Why would anyone want to pk you guys?

... tales of great battles, stealthy adversaries and improving your PK skills. Careful though, no whining!
langois

Re: Why would anyone want to pk you guys?

Post by langois » Thu Oct 14, 2021 9:39 pm

First of all Davonte is misrepresenting facts. Stab deals more damage then spikes and fireballs but fcs deal more damage on avg. let’s not pretend they don’t.

Too many rogues on now. Stab didn’t need landing rates and damage upped. It was good.

Maybe a 17 con cap on rogues is a good idea. 16 and 300 hp seems a bit drastic putting them only 20hp over the vastly superior channeler class. And this doesn’t address stabby rangers and fades.

Why I play my troll rogue. It’s efficient. I know I can always log them on and find someone somewhere for a kill. Since after 20 years I’ve decided it’s time to remort I can do this with my reduced playtime. It’s simply more work on my dha.
2. Abs weapons suck on anyone not a warrior. Abs hunters are basically dead. And that’s a bad thing for DS. Bashers who could track were a staple of good pk. They don’t exist.
3. Kinda ties into 1 but typing .num on discord doesn’t give enough info. Just publish real time who lists because for me lately when in doubt I log my ko bal because I know I’ll find something to do. That’s the only character I can say that with confidence. If we knew who was on which side we could decide which side offered us the experience we wanted to play. Trial it for a week with a discord bot. See how it goes I say!

Jestin

Post by Jestin » Thu Oct 14, 2021 9:46 pm

Not sure why you think channelers are superior. Yes they do deal more damage on average but the chances that this damage gets you kills is much less than the damage rogues do with stab.

And they already have the most melee damage output anyway on top of the wizkill ability! At least channelers are severely handicapped when it comes to melee.

Jestin

Post by Jestin » Thu Oct 14, 2021 9:49 pm

Also just to contribute irrelevant bullshit to this thread, you were giving me dung about playing a rogue 20 years ago but at least my latest remort was on a troll hunter abser with 14 dex :) you're the one contributing to the toxic pk environment with your troll rogue in 2021!

(This is mostly just me talking dung and shouldn't be taken seriously)

langois

Post by langois » Thu Oct 14, 2021 10:09 pm

Well tonight it was 5 ko on so I alted to LS and exlploded a rogue. Doing my part!

Davor

Post by Davor » Thu Oct 14, 2021 10:09 pm

langois wrote:
Thu Oct 14, 2021 9:39 pm
First of all Davonte is misrepresenting facts. Stab deals more damage then spikes and fireballs but fcs deal more damage on avg. let’s not pretend they don’t.

Too many rogues on now. Stab didn’t need landing rates and damage upped. It was good.

Maybe a 17 con cap on rogues is a good idea. 16 and 300 hp seems a bit drastic putting them only 20hp over the vastly superior channeler class. And this doesn’t address stabby rangers and fades.

Why I play my troll rogue. It’s efficient. I know I can always log them on and find someone somewhere for a kill. Since after 20 years I’ve decided it’s time to remort I can do this with my reduced playtime. It’s simply more work on my dha.
2. Abs weapons suck on anyone not a warrior. Abs hunters are basically dead. And that’s a bad thing for DS. Bashers who could track were a staple of good pk. They don’t exist.
3. Kinda ties into 1 but typing .num on discord doesn’t give enough info. Just publish real time who lists because for me lately when in doubt I log my ko bal because I know I’ll find something to do. That’s the only character I can say that with confidence. If we knew who was on which side we could decide which side offered us the experience we wanted to play. Trial it for a week with a discord bot. See how it goes I say!

True. But the skill required to play each class is vastly different. Anyone can log on a rogue and start blicking and doing Insane damage. A channeler has to chase, conserve sps, target smartly, deal with a much lowe HP pool. Most people who play channelers suck. Look at the graveyard of dreadlords who remort then either go back to fade or quit playing that character. There are perhaps two good channelers currently playing. Jestin is certainly good, probably the best, and in some post some moron was saying Jestin is only arguing against rogues because that’s the only class that can kill him. Like seriously what the firetruck. Everyone on this game has killed jestin with every class, every weapon, every set up. Dumbest thing I’ve read in such a long time. He does suck on most classes but I rarely see him die to stab. I can’t even remember the last time I was blicked. It just ruins PK and is a dung overpowered class for easy kills, qps, and gear. I’ve always said to increase stab land rate enormously and make it a % damage. Then you can chase and use your OP attack pierce to finish someone off, in addition make a stab at beaten or lower have a chance to blick.

