Koryak the Male Channeler

... tales of great battles, stealthy adversaries and improving your PK skills. Careful though, no whining!
vaheed

Re: Koryak the Male Channeler

Post by vaheed » Mon Aug 02, 2021 3:55 pm

Thore wrote:
Mon Aug 02, 2021 2:13 pm
It's not enforceable therefore it's not enforced, but people (myself included) use alts to help out their alts. Often it's just using a rogue to smob farm for eq, but sometimes it's incin / fstrike on a rando MC after the high level alt has taken a glance at someone with a nice kit. See Rig'e post above, sometimes it's stab but that's harder.

With the ease of leveling now I'm surprised we don't see more level 51 MCs popping up and incinerating people. Perhaps we will. Back in the day you had to be extra vigilant, these days you don't have to be as vigilant but maybe we are returning to needing to be extra vigilant again?

I'm not accusing the guy like Vaheed did, but I'm corroborating what has historically happened all the time on WoTMUD. Those that have been around long enough will know.
]]

I think you misunderstood if you think I am "accusing" him. I am just saying, this is generally how it goes. Use your murdering MC to gear your R7 Aes Sedai, what's wrong with that yeah? I have no idea who he plays, or what he plans on doing with the equipment should he ever figure out the timing.

Chrissy

Post by Chrissy » Mon Aug 02, 2021 4:51 pm

Real playas just incin on their R7 Aes Sedai

Paigey

Post by Paigey » Mon Aug 02, 2021 5:23 pm

According to the practice trainer a rank 7 with 19 int should be able to get...
-Incinerate low 90s
-Flame strike, fireball, ice spikes in the low 90s
-WVD low 90s
-Refresh low 90s
-and armor 50-60

I crashed the practice trainer before I could write the numbers down, but you could run around incinerating people and roleplay something about being a pyro while earning alt qps to go DL and roleplay qps too.

Dear Pyro Sedai,

The Immortal stuff recently read with some concern your log "Fire". It seemed to focus on an Aes Sedai who enjoys watching matches burning down to their end in the back corner of the Tower library while muttering the words "Fire, Fire, Fire, Fire" over and over again. Unfortunately we did not feel this log meets the high standards expected of an Aes Sedai and cannot award you questpoints for the log. -With concern, the Immortal Staff

Thore

Post by Thore » Mon Aug 02, 2021 9:44 pm

Chrissy wrote:
Mon Aug 02, 2021 4:51 pm
Real playas just incin on their R7 Aes Sedai
Don't give me ideas! TIL you can cast it while engaged, like WTF?!

Torag

Post by Torag » Mon Aug 02, 2021 11:50 pm

Some of us use our incining MCs just to burn people who annoy us. The gear isn't always the motivator.

Thore

Post by Thore » Tue Aug 03, 2021 3:12 am

Torag wrote:
Mon Aug 02, 2021 11:50 pm
Some of us use our incining MCs just to burn people who annoy us. The gear isn't always the motivator.
Or perhaps to re-eq the MC itself since they're not going to be doing much all tainted up and such. :D

Draz

Post by Draz » Tue Aug 03, 2021 8:36 am

As far as I can tell its just two players messing around on MCs atm, one of them is going to reign it in and I doubt the other will.

The comments about prevalence of exp - there are specific players who have a ton of leveled mc alts just ready to go, I've stopped being quite such a dick to them (but also need to find the list I made of MCs logging in one after another every 5minutes for like 2 hours one day)

It can be a bit of fun but most of the playerbase right now don't actually seem to play with the specific intent of ruining other peoples days

Sarryn

Post by Sarryn » Tue Aug 03, 2021 12:02 pm

Sounds exhausting to go out of your way to make someone have a bad day. :p Sounds even more exhausting to create a bunch of mcs to do so. Sucks my dude Conall got incinned. One of the few really fun players to fight. Doing him dirty like that. Lot of people on here are very eq driven. It comes and goes, just text. Amusing how people judge others so much about it. Or anything really on a game. Everyone out there just trying to have fun.

Everyone’s view of fun is different. Maybe it’s smobbing constantly. Maybe it’s rping. Maybe it’s showing up at the end of pk to have a no risk easy reward. Maybe it’s rolling around on a fade/gaiden with a group at your back constantly. Maybe it’s only staying above hurt and flee stabbing constantly. Maybe it’s logging on with a group of buddies and dominating. Maybe it’s solo playing against the odds. Maybe it’s afk killing. Maybe you like murdering. Maybe it’s portal stoning people in pk. Maybe it’s ruining others fun. Maybe you just play to get away from life. Etc etc.

In the end who cares. Long as your not out there ld/afk killing as your goal your good. Most people have there own ideas of fun. Most people might think your idea of fun is not right. In the end again who cares. Do you and rp/pk the way you want. As far as mcs and murderers. The random few nowadays is laughable compared to when I started. You had multiple murderers mcs on constantly. I died so dam much when I started. I think my first 5 deaths were same side. You had Talon/Fist/Dovim and Teveyl etc etc. Got incinned/sleep stabbed fairly often. Remember getting a shocker on Tadr and the next day getting incinned for it by a top pker lol. Or going smobbing with someone to get stabbed while resting by them lol.

dung happens, 15 tics later it all restarts again big whoop.

Atienne

Post by Atienne » Tue Aug 03, 2021 12:51 pm

Peggy wrote:
Sat Jul 31, 2021 9:28 am
What more proof do you need!
In character letters, in character interviews, in character yelling for help that was seen by other people in character. To see it in character with my own (Atienne's) eyes, or for someone else (in character) that I (in character as Atienne) holds as reputable to have seen it (in character) with their own (in character) eyes. I hope you've noticed the pattern here. :P
Ryzom wrote:
Sun Aug 01, 2021 2:09 pm
Pure speculation and making assumptions is a good way to start unnecessary drama and bullshit than anything else, story as old as time!
Now I'm not trying to poo poo you Ryzom, but I think it's hilarious that you're the person that has to say this! All joking aside, you are 100% right about this.

vaheed

Post by vaheed » Tue Aug 03, 2021 2:51 pm

Atienne wrote:
Tue Aug 03, 2021 12:51 pm
Peggy wrote:
Sat Jul 31, 2021 9:28 am
What more proof do you need!
In character letters, in character interviews, in character yelling for help that was seen by other people in character. To see it in character with my own (Atienne's) eyes, or for someone else (in character) that I (in character as Atienne) holds as reputable to have seen it (in character) with their own (in character) eyes. I hope you've noticed the pattern here. :P
Ryzom wrote:
Sun Aug 01, 2021 2:09 pm
Pure speculation and making assumptions is a good way to start unnecessary drama and bullshit than anything else, story as old as time!
Now I'm not trying to poo poo you Ryzom, but I think it's hilarious that you're the person that has to say this! All joking aside, you are 100% right about this.
I agree with your sentiment there but I've also heard it said that you can have in character consequences from things said on Discord so take that however you please. Someone may have backed off of that now but when Discord was new it was a thing.