Projectile Logs

... tales of great battles, stealthy adversaries and improving your PK skills. Careful though, no whining!
Foil

Re: Projectile Logs

Post by Foil » Sat Nov 11, 2023 11:40 am

I can count how many times in 20+ years I have been killed by a projectile on one hand, I can count how many times I have been killed by stab using my fingers and toes, I would need an entire village of hands and feet to count the amount of times low health pk has been ruined by stupid channelers.

Mhaliah

Post by Mhaliah » Sat Nov 11, 2023 2:51 pm

Davor wrote:
Sat Nov 11, 2023 9:52 am
Is there projectile lag when you throw one?

If not why not? It’s basically a weave.

Should also be -100 db and -50 pb when casting.
There is a lag between the "throw" and it landing, if that is what you mean. And that lag increases as multiple throw commands are executed. I have not tested when it resets or PK effects or anything. That's just my experience with 50% throw killing crows and ravens.

Zeeb

Post by Zeeb » Sat Nov 11, 2023 4:29 pm

wizkill...

The Blighted Woods
The surrounding corrupted trees extend gnarled branches that lurk above.
Insects swarm through parched cracks in diseased trunks. Evergreens
which once bloomed impervious to the changing seasons stand shriveled,
dry and brown.
[ obvious exits: N S ]

* S HP:Battered MV:Winded >
Smoker narrates '104'

* S HP:Battered MV:Winded > narr they all w rotten
h
You narrate 'they all w rotten'

* S HP:Battered MV:Winded > a
[hide ]
You attempt to hide yourself.

* S HP:Battered MV:Winded > [backstab h.light]
Backstab who?

* S HP:Battered MV:Winded > s
h
a
The Blighted Woods
Scattered among the trees are the rounded mounds of earth which were the
ogier homesteads. The mounds appear to be natural formations in the ground,
but stone framed windows in the mounds betray their purpose.
[ obvious exits: N E S ]
*Taleena* is here, fighting the blighted tree, riding a bloodstock stallion.
*Williard* is here, fighting the blighted tree, riding a warhorse.
*Davor* is here, fighting the blighted tree, riding a bloodstock stallion.
The blighted tree is sitting here.
The blighted tree is sitting here.

* S HP:Battered MV:Winded > [hide ]
You attempt to hide yourself.

*Williard* stabs the blighted tree's branch into bloody fragments!
*Davor* slashes the blighted tree's roots into bloody fragments!
The blighted tree is dead! R.I.P.
Your blood freezes as you hear the blighted tree's death cry.
*Davor* slashes the blighted tree's trunk into bloody fragments!
[backstab h.light]
You silently approach your victim...

-
*Williard* stabs the blighted tree's trunk into bloody fragments!

+
*Taleena* strikes the blighted tree's trunk very hard.
*Davor* assumes an offensive striking posture.

-
*Taleena* strikes the blighted tree's trunk very hard.
*Williard* stabs the blighted tree's branch into bloody fragments!
*Davor* slashes the blighted tree's crown into bloody fragments!
The blighted tree is dead! R.I.P.
Your blood freezes as you hear the blighted tree's death cry.

Ooops. Your clumsy execution broadcasts your intentions.
*Taleena* panics, and attempts to flee!

* S HP:Battered MV:Winded - Taleena: Beaten >
*Williard* tries to stab you, but you deflect the blow.

* S HP:Battered MV:Winded - Taleena: Beaten >
*Taleena* leaves south riding a bloodstock stallion.
*Davor* slashes your left arm into bloody fragments!

+h
-
*Williard* tries to stab you, but you deflect the blow.

*Taleena* has arrived from the south, riding a bloodstock stallion.

*Taleena* tries to strike you, but you dodge the attack.

*Davor* sends you sprawling with a powerful bash!

*Taleena* strikes your body very hard.
*Davor* slashes your body into bloody fragments!
*Williard* stabs your head into bloody fragments!
You wish that your wounds would stop BLEEDING so much!

*Davor* slashes your body into bloody fragments!
You wish that your wounds would stop BLEEDING so much!

*someone* stabs your left hand into bloody fragments!
You are incapacitated and will slowly die, if not aided.

You're in no shape to flee!
[hide ]
You're in pretty bad shape, unable to do anything!

S HP:Critical MV:Winded >
You are dead! Sorry...
You feel the Weave of the Wheel loosen from you.
Ouch! You lose a level.

Davor

Post by Davor » Sat Nov 11, 2023 5:10 pm

Batt to dead is far from a wiz kill! Plus I serked on you so got attack rounds :)

Zeeb

Post by Zeeb » Sat Nov 11, 2023 5:34 pm

i know, was more saying it's my version of the stab wizkill, just punting my face into the bash for a 30% chance at glory

Jaster

Post by Jaster » Sat Nov 11, 2023 5:58 pm

Davor wrote:
Sat Nov 11, 2023 5:10 pm
Batt to dead is far from a wiz kill! Plus I serked on you so got attack rounds :)
That’s most stabs. So yeah, I guess that’s a wiz kill.
So is pkin an aes sedai while warder keeps getting spam healed.

