Why would anyone want to pk you guys?

... tales of great battles, stealthy adversaries and improving your PK skills. Careful though, no whining!
Jaster

Re: Why would anyone want to pk you guys?

Post by Jaster » Sat Oct 16, 2021 3:41 pm

Well obviously. You are comparing actual battle logs to a thread whose sole purpose is just OUCh stabs. And as stab is a one shot thing in most cases, it’s compiled a lot of pages over many years

Kryyg

Post by Kryyg » Sat Oct 16, 2021 4:08 pm

Jaster wrote:
Sat Oct 16, 2021 2:06 pm
isabel wrote:
Sat Oct 16, 2021 11:48 am
Davor wrote:
Fri Oct 15, 2021 9:43 pm
Still the best game Ive ever played.
Find even ONE pk log from 2021 that compares to any of these I pulled out in 4 minutes of skimming AoW from a time when pk was actualy exciting. Maybe for inspiration you can dive into the 29 new pages on the stab thread since Jan 2021.

1) Bash bros go raiding EF

viewtopic.php?f=75&t=647

2) Rark vs the world

viewtopic.php?f=75&t=1111

3) Saif vs 3

viewtopic.php?f=75&t=976

4) Educational: Heavy Advantage

viewtopic.php?f=75&t=11581

5) Perfect Timing - Zarth (good old rottendoor)

viewtopic.php?f=75&t=957

6) YOLO 2 - Davor

viewtopic.php?f=75&t=1338

7) Outpost - Lykan

viewtopic.php?f=75&t=1668

The problem with this statement and example is it’s merely your opinion on what you find exciting. You are trying to get everyone to meet or exceed your expectations when the reality is what makes this game great is it bring different escapes for everyone. Other games are one dimensional where this one can be created and explored in a multitude of directions. Unfortunately, people including yourself want it all the same or just the way you like it, which would make it just another game to lose interest in. I never understood this, but that is why we are all different and get enjoyment in other ways on the game.
I agree completely with Jaster. When I was younger and played the game I wanted everyone to play by my standard of balls to the walls. It’s important to note that everyone plays for different reasons with varying levels of skill. EQ and achievements come differently for people. Once I realized this I started enjoying the game more. I don’t use discord and I don’t post as much as I used to. I enjoy the game for how it is and try to express my opinions on a global level I.e. rogues ruining PK experience overall for reasons Rark very nicely laid out. I also am not against rogues and am ok with them doing a good amount of damage at a high % success similar to weaves but balanced by their melee potential.

Neveyan

Post by Neveyan » Sat Oct 16, 2021 6:14 pm

Kryyg wrote:
Sat Oct 16, 2021 4:08 pm
Jaster wrote:
Sat Oct 16, 2021 2:06 pm
isabel wrote:
Sat Oct 16, 2021 11:48 am

Find even ONE pk log from 2021 that compares to any of these I pulled out in 4 minutes of skimming AoW from a time when pk was actualy exciting. Maybe for inspiration you can dive into the 29 new pages on the stab thread since Jan 2021.

1) Bash bros go raiding EF

viewtopic.php?f=75&t=647

2) Rark vs the world

viewtopic.php?f=75&t=1111

3) Saif vs 3

viewtopic.php?f=75&t=976

4) Educational: Heavy Advantage

viewtopic.php?f=75&t=11581

5) Perfect Timing - Zarth (good old rottendoor)

viewtopic.php?f=75&t=957

6) YOLO 2 - Davor

viewtopic.php?f=75&t=1338

7) Outpost - Lykan

viewtopic.php?f=75&t=1668

The problem with this statement and example is it’s merely your opinion on what you find exciting. You are trying to get everyone to meet or exceed your expectations when the reality is what makes this game great is it bring different escapes for everyone. Other games are one dimensional where this one can be created and explored in a multitude of directions. Unfortunately, people including yourself want it all the same or just the way you like it, which would make it just another game to lose interest in. I never understood this, but that is why we are all different and get enjoyment in other ways on the game.
I agree completely with Jaster. When I was younger and played the game I wanted everyone to play by my standard of balls to the walls. It’s important to note that everyone plays for different reasons with varying levels of skill. EQ and achievements come differently for people. Once I realized this I started enjoying the game more. I don’t use discord and I don’t post as much as I used to. I enjoy the game for how it is and try to express my opinions on a global level I.e. rogues ruining PK experience overall for reasons Rark very nicely laid out. I also am not against rogues and am ok with them doing a good amount of damage at a high % success similar to weaves but balanced by their melee potential.
Similar views especially on 'each to their own' . I have seen a tenancy more than historical I think to debate and argue to create a 1 dimensional skill set approach to PK. Which I don't like. Normally when there is a balance issue you see everyone flock to that inbalance and it becomes obvious. I don't see that with rogues.

I've said it many times now. Only main issue Mmud is playerbase numbers. While it's remarkable the activity of the imms and players on improving the game, I think the majority of the effort should be on attracting *new* players (the next generation).

isabel

Post by isabel » Sat Oct 16, 2021 6:24 pm

No issues with each to their own. The only issue is when 85% of pk becomes stabber dominated which has been a recent trend. Even that is fine, since people can just do something else.