bond is fair

... tales of great battles, stealthy adversaries and improving your PK skills. Careful though, no whining!
Feneon

Re: bond is fair

Post by Feneon » Thu Mar 02, 2023 4:28 pm

Aes Sedai willfully engaging in PK while their Warder is not present is unacceptable.
Gaidin engaging in PK while their Aes Sedai is not present, AFK somewhere, or whatever is unacceptable.

The above is not a text of a law up for debate, it should be obvious.

Relena or Draz, if either of you want to DM me on Discord or log on the game feel free. I'm AFK largely, but online.

I have not consistently applied judgment on these things and in the future a coding update will resolve most of these issues.

I will update this with a reply once I have spoken with them.

Feneon

Re: bond is fair

Post by Feneon » Fri Mar 03, 2023 8:49 pm

After speaking with Draz and Relena, we acknowledged their concerns regarding the log. Despite giving them the benefit of the doubt and assuming that they did not intend to cheat, we wanted to clarify our stance while we wait for coding changes. Surviving when you shouldn't because your bonding mate is online is also abuse.

If you are playing as a bonded pair and engage in PK where one partner gains a kill without any involvement from the other partner, we will deem it as abuse and request that you refrain from bonding until the coding changes are implemented. Should you choose to bond after the request, your character will be incarcerated until the changes are made.

While PK is a common activity on this game, we urge players to consider their partners' involvement and to coordinate together accordingly. It may seem trivial, but even a minute can make a significant difference in fair gameplay. It can be challenging to differentiate between impatience and cheating in the context of bonded pairs.

If PK finds you in the south, we do not expect you to abandon your allies out of fear of breaking the rules. However, we do expect that you do not take advantage of your bonded bonuses or lack of partner in gameplay situations. For instance, engaging in multi-bash using max-engage after a group rest with the intention of exploiting your bonuses.

In general, we will evaluate outcomes and consider intentions when enforcing the rules. We do not aim to discourage bonded pairs from playing or impose excessive restrictions, but we also prioritize maintaining fair gameplay for all players.