Fear of the abs FC

... tales of great battles, stealthy adversaries and improving your PK skills. Careful though, no whining!
Morella

Re: Fear of the abs FC

Post by Morella » Sun Apr 02, 2023 9:18 pm

Dixon wrote:
Sun Apr 02, 2023 8:54 pm
Was Byrg Bearnedryl and Porka chasing Baran into fd solo. I was afkish and saw and proceeded to evict them out of Fal Dara. Bena showed up as Byrg fled out Dog and Bearnedryl vanished (assuming out dog also?). But this has been Byrg's way of pking for a while now. He goes for "easy kills" but refuses to fight if something challenging appears. Past few days specifically Byrg has refused to pk relatively simple pk. I had 30 hp at one point and Bena was beat in abs. Byrg just sat a patty. So i'm sure this post is just the tolerance for Byrg being a giant chicken dung llama being spent.
So you're saying that the people who chased into the LS city were going for an "easy kill" except one of them died and then they left when there were three of you.

What's the opposite of a post-death whine?

jeb

Post by jeb » Sun Apr 02, 2023 9:50 pm

byrg wrote:
Sun Apr 02, 2023 9:03 pm
This "so and so didn't pk the way I wanted so im going to go pk on the forums instead" is just hilarious. Its a game, we all enjoy different things, we all have different skill levels and risk tolerances, we all do stupid dung, we all get mad - me worse than several on that point. But yeah, this time? Porka dies in fd, bearnadryl barely makes it by jumping, bleeding... and then a fc walks in. I don't really care if they're "just an abs fc" at that point, im not staying to hand you a free kill of the bleeding troll. So sorry you're upset by that.
This is the best Byrg post I've ever seen.

This log makes no sense to post publicly and is set to shame a fade without context. It is weird to join in and bash him without context. Cross race communication is generally terrible and if it doesn't contain RP it should not be done.

Axxye

Post by Axxye » Sun Apr 02, 2023 10:18 pm

The gateway opened into the Ruined Keep, and a dreadlord emerged followed by a shadow stallion. Inside this keep, the stench of rotting meat and the entertainment of juvenile trollocs killing each other for sport, there was a sudden message.

A rat, reporting to Axxye that Bena the Tower Accepted, Maximus the Shienaran Lancer, and Geom of the Queen's Guard are in the Blight. Along with this the cries of agony by Porka, a master of the Ghar'ghael clan, who now appears to be a honey-roasted ham by the looks of her wounds.

Snarling, the dreadlord mounted the stallion born from the Shadow, entering the Blight to immediately engage in combat. The witch Bena was struck with strikes of flame, and barely survived a massive fireball to the midsection. The others, Maximus and Geom, attempted to save this poor accepted who had made the mistake of entering the land of the Great Lord.

Running, as fast as she could, she traveled across the lands, Axxye in pursuit down the Dark Forest and into the Forested Borderlands, where the witch continued to run. As fast as the Dreadlord was, this particular Accepted was skilled in the REFRESH weave and running large distances.

Finally, the dreadlord approached the Shining Walls, seeing the tracks that the witch had left towards the city in her successful attempt to flee. Smirking to himself, he gathered that she had been fearful of her life with two other brave warriors around. That perhaps the fear of death was something that she had not experienced before, until this moment that encouraged the witch to travel as far as she did to safety.

Turning away from the Shining Walls, the dreadlord vanished into another gateway.

isabel

Post by isabel » Sun Apr 02, 2023 11:46 pm

People are free to pk how they wish, but pk is part of the roleplay of certain clans and certain sides.

We always hold lower ranks of tower clans and most clan apprentices to such exacting standards, we tell new players that they can't opt out of pk because that is the game, but

A fade can - in any and every situation - say "i think you have a chance to win, so I'm going to leave" and they can do this 10000x until people wil just see it as normal for them "x being x, what's new". An Aes Sedai can refuse to defend the Tower or Tar Valon and no one will question her.

This is where i feel there needs to be at least a modicum of parity in roleplay expectations, given that as players we are all equal even if our characters are at different ranks.

Honey

Post by Honey » Mon Apr 03, 2023 3:54 pm

Dixon wrote:
Sun Apr 02, 2023 8:54 pm
Was Byrg Bearnedryl and Porka chasing Baran into fd solo. I was afkish and saw and proceeded to evict them out of Fal Dara. Bena showed up as Byrg fled out Dog and Bearnedryl vanished (assuming out dog also?). But this has been Byrg's way of pking for a while now. He goes for "easy kills" but refuses to fight if something challenging appears. Past few days specifically Byrg has refused to pk relatively simple pk. I had 30 hp at one point and Bena was beat in abs. Byrg just sat a patty. So i'm sure this post is just the tolerance for Byrg being a giant chicken dung llama being spent.

"I sat "afkish" until I saw somebody come into a city and then decided to fight" is the weirdest way to start a post criticizing someone else.

Asandra

Post by Asandra » Mon Apr 03, 2023 4:06 pm

Let's also take a moment and appreciate how great Axxye's AI story turned out!