One way to leave RK (apparently)

... tales of great battles, stealthy adversaries and improving your PK skills. Careful though, no whining!
erulak

Re: One way to leave RK (apparently)

Post by erulak » Wed Sep 01, 2021 10:26 am

arston wrote:
Wed Sep 01, 2021 7:21 am
I remember DS hitting almost every city 2x-3x per night (getting more tps per day than we have gotten total) and nobody made an issue out of it.
This is sort of nonsense -- people absolutely made an issue out of it and, to be frank, it was much worse because it was taking advantage of temporary bugfuck warrior bonuses for farming to remorts. It was stupid and made for a very stupid game that I had no interest in playing however long until it took to fix. That can't be undone, but whataboutism doesn't change the fact that these awards, like those ones, were too high for killing a bunch of mobs with pretty minimal risk until you do it so persistently often that people start waiting for you.

DS cityhead hits recently had an uptick when 500 tps = 30 QPs and silver tokens, which added more incentive to try to get that 80-100 TPs a night. Certain people can't be expected to have perspective and self-modulate on either side of it -- it's hunky dory for some to smob for up to 100 TPs a night and it's awesome for some that mobs that stun and emote damage are in play. After the removal of doors around most of the cityheads, I would have preferred just lowering the reward and making it more of a grind. Lowering the awards works, considering this level of farming was happening last when herald/cityhead rewards were much higher.
Last edited by erulak on Wed Sep 01, 2021 10:36 am, edited 2 times in total.

isabel

Post by isabel » Wed Sep 01, 2021 10:31 am

The irony of complainig that DS logs when you're doing cityheads when you constantly watch the numbers to hit or leave according to who list. Pot kettle much :p

Draz

Post by Draz » Wed Sep 01, 2021 11:55 am

Not so ironic, there have definitely been times where people would literally log on groups knowing when and where certain players were. That dung is just bad for the game. If you want to play you should play, spending all this time /not/ playing specifically to then use out of game information to log in the attack people /in/ game is idiotic.

If you're pking in a fun way people will come and pk you, if you raid and people want pk they'll come for that. If you're on the damned game and people come looking for pk you can pk, or raid. If, like FIddler today, you happen to log on during a raid, great, firetruck it up.

This dung of messaging people for easy kills is stupid.

Draz

Post by Draz » Wed Sep 01, 2021 12:03 pm

And our triggers for leaving are pretty high, 5 of us..1 ds? fine, 2 ds? mm ok.. 4 ds? we leave. Pretty much same numbers for 6, if we're 7 we'll likely stay for whatever you want if you actually pk. Our last 4-5 hits have literally been stopped in their tracks by a single pker. That chortlesnorfling patty literally killed group members before they could react when we so much as walked to blarg.

In the last two weeks we've been hit by multiple dreadlords twice, multiple remorts 3-4 times, and multiple masters basically every day.

We've had 6 different cases in the last two weeks where /without/ players defending we've had people die. On two of those occasions we had players die, a DS entered the zone, and looted, before we even got a chance (once at Maeltor, once at Shaidar). Not to mention just plain stupid rips like people dying at that patrol (without it being multibashed).

These mobs aren't easy. You have plenty of support. If you sit somewhere I can both find you, and hit, and actually have some reasonable chance of winning (at which point yes bait me to the next mobs, and the next) you'll get pk. But all any of you are chortlesnorfling interested in is your easy kills at the clan head - or sitting DGs, or GK. Heck, for that matter if you've got 4-5 I'm not gonna hit blarg - firetruck off to blight and I'll come fight you, if my group is ok with it. If you have a remort, and want LS to hit, either bait or yell it.

Grut

Post by Grut » Wed Sep 01, 2021 12:06 pm

o HP:Scratched MV:Tiring >

Dager narrates 'fairly recent mounts into sg'

n
q
kill ghost
Eastern Assembly Hall, Before the Stone Dais
[ obvious exits: N S W ]
Zone: City in the Blight
A tall-backed throne is crumbling at the center of a stone dais.
An impressive spectral king rests in stately manner upon his throne.
A foul tempered snow-ghost sneers as it smells the blood of its next victim.