Thore

Post by Thore » Thu Oct 14, 2021 11:09 pm

langois wrote:
Thu Oct 14, 2021 9:39 pm
Same reason everyone plays a rogue. Ez mode compared to most else.

erulak

Post by erulak » Fri Oct 15, 2021 12:08 am

I feel like you have to be a special kind of moron to think rogues actually do more damage than channelers (read: Davor is a very special moron).

But I'm with the non-morons like Langois and Fermin -- who speak from experience actually playing them recently, not mostly running around piercing and concurrently whining about piercing or completing timers to kill people and concurrently whining about completing timers to kill people. The issue isn't the damage output of stabbers (though the brief period of normalized melee and downed stab damage was better and didn't need to be changed) or defense, it's that the class is just much safer to play because of other things being adjusted without much adjustments down for stabbers besides the no-brainer of altering how master damage works -- and even then, we gave 50% of that back to *everybody*, which seems counterproductive.

- Rogues should not be exceeding 380+ hps. A cap of 350ish would be pretty reasonable.
- It should not be costing anyone moves to just move around fighting them. Free notice for all!
- Charge damage should be aligned with whatever damage stab is doing because it is a hell of a lot more difficult to get charges off than stabs, to the point it's almost ancillary to charge set ups. Berserk charge came with its own set of risks, which are barely worth it with it being downed.

Still can't get over this thread was started because a rank 6 Gaidin got meleed to death by two non-master rogues and that's somehow somebody else's fault. Someone tell Nasira to hurry up and shawl so he can bond!

Rig

Post by Rig » Fri Oct 15, 2021 12:55 am

People who play stab fall into three categories:

1. Dickheads like me and Langois who know it’s easy, easy gear, easy qps, easy to kill people. Just easy.

2. Solo smobbers, because it gives people something to do when they aren’t able to form a group or just want to do their own thing.

3. People who can’t fathom the possibility of playing without some sort of low-risk easy-kill character type.

Most fall into category 2 and 3. Mostly 3. 1 is reserved for myself and Khugd. Sometimes Langois.

I acquired over 2k tps and 1k qps in about two-three weeks off of stab recently, and that was before it got upped. Down stab back to what it was damage wise, I don’t really care about the land % being upped. It helps smobbing more than anything else.

Davor sucks. Jestin cries about rogues but plays a channeler with a homeland cap of 17 19 19 18 15 saying his melee damage sucks and an issueable 14 db shirt that’s better than any other dodge piece in game. Down Dreadlords.

isabel

Post by isabel » Fri Oct 15, 2021 1:58 am

I have less of a problem with anything stabbers do or how much damage as long as we can at least spam for them. The time stab flee stab bs whose counter is apparently that you have to get a k h.name off in 1-2 pulses makes any kind of group pk just silly. It should be that if you are engaged at any point then the timer for stab can't be completed.

The OP is a great example of why not to play abs and why not to try to keep pk going if you are abs - two things that drove a lot of pk in the pre-stabber and channeler and solo smobber and statter era that we have been in for the past whatever time.

byrg

Post by byrg » Fri Oct 15, 2021 2:07 am

isabel wrote:
Fri Oct 15, 2021 1:58 am
I have less of a problem with anything stabbers do or how much damage as long as we can at least spam for them. The time stab flee stab bs whose counter is apparently that you have to get a k h.name off in 1-2 pulses makes any kind of group pk just silly. It should be that if you are engaged at any point then the timer for stab can't be completed.

The OP is a great example of why not to play abs and why not to try to keep pk going if you are abs - two things that drove a lot of pk in the pre-stabber and channeler and solo smobber and statter era that we have been in for the past whatever time.
+1. We were fighting today with 3 doing that nonsense, its almost a guaranteed kill for the stabbers at that point, just silly.