Just hard to take seriously the notion coming from someone who mainly plays bonused channeler/dl to max the damage output and the other who just plays a bonused fade&warder all the time.

Davor

Post by Davor » Sat Nov 11, 2023 6:11 pm

Jaster wrote:
Sat Nov 11, 2023 5:58 pm
Davor wrote:

Just hard to take seriously the notion coming from someone who mainly plays bonused channeler/dl to max the damage output and the other who just plays a bonused fade&warder all the time.
I don't even understand your criticism of my choice of characters. I play a few hours a week/month at most, I do enjoy that it bothers you though. I don't have time to play or make another character - and I never will. The unique rule doesn't help to play other chars either. I congratulate you on still having the time to dedicate to make 100 more characters. Also, weren't you on your fade for this PK even though we were already outnumbered. It seems you're just upset that you didn't get the easy kill you're used to with your ganking and logging on when we are in Keep etc.

You don't really have to take it seriously. I don't think I am the only one who thinks rogue PK is terrible PK.

For this actual PK, we were both critical a few times and before you and your other colleagues joined it was already 7v4, then it became 9v4 and we still tried. You killed one and then well it was a bit too much at that point. Didn't you run inside FD on your warder to get heals from another channeler while your AS died outside? All my heals were from Taleena. So if shes healing me, thats less SPs for offensive. We die all the time, sorry it wasn't easier this time despite your huge advantage.

Davor

Post by Davor » Sat Nov 11, 2023 6:16 pm

Zeeb wrote:
Sat Nov 11, 2023 5:34 pm
i know, was more saying it's my version of the stab wizkill, just punting my face into the bash for a 30% chance at glory
I'm wondering if you had actually landed, would it have killed her? You have to stab through her Hps and mine? I think I was wounded maybe which is 200 or so hps. If it was a 350 hp stab could have slain us both. Or does stab blick the bonded AS if she runs out of hps?

Jaster

Post by Jaster » Sat Nov 11, 2023 7:17 pm

Davor wrote:
Sat Nov 11, 2023 6:11 pm
Jaster wrote:
Sat Nov 11, 2023 5:58 pm
Davor wrote:

I don't even understand your criticism of my choice of characters. I play a few hours a week/month at most, I do enjoy that it bothers you though. I don't have time to play or make another character - and I never will. The unique rule doesn't help to play other chars either. I congratulate you on still having the time to dedicate to make 100 more characters. Also, weren't you on your fade for this PK even though we were already outnumbered. It seems you're just upset that you didn't get the easy kill you're used to with your ganking and logging on when we are in Keep etc.

You don't really have to take it seriously. I don't think I am the only one who thinks rogue PK is terrible PK.

For this actual PK, we were both critical a few times and before you and your other colleagues joined it was already 7v4, then it became 9v4 and we still tried. You killed one and then well it was a bit too much at that point. Didn't you run inside FD on your warder to get heals from another channeler while your AS died outside? All my heals were from Taleena. So if shes healing me, thats less SPs for offensive. We die all the time, sorry it wasn't easier this time despite your huge advantage.
It doesnt really bother me. Just pointing out that you consistently complain about a class of characters when you yourself only play the most bonused class/clan of characters. You are the one consistently complaining about rogues and things you dont like. I get it. You just want to be able to roll your timers and play and not have to worry or pay attention much. Channelers freefuly rolling weave timers with wreckless abandon. You would think after all these years a rogue would be the least of your worries but alas here, we are. It is very seldom i get stabbed during pk, prac some notice and its pretty much good to go. As for rogue pk in general, i can agree it is not that fun. But the same can be said for fleebie channeler pk over and over during damage attrition until you are flee lagged and dead. However, rogues in pk, I don't see as a problem. I kinda look at them as the weaklinks in most cases.

Davor

Post by Davor » Sat Nov 11, 2023 7:54 pm

I agree with you! I also don’t get stabbed that often and that is because I am aware of them. I’m not saying ban them but obviously balance them, your assertion that I just never want them in PK so I can just roll is not really genuine because I consistently die just playing low and running out of hps - not really to stab. I also die 100x more than you so saying I just want to live is also silly. I just want more PK and prolonged PK and not random wiz kills. That said, I got blicked 3 weeks ago for 380 hps. I don’t think that should happen and certainly not with the frequency that one of our highest page threads is a stab thread. I also don’t think charge should consistently blick either.

I’m also ok with balance and so it’s not like I have some extreme hate for them. It’s just my thoughts on balance of pew pew. Increase landing % by 50% if you want. But make stab a % of hp unless the player is already below 100 or 150 hps. Then they can use projectiles and the already very high melee damage to finish a kill. Channelers have some balance issues of course but other than incinerate - still have to chase the kills down.

Time stab and flee stab is obviously just a hack if it’s not preventable.

These are just my thoughts. Nothing has really changed in the last 20 years and stab still is quite powerful so at the very least I am being consistent. 😀

We all have to hate something. For me it’s stab and Seanchan. Snicker.