Sometimes the mud just hates you haha

... tales of great battles, stealthy adversaries and improving your PK skills. Careful though, no whining!
Rig

Re: Sometimes the mud just hates you haha

Post by Rig » Mon Aug 29, 2022 9:51 pm

More inclined for less ob than abs % downing.

Weapon damage is very high, makes combo pretty trashy even with ornate/fade plate/hauberk. I like that. Still a good chance you’re killing someone in abs bashed beaten with one person with wacko abs weapons and an sblader.

Combo/dodge I think would benefit more from a small nerf to OB since the parry nerf, but you’ll still have the damage that more than compensates for that loss.

Kryyg

Post by Kryyg » Mon Aug 29, 2022 10:58 pm

Abs needs to be downed with abs weapons being maintained as very strong. The abs set up should not be a survival set up but a maximum damage and best bash set up. One rounded bashes should be fixed.

Another set up abs that’s extremely heavy with significant malus to OB could be created for smobbers and tanking.

Rark

Post by Rark » Tue Aug 30, 2022 1:52 am

Kryyg wrote:
Mon Aug 29, 2022 10:58 pm
Abs needs to be downed with abs weapons being maintained as very strong. The abs set up should not be a survival set up but a maximum damage and best bash set up. One rounded bashes should be fixed.

Another set up abs that’s extremely heavy with significant malus to OB could be created for smobbers and tanking.
Those are terrible ideas.

erulak

Post by erulak » Tue Aug 30, 2022 8:54 am

Kryyg wrote:
Mon Aug 29, 2022 10:58 pm

Agreed. Problem right now isn't the output of ABS at all. It's the fact that you can tank with 85%-87% on top of the offensive output. If ABS is back down to a vulnerable 82% or whatever, it justifies those weapons being able to pop dodge the way they do right now and hit through combo defense with the frequency they do right now. Everyone taking more damage isn't a bad thing, it's just that abs absorbs too much of it right now.

Jestin

Post by Jestin » Wed Aug 31, 2022 9:34 am

Should just introduce abs rares (as rare as silver meds/etc) that you wear on your body or arms or whatever that kill db/pb so dodge/combo can't use but increases ob significantly. Also have abs rares that kill db/pb but increase abs significantly (similar to the steel abs or whatever but more rare). So people can choose but need to risk a rare to get the advantage.

So baseline should be ob how it is now with 82% ish abs, but you have the potential with a rare to get to even higher ob with 82% abs OR same ob with 87% abs.

Prykor

Post by Prykor » Wed Aug 31, 2022 12:18 pm

Jestin wrote:
Wed Aug 31, 2022 9:34 am
Should just introduce abs rares (as rare as silver meds/etc) that you wear on your body or arms or whatever that kill db/pb so dodge/combo can't use but increases ob significantly. Also have abs rares that kill db/pb but increase abs significantly (similar to the steel abs or whatever but more rare). So people can choose but need to risk a rare to get the advantage.

So baseline should be ob how it is now with 82% ish abs, but you have the potential with a rare to get to even higher ob with 82% abs OR same ob with 87% abs.
That is what I would love to see with the gold abs set. less absorption, but half the weight so you'd get a few more points of OB in the end. That said, the gold abs pieces are already used almost exclusively for combo set ups as is, and something like this would just make those set ups all the more powerful.

I can't say that I like the recent changes to Murgoz's steel plated abs set. They already were the 'rare' of the abs set. Unlike the Combo shirts...or the shields, or trinkets....they wear down quite fast already and that wear makes them troublesome. 3-4 repairs and you swap it out with a basic abs piece because the absorption will drop below a standard abs piece so quickly in combat. The trade off there was that Murgoz needs to be more common to compensate for their vastly limited use compared to other rare equipment. and unlike a rare weapon, you can't run a bit away from pk to oilstone for 20 seconds to get all of the usefulness back.
I would have preferred to see the murgoz abs pieces get a lot more durability, and be made a lot rarer overall to compensate. The extra trips to the blacksmith to mend will be even more of a pain now, and is sort of a step backwards with things at large. Abs pieces already decay so much faster than everything else (even after the durability bonus) just due to how durability works, which is offset (and fairly) by how easy abs is to get from smobs. A pristine abs set is a bit of a challenge to get, and only really stays that way for 1-2 pk sessions. It also makes a significant difference in surviving compared to the 80%-82% that you see a lot (if you loot and wear all.abseq from northern PK, anyway, rare to see an abser mending every 30 mins).

I think that I disagree with the sentiment of ABS absorbing too much -- Abs SHOULD be the strongest in the main fight match up. Why? because they are by far the weakest when trying to run away, and a significantly lesser ability to use mobs/patties. There is something to be said for dodge/combo needing a lot more pracs to make the defensive set up work compared to 'wear all.abseq', though that doesn't tell the full story (combo prac's wearing full abs + etched shield and 1h weapon will do a lot more than you might expect!).