. Me attempting to quit something that steals time from everyone including myself. Will I suceed? Who knows, haven't in the past. But at the very least, I made her very happy. And I'm sure those guys were happy to. Heck I bet I'm making more people happy by reading this. I spent time while she was at work prepping chars for hibernation. So yeah it's been a wonderful Valentine's day. I hope all of yours was great aswell.

Time is the only thing I want you to take from this rambling. I'm not posting for attention or to whine. I'm posting because I'm happy with my decision. Recently I've learned my uncle has stage 4 cancer. Very advanced and spread throughout multiple locations. You really take a step back when you hear this. You think about your life a lot. I've played a fair amount since that. To get away from life and it's problems. It took me a bit but I've realized I use this game not for fun but an escape.

Time is the most precious thing we have. How are you using yours? Are you happy with it? Be happy and use yours well. Spend it doing something you enjoy, or with others you enjoy being around. I hope you all have fun and are happy in whatever you do. Peace out, for the foreseeable future at the very least! Codee

Razhak

Post by Razhak » Wed Feb 15, 2017 4:43 am

Nobody ever quits...

But good luck trying ;) :)

Morris

Post by Morris » Wed Feb 15, 2017 9:48 am

See ya in 2 weeks.

Lykan

Post by Lykan » Wed Feb 15, 2017 9:50 am

I was TKD when that happened, Sarryn, but knew you'd be extra-upset if I came :p

Good luck with everything, bud.