* HP:Scratched MV:Tiring >
You scythe a snow-ghost's left leg into bloody fragments!

* HP:Scratched MV:Tiring - a snow-ghost: Hurt >

A spectral king joins a snow-ghost's fight!
A snow-ghost joins a spectral king's fight!

* HP:Scratched MV:Tiring - a snow-ghost: Hurt >
cw
change mood wimpy
f
A snow-ghost barely tickles your body with her hit.
A snow-ghost tickles your body with her hit.
A spectral king pounds your body.
A snow-ghost tickles your body with her hit.
You scythe a snow-ghost's body extremely hard.
Mood changed to: Wimpy
Wimpy reset to: 208 hit points.

wh
where
* HP:Scratched MV:Tiring - a snow-ghost: Wounded >
You panic and attempt to flee!

You flee head over heels.
Northeast Corner of the Assembly Hall
[ obvious exits: E S W ]
Players in your Zone
--------------------
Grut - Northeast Corner of the Assembly Hall

w
Upper North Corner of the Assembly Hall
[ obvious exits: N E S W ]

z no smells
[narrate ]
You narrate 'no smells'

s
w
The Assembly Hall
An elite trolloc is resting here.

w
Western Assembly Hall

w
w
Chamber of Audiences
[ obvious exits: E W ]

o HP:Scratched MV:Tiring > The Main Corridor

w
The Main Corridor
A red-eyed raven is perched nearby, staring silently at you.

o HP:Scratched MV:Tiring > Within the Castle
[ obvious exits: N E W ]

w
wh
where
Before the Ruins of a Castle
[ obvious exits: E S W ]

Players in your Zone
--------------------
Grut - Before the Ruins of a Castle

track

-=
Some obvious fresh tracks of Grut leaving east.

e
e
e
Dager narrates 'no tracks out waygate'
Within the Castle
[ obvious exits: N E W ]

The Main Corridor
A red-eyed raven is perched nearby, staring silently at you.

o HP:Scratched MV:Tiring > The Main Corridor

e
e
Chamber of Audiences

Western Assembly Hall

e
The Assembly Hall
An elite trolloc is resting here.

who
Players
-------
Astarion the Trolloc <-- maybe logged on a few seconds ago
Dager the Sharp <-- Logged on probably just ran WG to go raid
Grut tha'Zerk [Ghar'ghael] <-- Logged on only 2 or 3 mins ago
Penetrator the Pugnacious Destroyer [Ahf'frait] (Idle) <-- Idle at well, no clue how long

4 players displayed.

wh
where
Players in your Zone
--------------------
Grut - The Assembly Hall

Dager narrates 'north on dark road'

... then a few of us perished, after you sat next to doors waiting for us to hit a 6+ group.
Complaining about "people log on because they get called ooc" is just plain stupid and ignorant.

Draz

Post by Draz » Wed Sep 01, 2021 12:30 pm

Perhaps I lost track of time. There was either zero or 1 DS when we were heading North from oakdoor.
Spawn showed up TKD before we could hit anything and we checked again and it was 4. Damned chortlesnorfling right I doored you after that. My apologies if it wasn't using discord calls, given I have been told on the daily about people being asked to log on and hit us (not every day - didn't happen today with Fiddler) or people being asked to wait around to kill us, I'm happy with my stance of being skeptical.

Again you want pk, go blight, go oakdoor, you have plenty of ways to not get doored.
I'm thinking maybe it isn't clear. The specific core of the group I do these hits with, specifically decided to stop hitting. Decided that its both too risky, and that people are complaining too much. Then each day we've had periods where it drops to zero DS and we're all grouped and, frankly there are multiple people in the group pushing towards master.

Draz

Post by Draz » Wed Sep 01, 2021 12:33 pm

For clarity I didn't door Grut. Grut is a smart trolloc!

I doored Astarion in a door I've never even seen before, hagging my entire group (I gave out 3 vials and a cider and quaffed twice) to do it.
I then killed Dager in ways - because apparently people leaving is the univeral symbol to 'now' try and pk. Hilariously he fled 'out' of spine waygate and fled back in and died. Nowhere near as bad as Mikhan killing me from I think full without me so much as trying to bash him or calling for help, but I still felt pretty vindicated.

Draz

Post by Draz » Wed Sep 01, 2021 12:34 pm

Also we weren't 6 in TKD, we were 5, another came up when there were 4 DS reported.

isabel

Post by isabel » Wed Sep 01, 2021 1:02 pm

I don't understand the 'easy kill at the clan head' that people on DS are interested in - is this why you dont' hit the vastly outnumbered PCs at clan heads until everybody is wvd/full sps etc?

You're writing a lot about the heroic experiences of your group, like honestly there's an almost romantic air of the arc of the first book's adventures in it - a friendly, down to earth group of youngsters being led by the experienced Lan, facing these exciting and risky situations, slowly growing and emerging into capable fighters in their own right etc.

What you're not incorporating in your vision here is what it's like for people outside that bubble. Hitting cityheads in maxed out groups over and over again is not really fun for people who aren't new to pk. I can (and have) hit scout and try to pk the 1-3 DS there, but your group being around there either makes it some kind of weird artificial no-risk pk or basically will mean I'm supposed to pk with your group which is no fun for me.

Alternatively, I log on DS to pk (which is frankly what I would do at this stage) - and you should realise for yourself that as LS pkers are driven off with the constant smobbing, they would start logging DS which means you would have increasing numbers to content with on DS.

I think I'm mostly salty that thanks to this stuff literally everything that allows outnumbered pk to be fun and possible (multibash, wvd, who list awareness) looks like a really bad thing that should be nerfed. Wvd is a good example - channies usually wvd only when they're beat/crit or else it would be ridiculous for them to walk around with 160 more hps than warriors/hunters. So some amount of player discretion allows us to have these options.

erulak

Post by erulak » Wed Sep 01, 2021 1:05 pm

It sort of boggles the mind how entitled you feel to take advantage of low numbers when you see it on Playground but can't seem to comprehend that people might use the same damn thing to log on the side showing fewer or no numbers specifically because they know that's when you are most likely to be trying this. I'm not going to consistently stay up until 2 or 3 AM my time just to foil your hits and people certainly aren't messaging me at that hour if I know them well enough to talk to them on Discord, but prior to the silly over-the-top patrol (which needs to go away), enough people choosing to defend instead of cheese smobs on their way to master along with you was literally the only limiting factor, outside of self-inflicted stupidity like embracing in TKD. There's a pattern here, and not singling you out here since this is the case with many people, of getting really nice things that seem intended to be "supplemental" and then just squeezing the blood out of it until it needs to be tapered back.
But all any of you are chortlesnorfling interested in is your easy kills at the clan head - or sitting DGs, or GK. Heck, for that matter if you've got 4-5 I'm not gonna hit blarg - firetruck off to blight and I'll come fight you, if my group is ok with it. If you have a remort, and want LS to hit, either bait or yell it.
Lol -- the DGs you immediately blind and render pretty useless? The GK which is the only place DS can't be hit with 3+ weaves at the same time while you roll disengaged 240 OB zerk bashes?

You're going on about how much this sucks for you, but consider the impact on players (or Imms who design this stuff) who may want this stuff do-able on non-Tower characters or non-Tower reliant groups at some point and can't because some damage mitigated master warder with 225 ob, perma-WVD, zerk attack, multibash leading around 3 channelers at a minimum just keeps pushing the need to up stuff by opting to take the easy road every single night. If self-control was a thing or policy like how remorts can't help with city-hits was in the mix (or couldn't, I don't know, I've generally had zero interest in doing that stuff when I'm logged on the supposed-to-push-PK side), maybe it wouldn't get so ridiculous, both in terms of upping stuff and people potentially coordinating.

But we don't live in that world, so just remove the patrol, down the rewards, and make the free qps/tps more of a grind, since the doors being removed was a good initial change that would have made sense to look at for awhile longer.